Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 84
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Magazine arrived yesterday from brownells, appreciate it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 1:02:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stimpsonjcat:

Would you be interested in me coming out to help "re-light the fires" at some point?
View Quote
Hell Yes!!!

I'm still a few years out from sparking any fires, but when the time comes, I'll gladly accept any wisdom you have to offer.

I have a few interesting bits of knowledge, in other areas of interest, I can offer in return.

-PF
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 4:06:01 PM EDT
[#3]
GENERAL NOTE:

--I am amassing a few more voices to compel (read: shame) me into the last convulsion of
"writing" that will see quite literally the last...nine?  Paragraphs suitably arranged.  Just....FFFF me.

--highstepper we know that timing on the interwebz is nigh impossible.  Good call on barrel boring device.

--PFunnk "obscure book"--we are going to have to fix that.

--DesignatedM I could go on far to long about the thrill of these functional relics.  I will keep my plastic
fantastic but there is a profound urge to distill some combination of utility and history that could eventually
see me with a long-bow, an ax, and a sword.  Really.  The idea that for some time ongoing any American
can walk into a pawn shop or sporting goods store, spend 500.00, and walk out with two .44 caliber revolvers
and 200 plus rounds of cap/ball/powder blows my mind.  Short of "war" or organized assassins there is
pretty much no social encounter that could not be decisively managed with 11/12 shots of .44 ball at 1000 fps.
I have had a character in mind for many years that is so equipped.  I carried these two pistols at left in the
pic for three days in Utah/Colorado, under a huge stiff baggy kakhi shirt, no one was the wiser.  The left side
pistol (the brass framed Colt) carried cross-draw is snake tongue quick, the barrel(s) point with uncanny accuracy.  I fired over 100 rounds
in the Fishlake National Forest/Utah, knocking sizable chunks out of dead trees, not a single misfire.  The difficulty of cleaning
is massively over described--I don't wash/scrub/solvent anything, I just wipe all surfaces/bore/cylinders/arbor with Crisco
reload and store.  I shot one such pistol after storing loaded for over five years--it fired perfectly, the surfaces were slightly
"browned" but the pistol was dimensionally unchanged.  Just awesome.

--cpaspr--"behind the door in the spare bedroom"--I know exactly the feeling--when I was small enough to fit in suitcase
I remember distinctly a double barreled shotgun so situated in the home of extended family member--the first firearm
I ever saw and intrinsically fascinating--not stored with any particular purpose that I understood at the time--I found out
decades later that it was indeed loaded and defensive in nature.  It is now  with an extended family member, a pretty
decent 12 gauge with a carved ebony trigger guard, barrel marked "Krupp Steel"--made in Austria--purchased in the
40/s for a family member at Abercombie and Fitch in New York.  I have been told it is still entirely functional.
"Repeating firearms" etc., yep the big bowie/cleavers/etc. .re StimpsonJ knife were absolutely essential--melee weapons
for when a melee was not an abstraction but pretty much guaranteed.

--zoe17 good to see and just.......do I need to finish this FFFFing thing.  You had someone in mind for a copy and
they are probably in college now.

--Designated I think I have watched that/the Williamsburg gunsmith video...um....to many times. Insane.  Start off
with a pile of dirt and a plank and oh maybe two months later?  A freaking flintlock rifle.  Tripple tap--thank you.
Now I am famous!!!!

--Biere the brass framed colt Navy I paid reasonable market at 200.00 but the 1858 Navy in the holster, also
200.00 is the ramped front sight adjustable "Target" model--with the best trigger/lockup etc. of anything
I own--also stunningly polished/blued--a Navy Arms--probably 20/30 years old but never fired?  I think
these are normally 350.00 plus.  A true joy.  The brass-framed Navy will be "back-up"/whatever, not
very durable, but I own "more than a few" steel framed 1858/s and will shoot the hell out of them.

--Coontrapper you are crushing it.  Will be doing my version of the same, forever/rest of life, starting
around November.  And I have seen quite a few beaver dams and don't remember ever seeing sun dry
stone/rocks like that.  So cool.  And whatever/wherever you are/and carry, wondering if you are perfect
candidate for some retro-function .44 1858 revolver and a spare cylinder.

--StimpsonJ--relight the fires, so cool...and maybe get some WW1 era tractors running...bet there
is an old steam tractor somewherez...

--StimpsonJ--yes, this thread.

--DFarm--exactly.  Can't be good enough.  Maybe a Westley Richards .416 Rigby or Purdey double is "good enough"--
but I'll bet even the master smiths at Purdey dream about flaws, slipped chisels, contaminated bluing solutions...
and on and on....

--biere just add that magazine to the stack...

--Stimpson J, PFunkk has a whole library of his own cool stuff.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:03:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By DCBourone:

--Stimpson J, PFunkk has a whole library of his own cool stuff.
View Quote
Of course he does...only the very best of librarians would wait this long for a first release.  ;P

I mostly want to watch him make a point, an S-curve, and a twist.

