Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 84
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 8:40:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stimpsonjcat:

Tools are replicable.  What has been made can be made again.

It's the thing we make that we are not supposed to make that marks us.

Oddly enough...this very evening...my birthday...on the ride home.

Daughter-"I find myself...helping them align themselves."
Me-"For a field hockey game?"
Daughter-"Yes, they don't notice that the team that fights each other always loses."

What does a leader look like?

I hope she never has to be a public leader.  
No productive member of our society should be forced to serve this duty.  No un-productive member should be allowed to.

My daughter, I am certain, looks at my tools as things I revere, and yet not as things the world reveres...though those lines, like railroad tracks into the distance merge.

Confusion.

You don't pound belief into the children...you show them the magic and let then decide.

Picture moving the most perfect billet you ever made into and out of the fire for 18 years and you will have the least understanding of what being a father is.

My daughter is both something I made, and something she is making with and without my advice.

It's like watching the sun rise...and being both annoyed by the aberration and stunned by the beauty of it.
View Quote
Well said.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 5:53:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By DesignatedMarksman:
Well said.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Tools are replicable.  What has been made can be made again.

It's the thing we make that we are not supposed to make that marks us.

Oddly enough...this very evening...my birthday...on the ride home.

Daughter-"I find myself...helping them align themselves."
Me-"For a field hockey game?"
Daughter-"Yes, they don't notice that the team that fights each other always loses."

What does a leader look like?

I hope she never has to be a public leader.  
No productive member of our society should be forced to serve this duty.  No un-productive member should be allowed to.

My daughter, I am certain, looks at my tools as things I revere, and yet not as things the world reveres...though those lines, like railroad tracks into the distance merge.

Confusion.

You don't pound belief into the children...you show them the magic and let then decide.

Picture moving the most perfect billet you ever made into and out of the fire for 18 years and you will have the least understanding of what being a father is.

My daughter is both something I made, and something she is making with and without my advice.

It's like watching the sun rise...and being both annoyed by the aberration and stunned by the beauty of it.
Well said.
Yes, very well said.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 9:38:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DCBourone] [#3]
Attachment Attached File

GENERAL NOTE: there will be a book--see note below.

GENERAL NOTE: Gehr and Sohne has submitted a knife design/blueprint--apparently--

--STJ--"looks at my tools as things I revere, and yet not as things the world reveres" and etc.--
I know some young people.  Their parents keep me on a short ideological leash.  Because
thinking = concerns = worry = anxiety = badness.  But the kids are wicked sharp--they
are finding me on their own.  STJ/s daughter in a kind of paradise now--buffered--
buffered enough and her future concerns will stay--concerns.

--Mounger--STJ has skilz.  Many.

--Designated/M--yep.

--PF--yep.

GENERAL NOTE:--while parsing the future (of publishing, and many other things, and Amzzzzn.)--

Gehr and Sohne Waffenfabrik and Design has submitted the GSWD Utility Knife blueprint to a very talented
prototype maker/stock removal bladesmith.  The blueprint may be seen above/obv.  In the future there will be two sources
of GSWD knives that I know of--me, and STJ, to the extent he has time.  Of course anyone can copy/modify
the blueprint--which is itself a modification (severe) of the Randall Mod/14 Attack, the Mod/14
CTD, the Mod. 16 Special Fighting knife, which are all modifications of various historical Sheffield
and Spanish bowies and poniards and daggers and seaxes and so on, add infinitum.  There are
a few embellishments/iconographies/trademarks/etc. not present on this blueprint, about same more later.

And...Yes, there will be a book.  In fact...THERE IS A BOOK.  Right now.  Publishing has NOTHING
TO DO with the existence of the book, at this point.  You don't want to know.  Enjoy the knife.
I intend to make/order....tens of thousands?  Yes.  Really.  Extremely pissed off that nobody is
already making this knife.  Randall used to get close--but no longer--
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 10:28:26 PM EDT
[#4]
View All Quotes
It's pretty.  

