[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Coontrapper:
Wow, that’s a beautiful knife
View Quote

Thanks bro.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 11:38:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Book looks more and more like prophecy..

Need a sequel! Maybe a novella? Short stories alluded to like the fellow in Africa?

Link Posted: 11/6/2020 4:29:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 4:43:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Elk hunt a week or so ago.  13 days.  No elk.  Very rewarding.  That is the middle of a twelve mile 2000
vertical day.  It was...difficult.

GENERAL NOTE:

1.  Will read and catch up to these posts shortly.

2.  Reality has not entirely surpassed fiction, but getting much closer much faster than I had "hoped"--
but I don't do "hope"--and I highly recommend that no one else do "hope."

3.  Reality has surpassed/modified the time line/view of what I had considered to write in the future.
I assume that I will, but cannot guarantee it.  For the time spent "writing" I might have made...ten
cents an hour?  But other purposes were served, and served well.  We shall see.

4.  If everyone who understands this book does not live in/move to a state that had a 60/30 ratio
in our favor within the next "few years"--they will be sorry.  No proper names, as usual.

5.  There is nothing left that can be fixed with "understanding."  Do not ruminate/speculate on what this
might mean on any public forum.

DCB
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 2:38:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Did you go elk hunting with an 03 Springfield?
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 3:42:31 PM EDT
[#7]
--BigdAm--yes indeed. O3a3 serial number dates to about mid 1943 and two groove barrel is '44.
Carried about...25 pounds of completely not needed metal/ammo/etc.  Good friend had a zone
48/Sawtooths first rifle tag.  I had wolf tags.  Deal was he shoots elk, I get to shoot any wolf
(likelihood:....of seeing/shooting wolf about...um.....(.)00001 of one percent.  But my goal
is to dress up like a pirate (not that pirate) as opposed to "practical" hunting.  Was a nice
gear/fitness check.  Pretty much how I want to spend rest of life--but in desert/high desert.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 7:23:07 PM EDT
[#8]
DC, I somehow lost track of this thread over the last year or so. Congratulations on completing it. I will be purchasing it as soon as I get to my Kindle.

Also, welcome to Idaho!
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 7:28:29 PM EDT
[#9]
--Lungbuster good to see you--"losing track" well that's my fault--not the most
regular communicator--Idaho--nowhere else to go and it took me way way way
too long.  Love the pic/avatar--far more interested in getting predators wolf
coyote cat bear than ungulates.  We shall see.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 9:17:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lungbuster] [#10]
@DCBourone

I’ll be going on a coyote hunt mid-December when I’m home from the oilfield. It’ll be south central Idaho. Send me a IM if you’re interested in going  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 12:25:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Lungbuster:
@DCBourone

I'll be going on a coyote hunt mid-December when I'm home from the oilfield. It'll be south central Idaho. Send me a IM if you're interested in going  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/196752/0E7330EF-26D3-4D47-8143-D63F962F4850_jpe-1672747.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/196752/FF19D90D-D8082-47CE-8BC9-060E8453F72F_jpe-1672748.JPG
View Quote

Thats cool. I just got my rug, hide and skulls back from the cats I killed last year.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/7/2020 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#12]
DCB - good to see all is well. Checking in with my fellow Librarians in this strangest of times.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 5:16:05 PM EDT
[#13]
--Lungbuster--awesome pics!  What rifle/scope combo--that is a lot of barrel to burn
a lot of powder--22/250 or .243?

--BigD--gorgeous cats--what size/weight that big bobcat????

----mnmiv--strange times indeed.  Just...wow.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 9:13:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By DCBourone:

--Lungbuster--awesome pics!  What rifle/scope combo--that is a lot of barrel to burn

View Quote
The larger cat was around 22 lbs and the smaller one was about 12.

Both were tiny compared to the 34lb  male I killed in 2018.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 8:35:55 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

It’s a Remington 700 in .17Remington topped with an old Leupold vx1.
It shoots 30gr Berger’s at about 3900fps with 22gr of Varget.  It’s excellent for coyotes, especially since I put up the fur. No exit holes.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#16]
--BigD--I had no idea bobcats could get over....20-25 pounds?  Awesome.

--Lungbuster--.17 Remington--read about it, never seen one, sounds perfect.

GOING BACK TO POSTS 07/09/2020--

--yep STj get your ass to Idaho, misbehave indeed, arrested...ahhhh....solder auto-light in
dash etc.--looking at same shit, need a master switch--and everybody else get west.

--coontrapper/biere/greyguy--see above: get west.

--Dfarm--agreed MUST BE IN GROUPS--the largest likely construct will be a "state."

--FieldMP//GreenGiant--will be commenting on artifacts over time in larger context "purpose of this ??book??"

--GENERAL NOTE: challenge coin/factory/etc.--AS INTENDED YEARS AGO AND UNDERSTOOD.