If we have a day.

But maybe we will have longer.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 7:06:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Coontrapper] [#5]
Originally Posted By DCBourone:
--Coontrapper you are crushing it.  Will be doing my version of the same, forever/rest of life, starting
around November.  And I have seen quite a few beaver dams and don't remember ever seeing sun dry
stone/rocks like that.  So cool.  And whatever/wherever you are/and carry, wondering if you are perfect
candidate for some retro-function .44 1858 revolver and a spare cylinder.
View Quote
I could probably make use of one. I carry a .44 mag revolver in the woods and beaver swamps. She’s accounted for quite a few beaver.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 9:56:04 AM EDT
[#6]
That’s really cool and in remarkable condition. One of my forbears was a Captain in the Confederacy (and a chaplain). I have some neat family heirlooms, but no arms that old.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:48:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By PFunkk:
BFE Missouri.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mounger:

Those are amazing treasures!  The terrain looks similar to mine.  What part of the world is this place located?
BFE Missouri.
@PFunkk I'm in BFE Mid Mo on the East Central side.  If you need any anything farmstead related and in a similar locale?

This thread, and the original SAP Q Thread are my favorite on ArfCom and I check them daily for updates.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 6:41:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By JP_in_STL:

@PFunkk I'm in BFE Mid Mo on the East Central side.  If you need any anything farmstead related and in a similar locale?

This thread, and the original SAP Q Thread are my favorite on ArfCom and I check them daily for updates.
View Quote
Sent you an IM
Link Posted: 9/10/2019 8:16:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Weekly bump.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 11:43:45 PM EDT
[#10]
DCB:  Thanky!  Most kind.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 4:07:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Still here, sorry for the issues you had but know that you have a following here adn we are all waiting patiently and rooting for you since you Sir really do have a way with words.

I do not post here(lurker) but what i did say in my previous posts still stands. I have bought and read the Injured Reserves and stopped reading this literary mastery before the last few chapters.

And i must say i will wait as long as need be but rest assured as an avid reader I will be buying this book whenever is is published, sent by carrier pidgeon or shouted from the mountaintops.

Keep on keeping on
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 4:51:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Bump. DCB - are things looking up?
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 5:26:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Bump + 1 week and 1 day.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 6:47:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Coontrapper] [#14]
New Mexico is awesome

Attachment Attached File

I got to spend some time down south at a trapping class. I didn’t catch any coyotes, but I did pick up two badger.Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 7:51:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Must have just caught that Badger. Everything it can reach is not piled up in the middle.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 7:39:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Anyone have recent news from DC?
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 9:15:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Crickets.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 11:43:27 PM EDT
[#18]
I am more than late to the game; gobbled up the first bit - then found all the good parts were removed.
I understand why - so no fuss on my side - got money - will buy two

Fine, fine intro - style worked for me.

DC - sort of know some of that fun for lack of a civil word for it.  I to just lost both of my folks not that long ago

Things ya just knew were true ... just don't always look the same

Schofield revolver would be my first choice of fun, that or a  1851 navy revolver
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 4:57:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Coontrapper:
Anyone have recent news from DC?
View Quote
I've talked to him; he's alive and doing well.

I don't know of anything newsworthy.

-PF
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 8:46:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: greyguy] [#20]
Family issues suck, and can take a lot of time to work out.  Good luck DC...
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 10:03:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Middle of November bump to keep hope alive.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 12:42:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: greyguy] [#22]
Originally Posted By mnmiv:
Middle of November bump to keep hope alive.
View Quote
I heard a great quote once and can't remember who to attribute it to.

"There is always hope, there is just no chance..."

I will stubbornly hold on to my belief that the above doesn't apply here.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 5:51:20 PM EDT
[#23]
RIP Bump.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 9:08:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Bait:

Link Posted: 11/29/2019 5:34:15 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote
What, exactly, are we looking at?

It looks to be a fat, stubby, vibranium suppressor for use on a specific cannon of some sort.

-PF
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 10:46:26 PM EDT
[#26]

What, exactly, are we looking at?

It looks to be a fat, stubby, vibranium suppressor for use on a specific cannon of some sort.

-PF
View Quote
Yes.

Link Posted: 12/1/2019 1:32:35 AM EDT
[#27]
No tube?  That's cool.

What caliber?
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 11:32:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By DFARM:

What caliber?
View Quote
There is only one caliber.  Rule 308.

The can works great...hearing safe and no adverse effects on accuracy.

I learned so much on this build!  But back to knives again now that it is getting cold.
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 11:58:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DFARM] [#29]
That's awesome.

Is it going in an outer tube or just turning down the high spots and calling it good?

I've been in working on knives too.

These just got HT and one temper cycle done today. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 12:26:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stimpsonjcat] [#30]
It's over and done.

There is one little bit of artwork left to get painted on the can...book related.
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 12:49:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Not on a FAL, color me surprised.