Originally Posted By DCBourone:Extremely pissed off that nobody is
already making this knife.  
I couldn't tell.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 10:54:14 PM EDT
[#5]
--STJ very pleased you approve.  Been sitting on this/sketching/wishing for...decades.
Mix of a bunch of things Randall never did/does not/will not/do in one knife/does not do anymore/
thicker stock/better meaning modern steel:heat treat:grind/tougher guard material/s: marine bronze
or soft/flexi/damascus or tool steel//old school "fat"/long handle/lotta lotta stuff.  
We will discuss ad nauseum.  Future mods: contoured /softer/guard, one finger groove/Brend style
grip, longer 5.75-6 inch grip for end hold/chopping, and a 9.2-.5 inch 1.62-7 at the belly "heavy"--
other stuff.  You will like the "arsenal marks"--I hope--if such a thing is possible.

Now I have to go to the FFFing gym.  FFFFF.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:40:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I LOL'd that the B dimension was secondary only to blade length in your mind.  We discussed this at pains.

Belly out a bit, becomes a hacker.
Belly in a bit, becomes a fighter.
Belly DOWN a bit becomes a...Bowie?...Ghurka?

Honestly I can already see my butchery of the design...mostly full tanging and adding a swell to cover the 2 and 3 finger-grooves.

It won't offend, folks will be able to see the lineage.

The power hammer was misbehaving tonight.  This will cost me time, but bring me knowledge.  I think it is female, and simply wants me to better understand it's more intricate workings.  Is disassembly/re-assembly akin to dancing?  Dancing seems to make females happy.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 2:14:24 AM EDT
[#7]
--yep belly gets all the love/stress/lotta digging/lotta sharpening/etc.

--belly out hacking no no no!!!!! --is a fine cutting/slicing instrument!!!!  Also more surface
area for shoveling/pushing/moving dirt/and tuna fish and sardines and mackerel in the big
Chinese/Korean/Filipino I can't read the glyphs cans!!!!  Hacking...hacking...shame on you STJ.

--belly in/dagger--yes--I think mostly in cinema.  Digging/prying/cutting oh yes--
knife fighting must must avoid--would be very interested to know as would we all
of anyone who has made regular use of a 'fighting knife' for fighting since the
antebellum South...and the Gehrs.  But all the neat little hide-away stickers.pokers
make sense.  Like old school lady/s hairpins.  So much ouchness.

--Belly Down--yes, interesting.  Somewhere out past 9 inches with a belly seems
like chopping geometry goes exponential.  Yes, big bowies.  Yes, kukri/s.
Cheap kukri with good geometry is hardwood chopping/pallet smashing/prying demon.
STJ/engineer must study this.  Make a report.  For us all.  Please.

--Full tanging--I hold you hostage--must discuss--at least....five hours.  Brend
style one finger groove/palm swell, certainly--STJ as custom Gehr maker many issues--
individualized handles/grips/lengths/materials.  But boundaries utility/performance!!!
At least....forty hours of discussions!!!
To start!!!!!  Survey the grounds!!!!!  Ponder the foundations!!!!  Ruminate!!!  Parameters
must be prestidigitated!!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 2:35:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By DCBourone:

Gehr and Sohne Waffenfabrik and Design has submitted the GSWD Utility Knife blueprint to a very talented
prototype maker/stock removal bladesmith.  The blueprint may be seen above/obv.  In the future there will be two sources
of GSWD knives that I know of--me, and STJ, to the extent he has time.  Of course anyone can copy/modify
the blueprint--which is itself a modification (severe) of the Randall Mod/14 Attack, the Mod/14
CTD, the Mod. 16 Special Fighting knife, which are all modifications of various historical Sheffield
and Spanish bowies and poniards and daggers and seaxes and so on, add infinitum.  There are
a few embellishments/iconographies/trademarks/etc. not present on this blueprint, about same more later.
View Quote
If I'm understanding this correctly I love this development.  I'll be waiting in the wings for more details...
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 6:24:15 PM EDT
[#9]
DCB ..l have you seen a Blackjack Model 7