--GENERAL NOTE: THE FIRST CHALLENGE COIN IS THE BOOK.  Nuff said at this time.

--Stjmnmiv--yeah chat AROUND the forge.  Smart.

--Field/MP--the first big signal will be a "nuke" in an unpopulated place .re "the book."  A universal heads-up and etc.
Mushrooms have been an accepted symbol for a really long time.  Assume it/they will be used.

--GreenG I do have a fusion powered DeLorean.

--TrueBlueTexas much thanks, and...tell your friends.  See how that works?  WHO DO YOU KNOW that you
would "want" to send this book?  It is not an "easy" book, is it?

--highstepper much thanks!

--Former11b--no it is not good at all I'm afraid.  Just normal "history"--accelerated.  Grim grim grim.

--Ghost1--my timing is poor.  There should be a hard-copy.  I will just say, after loh these many years: still pending.

--APNslickback, good to see you--audiobooks are (long subject) "not easy/very expensive" and likely to "miss"
some messaging that has to be "seen."  But your request has other merits.  I do not have an answer at this time.

--highstepper have not looked ahead if you have not done so please post a review, recommend to "a friend/s" if
possible.

TO BE CONTINUED:

Link Posted: 11/11/2020 3:32:22 PM EDT
[#17]
-BLg--papermills, casenite...good to see you.

--mnmiv/greyguy--yeah fiction...not fiction...who can tell?

--Coontrapper, good to see you, and etc.--

--Designated--good to see you!  Sig line man!

--lastcrusader likewise!

----um yeah there will be nukes.  Very...unfortunate.

--DFarm making a blade!!!!  very nice!!!!

--Coontrapper awesome pics elk-hunt.  Post more pics!!!!

--StimpsonJ!!!!!!!  No proper names evah!!!!!

--last/crusader "vat grown clone"--they come from the same space.  Exactly.

--STJ holy ffff that knife.

--STj on coins--ok this is seriously fffing motivating.

--DFarm: AWESOME: I'm also learning the significance of etching your name in the steel of a tool that has the potential to be useful a couple of generations from now. It's a big responsibility, making something for people who don't exist yet.

--STj yes artifacts meant to/must live beyond us.  Value tokens.

--DFARm---"somebody was thinking about them"--EXACTLY.

--stJ--KILL THE WITCH KING...awesome.

--DFArm--been looking for intact Roman gladius in museums/etc. forever.  So far...none exist.
That must never happen again.

--STj, brutal hike.  Just did one...more later.

--STJ bowie AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

--biere--I would be considered "indifferent" to "money"--but I have a lot of artifacts...and not much else.

--

Link Posted: 11/12/2020 11:07:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Lungbuster:
@DCBourone

I’ll be going on a coyote hunt mid-December when I’m home from the oilfield. It’ll be south central Idaho. Send me a IM if you’re interested in going  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/196752/0E7330EF-26D3-4D47-8143-D63F962F4850_jpe-1672747.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/196752/FF19D90D-D808-47CE-8BC9-060E8453F72F_jpe-1672748.JPG
View Quote

Wow, that cat is beautiful
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 7:50:50 PM EDT
[#19]
--General note: I put a post on General Forum about Idaho elk hunt:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/STRESS-DUMP-Get-Outdoors-No-Matter-What-Idaho-Hunting-Trip-Pics-/5-2391384/?page=1

Help me become an Instagram post-whoring lifestyle influencer.

--Trapper--never thought about hunting bobcats.  Now I am.  Would love those skins.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 2:24:11 PM EDT
[#20]

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/STRESS-DUMP-Get-Outdoors-No-Matter-What-Idaho-Hunting-Trip-Pics-/5-2391384/?page=1

--Trapper--never thought about hunting bobcats.  Now I am.  Would love those skins.
View Quote

If your using dogs you stand a good chance of getting a cat. If you are going to try to call one it's like looking for unicorns you must have lots of patience.

I have been calling coyotes for 40 years and have yet to put eyes on a cat yet, but in their defense I am only on stand for about ten minutes and gone.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 9:06:37 PM EDT
[#21]
No posts from the Librarians lately....

Hope all are well and that you have a Merry Christmas surrounded by family, love, and tidings of joy.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 10:18:14 AM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

I got in on the thread above late.  I don't think you're checking it anymore.  Congratulations on getting that move accomplished DC.  That is just awesome.

Merry Christmas to all of you The Soldier's Son fans!
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 3:54:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By greyguy:

I got in on the thread above late.  I don't think you're checking it anymore.  Congratulations on getting that move accomplished DC.  That is just awesome.

Merry Christmas to all of you The Soldier's Son fans!
View Quote

Merry Christmas to you and those like us (and their families)!
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 4:48:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Coontrapper] [#24]
Attachment Attached File

Merry Christmas everyone. I’m back home in VA and picked  up a S&W 41 mag today from the man who taught me how to trap.