Getting a silencer mount on my 16" FAL is on my short list of things to figure out.
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 1:06:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Not on a FAL, color me surprised.
View Quote
Until I get time to 'fix' the FAL gas system...this made my friends in the cab happy.
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 5:05:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Annual post. Still here.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 8:49:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Still here.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 9:12:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Former11BRAVO] [#35]
Me too!

I'd love some good news for Christmas!

ETA: I don't do metalwork, but the GF and I had a "painting night" at home recently, so I thought I'd share my masterpiece with you good people!

I want to make a real one to hang, but, in the meantime, here's my viking shield on 14X14" canvas:

Hope the link works. I just created an imgur account and this is my first attempt at linking an image.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 9:21:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Aye! Still here also.  Not planning on going anywhere DCB.  If you would like this ugly, smelly, hobo-looking horde off of your doorstep, give us the Book!  
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 11:34:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Still here, I got back home from Texas yesterday. Relocating down south for an otter trapping job in a month.
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 8:47:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Still hanging on as well.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 1:37:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By GreenGiant:
Aye! Still here also.  Not planning on going anywhere DCB.  If you would like this ugly, smelly, hobo-looking horde off of your doorstep, give us the Book!  
View Quote

Haha, perfect! My thoughts exactly...

Merry Christmas to all you Soldier's Son fans far and wide!  (and DCB too of course)
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 2:36:01 PM EDT
[#40]
And to you.

Merry Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 2:30:03 PM EDT
[#41]
After Light, Darkness | Michael O'Fallon
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 12:25:02 PM EDT
[#42]
I’m still here, checking in occasionally, always in vain. Publish the friggin’ book already! I’d buy for myself and others.

@DCBourone, I don’t know you and have never met you but your work is top-shelf and you need to get it in front of people. You’re only a couple years or so behind schedule, let’s do it!

The worst part about DCB’s throughput is if he ever publishes his first book it will be a decade or more until the second...
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 4:28:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Happy New Year!  DCB, I hope this trip around the Sun finds you well and eager (and Ready!) to publish this Great Tome.  Some of us hangers on are getting dusty and perhaps a bit mossy waiting for Things To Happen.  If the Good Lord is willing, this book will remain fiction and not Real Life / History (as far as it has stayed Fiction so far) this year, but I wouldn't bet on something "Sporty" not happening soonish.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 10:47:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By GreenGiant:
Happy New Year!  DCB, I hope this trip around the Sun finds you well and eager (and Ready!) to publish this Great Tome.  Some of us hangers on are getting dusty and perhaps a bit mossy waiting for Things To Happen.  If the Good Lord is willing, this book will remain fiction and not Real Life / History (as far as it has stayed Fiction so far) this year, but I wouldn't bet on something "Sporty" not happening soonish.
View Quote
I am anticipating events in VA will kick off an entirely different future... equally dystopian... one that I could easily imagine, producing a level of misery never seen in NA... the genie is out of the bottle and too many are "woke"... only a massive re-set can clear the table...    
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 6:55:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DFARM] [#45]
That's why the librarians do what they do.

Countries come and go but people, people don't change.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 7:30:14 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote
truth... part of me wants to go to chronicle the event because I believe this will be a historic event with wide ranging ramifications... part of me fears what may occur and what those ramifications might be... I fear that some those groups in attendance want to provoke violence to serve their own agenda/cloward-piven style...
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 7:45:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By heron163:

truth... part of me wants to go to chronicle the event because I believe this will be a historic event with wide ranging ramifications... part of me fears what may occur and what those ramifications might be... I fear that some those groups in attendance want to provoke violence to serve their own agenda/cloward-piven style...
View Quote
Honestly, it would only take an individual.

I feel like the state has backed people into a corner. Comply or be punished.

Sun Tzu even said not to put your enemies into a position with no escape.

I honestly believe that there's more than bun rights on the line in VA.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 9:02:13 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote
Painfully accurate.

I suggest looking up DC Bourone in the Kindle store...
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 9:18:35 PM EDT
[#49]

Painfully accurate.

I suggest looking up DC Bourone in the Kindle store...
View Quote
Ordered, Thanks
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 11:26:33 PM EDT
[#50]
--Holy FFFFFFFF....

Book is available for pre-order on the ffffing Big River.  That means Big River has
the file, cover, etc.

It seems to be "populating"/appearing on Kindle phone apps first.

I can't find it on Amz site/books/sci-fi yet, but the slow roll through
platforms is common/expected with Amz.

Pre-order means that it actually gets emailed/available/on your Kindle on --

JANUARY 17.

Reason for pre-order is some brave souls can actually go check/confirm
that this is not/has not been a collective hallucination.

And allows alterations to cover art/etc. in the interim.

I am very very grateful for everyone who has stuck around.

I will read up on comments and post again when a few more
people have confirmed that nobody is hallucinating.Attachment Attached File
Page / 84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top