Or a Model Model 14 Halo Attack

Link Posted: 3/12/2018 2:07:52 PM EDT
[#10]
--greyguy--that is a knife I wanted for self many many years ago--many drawings--
probably going back to...well, let's say more than three decades.--Original plan
(when I thought I would finish/publish this story in a year--two at the most--
just FFFFF--I was going to show knife first in hands/used by "The Orangutan"
in second book--posted over...five years ago, now?  Just the beginning of that
book somewhere here on forum----
Now story has been rewritten to put it on Pop Gehr/s desk along with
Billy/s father/s Pakistan sweat shop Tokarev.  Original plan (and still is)
just delayed by...um....years, is/was: 1.  Ebooks first 2. hard/paper books/
Amzznn/Createspace for people that like to read/hold paper books
3. "Artifact books" of leather/metal/silver--now have three promised--
one to Piddler--hope he/s still around somewhere--and two more to
other participants here--4. Then silver coins/medallions/Gehr coins--
context this book would re-stamp "Una Onza Troy de Plata" 33.625
bullion silver coins--see pic below--with some variation St. George
Dragon--see coin below--not as good/and different than "Greek helmet/nude"
Boehm St.
George Dragon sculpture Melbourne in book--5.  Then knives (that I fffing
want for myself) 6. Then Gehr modified other "artifacts/tools" (that I ffing want for
myself/to use for myself/already own myself, etc. )--and so on.

--Warhawk, had that knife for awhile, not anymore--a bunch of subtle "variations"
that stray from Randall 14/s, which themselves have some "issues"--example:
the BlackJack 14 has a "short" choil that "looks" like Randall/s, but is not long
enough for normal hands plus gloves--ride forward and glove will be cut.  A choil
should be long enough for gloves--or it is wasted cutting edge/space.Also the finger grooves are 1.  too deep and 2. too sharp at the tips.  Some other
stuff.  I will eventually write a/the guide for what the GSWD utility knife is/is not.
It will be....long.  Very long.  Have seen a few "user" Randall 14/s from long ago.
All the users modified/changed/ground/wrapped/bead-blasted the handles.  Mostly wrapped/thickened
and/or bead-blasted.The
original R/14 micarta handles are super slippery when 1. Wet/muddy/greasy 2. Your hands gloves/knife
are cold and dry.  Feels like glass  3. Most of the original handles are "too thin"/small.  A few are
not.  A bunch of other stuff.

GENERAL NOTE: there will be a book.  Then more.  There will be paper books/artifact books.
There will be knives.  The first prototype has been deposit paid for/steel delivered/micarta delivered
and should be here in a month...maybe two at the outside.  There will be coins.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 2:16:48 PM EDT
[#11]
--in the "better late than badly timed"...or..."better late than incompetently revealed for appropriate
effect"...?

When I originally presented STJ/s "King of Knives" luxury bone-handled people-delimbing-device, I was very proud
of setting up pics: worshipful dogitude, the "container" of chiseled wood, scale, etc.  But I
failed to integrate a key marker of "the history" of the knife--from whence, and why--
an evolution of more than what--180 years--in one family--from the dress bowie to
a field utility anonymous "sticker-slicer" used by Gehr affiliates in Europe, and on
a beach in Croatia.  The latter knife found within "Billy's men carried grimy Eurail passes
and multiple perfect passports, cheap kiosk Nokias with priceless chips,
/////carbon steel Sabatier butcher knives with blades filed to a five-inch wedge,
greased with lip balm and tucked into waxed cardboard sleeves...//////// from
"Injured Reserves"--there is a spoiler buried in here--but so what. (And it is
very odd to randomly search a phrase from something written many years ago...
and find functioning google links...weird weird weird...

--So then.  In the interest of historical accuracy, and validating STJ/s extremely
fine understanding of the history of an imaginary world, I present...

"The Imp of Knives"

In this case: the Sabatier filet knife...that STJ INCLUDED WITH THE KING OF KNIVES.

I have no doubt that a Gehr would have found something useful to do with it.

I would too, except that it belongs in whatever I can assemble someday of a museum display
for "original" Gehr artifacts.  So then:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 7:26:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I pictured the Sabatier  as much smaller.

That thing you have is a stabbing, puncturing vital organs, introducing enemies to their maker kind of thing.

One quick motion, not missing a step, and moving along like nothing happened.

The concept is badass.

And, I may have the grinding skills (almost none) necessary to actually make one of those.

Off to the garage...
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 8:54:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DFARM] [#13]
Originally Posted By PFunkk:
I pictured the Sabatier  as much smaller.

That thing you have is a stabbing, puncturing vital organs, introducing enemies to their maker kind of thing.