Also none of you old farts out there are allowed to die, we need everyone of you. While I was visiting he started pointing specific things out he wants me to have when he dies (he’s been going downhill for awhile), that shit was absolutely heart breaking.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 12:37:58 AM EDT
[#25]
I know the feeling. My grandad started doing that before be passed. It was hard.

We'll all be there though, and hopefully the material things are the least of what we pass on.

I checked in here today to see if anyone had anything to say about the Nashville explosion.

I'm starting to realize that we're living in "interesting" times.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 1:42:26 PM EDT
[#26]
A close friend and mentor joked about marking some of his stuff for when he passed. Pretty dark humor, especially since he left about a year later.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 7:51:05 PM EDT
[#27]
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459504/CD7FE4F3-1120-45A7-BCF9-B50A8731D51D_jpe-1748157.JPG

Merry Christmas everyone. I’m back home in VA and picked  up a S&W 41 mag today from the man who taught me how to trap.

Also none of you old farts out there are allowed to die, we need everyone of you. While I was visiting he started pointing specific things out he wants me to have when he dies (he’s been going downhill for awhile), that shit was absolutely heart breaking.
View Quote

Please, I know it will be hard and seem petty....have him write down what needs to go where.  If you think that process hurt, wait til you have family fight you over what you know he wanted.

Also, you should be proud, it's a very hard thing to tell someone they have to carry your coin when you are gone.  I know where I want most of my coins to go...I am not brave enough to tell those getting them to their face.  He must love you very much.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 7:55:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By DFARM:

I checked in here today to see if anyone had anything to say about the Nashville explosion.

I'm starting to realize that we're living in "interesting" times.
View Quote

Nashville RV bomb was a mini Sinai nuke IMO.

"Look what we can do."

Daughter and I went for coffee today.  

Daughter "There's another RV."  
Me "You are being played."
Daughter "Right...misdirection."
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 11:51:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By stimpsonjcat:

Nashville RV bomb was a mini Sinai nuke IMO.

"Look what we can do."

Daughter and I went for coffee today.  

Daughter "There's another RV."  
Me "You are being played."
Daughter "Right...misdirection."
View Quote

That's the only thing that makes the warnings beforehand make any sense.

Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:47:15 PM EDT
[#30]
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459504/CD7FE4F3-1120-45A7-BCF9-B50A8731D51D_jpe-1748157.JPG

View Quote

It is heart breaking. A word of advice - make sure he puts it ALL in a written will. My Uncle did something very similar and even texted me the details with a note saying “Produce this if something happens to me.”  I told him to put it in his will and he said he would (this was not long after my Dad died 8 years ago). Fast forward to this pas September and he drops dead of a massive heart attack. Guess what he never did?  His stupid wife allowed “an old friend” to take care of my uncle’s things despite knowing what his wishes were. I got a few of his guns (but none of his Brownings or either of the Glocks I did the armorer’s work on), didn’t get his Harley or the car he wanted me to have despite her promising them to me. The “old friend” made off with them. And that’s just the tip of it....

I’m only 48, so I’m not going anywhere anytime soon. I’ve still got a lot of stuff to teach/pass on to my 10 yo son.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 6:54:00 PM EDT
[#31]

Please, I know it will be hard and seem petty....have him write down what needs to go where.  If you think that process hurt, wait til you have family fight you over what you know he wanted.

Also, you should be proud, it's a very hard thing to tell someone they have to carry your coin when you are gone.  I know where I want most of my coins to go...I am not brave enough to tell those getting them to their face.  He must love you very much.
View Quote

Originally Posted By mnmiv:

It is heart breaking. A word of advice - make sure he puts it ALL in a written will. My Uncle did something very similar and even texted me the details with a note saying “Produce this if something happens to me.”  I told him to put it in his will and he said he would (this was not long after my Dad died 8 years ago). Fast forward to this pas September and he drops dead of a massive heart attack. Guess what he never did?  His stupid wife allowed “an old friend” to take care of my uncle’s things despite knowing what his wishes were. I got a few of his guns (but none of his Brownings or either of the Glocks I did the armorer’s work on), didn’t get his Harley or the car he wanted me to have despite her promising them to me. The “old friend” made off with them. And that’s just the tip of it....

I’m only 48, so I’m not going anywhere anytime soon. I’ve still got a lot of stuff to teach/pass on to my 10 yo son.
View Quote

Good advice, thanks guys
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 6:32:11 PM EDT
[#32]
GENERAL NOTE:  will be pure sci-fi zone post Jan. 20.  FFFFFF.  Really don't know what
I can say here.  Thinking about it, obv.