One quick motion, not missing a step, and moving along like nothing happened.

The concept is badass.

And, I may have the grinding skills (almost none) necessary to actually make one of those.

Off to the garage...
View Quote
I've stepped up the frequency of my thrift shop "expeditions", just to look for a decent brand of chef's knife to turn into something like that which has been discussed here.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 10:22:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Cause DC asked...
https://youtu.be/Oi0k0Chpg1o
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 7:55:40 AM EDT
[#15]

Cause DC asked...
https://youtu.be/Oi0k0Chpg1o
View Quote
That FAL is the cat's ass.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 11:01:58 AM EDT
[#16]
That FAL is the cat's ass.
View Quote

"It's my very favorite rifle."
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 3:06:11 PM EDT
[#17]

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/000/681/what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

"It's my very favorite rifle."
View Quote
Callahan Full Bore Auto Lock.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 9:01:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Callahan Full Bore Auto Lock.
View Quote
I have the CAD drawings for the Vera parts...and a Saiga12.  I just can't do it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 10:24:07 PM EDT
[#19]
--So then.  In the interest of historical accuracy, and validating STJ/s extremely
fine understanding of the history of an imaginary world, I present...
View Quote
Missed this.

That imaginary world is two knives closer to reality.

I don't know how to make a world...I'll settle for making the parts of it I can.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 7:45:18 AM EDT
[#20]

I have the CAD drawings for the Vera parts...and a Saiga12.  I just can't do it.
View Quote
DO IT!!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 8:48:28 PM EDT
[#21]
While not a filet knife, reminiscent of filet knife length and depth.  Not sure on thickness.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 1:35:45 PM EDT
[#22]
GENERAL NOTE: hope everyone is observing the newest/most recent kerfuffle .re Fuckyourfaceandmindbook
etc.--not news here--but extent of problem not possible to generally understand/study/avoid.  Related issues
very seriously affect many things, like timing.  Search phrases.  Publishing.  Exposure.  Of what, to whom,
and when.  I am variously confident to extremely confident, that those who remain here understand there will be a book ( in fact:
is a book ) and it will be published.  And then more.  And other associated artifacts.  Denk kyu.

--PF and all--SEARCH "sabatier carbon chef's knife vintage" and check out pics--9-12 inch blades
commonly go for 25-45 on ebbbay, and 15-30 Euros at a flea market, and can be ground to
the proper wedge/4-5 inches, like, on a sidewalk.  They are essentially/even exactly, in original
form, equivalents of the Argentinean gaucho sticker/slicer, and can be modified obv.--starting
with a 12 inch blade leaves you with a wide-bodied carbon "wedge" that is approx. .20 inches
plus thick at the tang/base--and so on.  Very fine tool.

--Dfarm--ebbbay has hundreds, U.S. flea markets--not so many, anymore.  I will spin one up
at some point, if STJ or PF or someone else doesn't do first.

--STJ/s 8mm FAL is the first of his video/s that I watched--absolutely stunning--and a very
very weird combo of engineering know-how and artful/intuitive/WTF "measuring/grinding/shaping"
--I have a few spare Steyr FAL bolts that make desk rotation--very odd/organic curves--same same
Garand/M14 receivers/interiors--cannot even imagine the jigs/experimentation/fiddling that went
into these archaic designs.  Max cool, STJ.

--Designated/M cat/s ass indeed and what a fine use for all that once upon a time Russian capture
8mm that flooded the market (briefly) a number of years ago.  Understand a well-known Knobbb Kreek
aficionado trapped over 3.5 milllion rds for his toys.  Envy.  Yes.  I have it.

--"my very favorite"--yes, understood.  Day-um.

--Designated--Callahan Full Bore--had to look it up.  Hysterical.  You guys ffing kill me with this stuff.
Guess I will have to settle for Garands.

--STJ--the CAD drawings.  You are shitting me.  No.  You are not.  FFFFing insane.

--STJ the imaginary world is as dense/complex/articulated as....this one.  In fact....it is, this one.
With some "fictional" mods, to enhance.  And distort.   Mostly: enhance.

--Do eeeet!!!!  Do eeeeet!!!  Actually....maybe later.  Knives, maybe many knives....are waiting
your touch STJ.