--Trapshooter12--been reading as much as I can about calling predators, including cats/any cats
and even black bears.  Super interesting.  Inclined to walking/stalking/roaming as opposed
to high altitude static set-up spotter-scoping--so seems ideal.  Watched a ton of the youtube mountain
lion/dog tracking videos--fascinating but not something I will likely ever do.  If I ever get
a mountain lion will be pure luck I suppose.

--Merry Christma mniv and all!

--greyguy much thanks.  Not easy getting to Idaho.  About twenty time a day "Oh F I made it...really."

--CTrapper--awesome pistol/caliber.  The notes here on transfer of artifacts--super important.  Have
watched several friends hand off their artifacts--yep, heart-breaking.

--DFarm--artifacts "resonate"--visual cue to value systems.  I think I have quite a few years left
but am very mindful that all my "stuff" should last thousands of years with modest maintenance--
where will it go?

--greyguy yes I am where I want to be geographically.  Amazed every day.  Another two months
of post-election observation and gear prep and will be pretty much plug-and-play for as long as
still healthy.  Also understand family ties/etc.  Sometimes they will/must rule.

--32Dohc--feel very strongly that some form of "partition" better than any other future solution.
Requires maximum density of like minds in same places.  Get here ASAP!

Link Posted: 12/31/2020 9:55:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Happy New Year - like minded brothers. I wish you good health and prosperity in 2021.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 5:02:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: greyguy] [#34]

Merry Christmas everyone. I'm back home in VA and picked  up a S&W 41 mag today from the man who taught me how to trap.

Also none of you old farts out there are allowed to die, we need everyone of you. While I was visiting he started pointing specific things out he wants me to have when he dies (he's been going downhill for awhile), that shit was absolutely heart breaking.
View Quote

I've always thought that the .41mags were cool.  I've never actually shot one but that doesn't stop me from thinking that one day I "should" probably get one...

Good luck with your friend/family (?) that is struggling.  Try to be grateful for the time that you still have with the man.  Tough times...
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 9:37:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Did I ever send stickers?
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 9:38:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Wow. When reality mirrors fiction.

How are my fellow Librarians?  I fear our knowledge is going to be of increasing importance in the days ahead.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 9:39:26 PM EDT
[#37]

Did I ever send stickers?
View Quote

Don’t think so, but I damn sure need one now.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 9:48:39 PM EDT
[#38]
I think I'm still processing the happenings today.

We were just shown exactly what the critters in DC think of we the people.

I don't know where we go from here.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 10:27:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By DFARM:

I don't know where we go from here.
View Quote

"Nothing good."
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 10:30:35 PM EDT
[#40]
You go forward.

Today's antics should have been like the lighting of torches in the old days to show the way for a night movement.

As things get dumber and dumber the way will glow brighter and brighter to many.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:15:55 AM EDT
[#41]
A very bad day.

At the end of a very bad year.

"Nothing good," indeed.

Very much appreciate the circumspection in language that continues to be shown here.

And will be CRITICAL in the future.

'Nuff said at this time.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 10:21:09 AM EDT
[#42]
More prophetic than ever.  God be with us all.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 10:49:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By DesignatedMarksman:
More prophetic than ever.  God be with us all.
View Quote
This indeed.  Librarians will be needed and Librarians will need Him.  Amen.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 8:37:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Stickers going out in tomorrow's mail.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 9:50:44 PM EDT
[#45]
GENERAL NOTE:

Many if not most here would have considered our present situation inevitable over 20 years ago.

It will become more visible to many for the rest of our lives.

A future best case would be //separation//.

There are many worse cases.

//Don't be late//

//Don't be late//

//Don't be late//

To make critical decisions about

1. Location.

2. Peer group assessment.

3. Tool kits.

4. Personal fitness--

A. Mental.

B.  Physical.

Very much appreciate the circumspection in language shown here, these many years.

//Someday// it will be //critical//.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 3:39:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Much is critical.  Accept you may not be able to do it all.  If you can do some and help others, then that means an awful lot.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:20:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stimpsonjcat] [#47]
DC...this came up in a mundane Star Wars thread recently...I was impressed.

Helluva thing to find in a cartoon.

There are more of us than we know.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:06:05 PM EDT
[#48]
DC...this came up in a mundane Star Wars thread recently...I was impressed.

https://preview.redd.it/b8ng7d3k16v41.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=148ec109eb55fc1458a9d8d0f42dcedb9180e0f6

Helluva thing to find in a cartoon.

There are more of us than we know.
View Quote
I dont get it what am I missing?

Thats the death of Darth Maul's brother who had been enchanted by the night sister.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:42:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By BIgDAM:
I dont get it what am I missing?

Thats the death of Darth Maul's brother who had been enchanted by the night sister.
View Quote

The mural is a Guernica tribute.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:02:46 PM EDT
[#50]

The mural is a Guernica tribute.
View Quote
Aaaaah... got it.
Page / 84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top