--biere, someone will fab up a Sabatier "wedge" pretty soon, I think.  Very very easy.  And probably
about as useful as any other utility tool--right up until the last few percentage points of utility/design/
materials/art--which is why a "great" knife costs ten/twenty times what a "decent" knife costs--Glock
knives are fantastic disposable cutters with a brilliant retention system--they just have all the charm
of a plastic spork.

Can't remember if I posted this--a variation I like:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 9:02:59 PM EDT
[#23]

--Designated/M cat/s ass indeed and what a fine use for all that once upon a time Russian capture
8mm that flooded the market (briefly) a number of years ago.
View Quote
I think DM was referring to my go-to FAL in the vid.  That is not the 8mm, as the only ammo I have for the 8 is steel core and matches universally hate that stuff.

My go-to FAL is a mutt.  It has been variously described as a battle field pick up, an abortion, and on more than one occasion as "that Gxx-Dxxx rifle".

I once listened to a 2 minute diatribe from a very cleanly dressed 3G shooter who noted I had lain said rifle down on the gravel in a stage about how I have no respect for my gear and so it will fail me.  When he finished I smiled and stepped on my rifle...crunch...into the gravel.  I think he had an embolism.

It's a tool, they are all tools.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 8:18:19 AM EDT
[#24]

I think DM was referring to my go-to FAL in the vid.  That is not the 8mm, as the only ammo I have for the 8 is steel core and matches universally hate that stuff.

My go-to FAL is a mutt.  It has been variously described as a battle field pick up, an abortion, and on more than one occasion as "that Gxx-Dxxx rifle".

I once listened to a 2 minute diatribe from a very cleanly dressed 3G shooter who noted I had lain said rifle down on the gravel in a stage about how I have no respect for my gear and so it will fail me.  When he finished I smiled and stepped on my rifle...crunch...into the gravel.  I think he had an embolism.

It's a tool, they are all tools.
View Quote
My 1911 isn't pretty.  I've been carrying it for a decade or so.  It's been in sand, saltwater, swamps, sweat and mud.  It still works.  I think I need to send the slide to Trijicon so they can replace the sight lamps, but I don't want to be without it for that long.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 10:42:49 PM EDT
[#25]
My 1911 isn't pretty.  I've been carrying it for a decade or so.  It's been in sand, saltwater, swamps, sweat and mud.  It still works.  I think I need to send the slide to Trijicon so they can replace the sight lamps, but I don't want to be without it for that long.
View Quote
So...I don't have a pistol I feel this way about...but I *do* have a rifle like that.

non sibi.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 10:32:09 PM EDT
[#26]
This thread is certainly meandering around, and keeps torturing me as I return for my punishment. Alas, no new progress.

On sentimental things: I carried a Glock 19 for several years. Finally bought a milled slide with RMR some years ago and promptly put the factory slide away with hardly a thought. Yet I spent hours looking in a parking lot and roadway for a ~$50 pocket knife I had carried for 3-4 years, a knife I intentionally bought as an appliance so I wouldn’t care if I had to ditch it or if it was lost/broken. I was unreasonably upset at losing the damn thing. People are weird, the next day I ordered another identical knife and hadn’t thought of it again until now.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:20:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Cpn_Ron:
This thread is certainly meandering around, and keeps torturing me as I return for my punishment. Alas, no new progress.

On sentimental things: I carried a Glock 19 for several years. Finally bought a milled slide with RMR some years ago and promptly put the factory slide away with hardly a thought. Yet I spent hours looking in a parking lot and roadway for a ~$50 pocket knife I had carried for 3-4 years, a knife I intentionally bought as an appliance so I wouldn’t care if I had to ditch it or if it was lost/broken. I was unreasonably upset at losing the damn thing. People are weird, the next day I ordered another identical knife and hadn’t thought of it again until now.
View Quote
I can appreciate this incident description.
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 3:56:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stimpsonjcat] [#28]
No idea what happened here...delorted.
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 8:45:32 PM EDT
[#29]

Can't remember if I posted this--a variation I like:
View Quote
I like that for cover art...
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 1:03:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Cpn_Ron:

View Quote
How much do you want for the old slide?
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 4:57:27 PM EDT
[#31]
DC, I think I speak for all when I say we're willing to wait, but tired of it. Could a short term solution to the long term problem be acceptable here? Would the book fit in one, or a couple of pdfs that you would email people after they paid you whatever you want for it via a go fund me, or even a patreon account? For patreon have the sign up fee be the cost of the book, and after people pay and receive it simply cancel the subscribtion so they won't continue to be charged.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 11:03:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DFARM] [#32]
Originally Posted By Coontrapper:
DC, I think I speak for all when I say we're willing to wait, but tired of it. Could a short term solution to the long term problem be acceptable here? Would the book fit in one, or a couple of pdfs that you would email people after they paid you whatever you want for it via a go fund me, or even a patreon account? For patreon have the sign up fee be the cost of the book, and after people pay and receive it simply cancel the subscribtion so they won't continue to be charged.
View Quote
Or just pay via PayPal, silver coins to a po box, or something of that nature.  I'm definitely willing to throw an Oz of silver in an envelope and send it away to read this story.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 1:35:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By texashark:

How much do you want for the old slide?
View Quote
Thought I had already responded to this, weird. Hadn’t thought about selling it and hardly know a good price. Take it to PM if you’re interested, make an offer?
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 6:31:51 PM EDT
[#34]
I am down for .pdf and sending out a Silver Eagle or cash.

We love your work D.C. but I might die of dysentery first.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 2:01:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Coontrapper:
View Quote
This.

Hurry the FFFF up!!

The river isn't going to go down or slow down.

We know you hate the river, so jump in or start printing.

I'll buy you the damn paper!! Make it happen.

(Coins jingle)

-PF
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 2:15:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PFunkk] [#36]
I got to meet up with DC and his tech-wizard woman a few times.

Here are my observations:

He's smart and fit. Surprisingly so. His level of experience is exceptional, and real-world. He's actually been there and done that. I've seen many fakes, he's not one of them.

She's beautiful, exceptionally humble, and wickedly smart.

The book is a small off-shoot of the big picture. The big picture is FFFFing awesome. He's designed a whole world and he's showing us a small side of it.

The woman really is that amazing. She does classy things so nonchalantly that you'd miss it were you not looking for it specifically.

DC treats her like royalty.

She's genuinely humble.

If anyone has questions, I'll tell you what I know. There's not much beyond what I've said.

I have experience in reading people; these are some of the most intriguing people I've met. Both are exceptionally smart, but in different ways. She's like a kind and humble computer and he's some type of wizard that profiles everything.

And to DC:

Hurry up!!!

PF
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 7:09:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 7:12:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By grywlf52:
View Quote
I have to pee.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 8:03:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By zoe17:
I have to pee.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zoe17:
Originally Posted By grywlf52:
I have to pee.
Me too. It feels like I've been riding for years...
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 3:37:21 PM EDT
[#40]
GENERAL NOTE: I check in when I can.  I could write a book about writing the book.  I could write a book
about Ammmzzn.  I could write a book about having absolute control of very narrow discrete domains/projects/tasks/
"thought experiments" and doing a good job.  I could write a book about stuff I have fucked up/totally suck at.  Writing/publishing/
managing time/WITH OTHER CONCERNS ONGOING is something I totally suck at.  Massive fail.  But the book...
yeah, I'm pretty good at that.  It fits the very narrow discrete domain/project/task as "a book"--not as a lifestyle.
I also understand the mind-blowing patience manifest here.  So accepting all blame for being a shitty "writer"
as a "businessman" I will also make a prediction.  There is a book.  It will be published.  Anyone who is still
here will read it.  And nobody will ever think about how long it took ever again.  Except me.

--STJ understood on go-to not 8mm FAL.  And yeah don't get me started on the user tools vs.
safe queens.  I had a once user tool that oh no turned out to be a freaking first 500 serial no.
Devine M1a.  Oops.  Safe queen now.  Oh, and the 1911 in the pic/cover--

--Designated/M the 1911 in the pic is one of my Norcs--the whitish bleach lines right to left are "there is
no more bluing here"--of course Norc "bluing" is not particularly robust--but yeah that is a general
utility tool.  Rounds out, very few.  Carried: lots.  I can't imagine worrying about how it looks.
GENERAL NOTE: carry dust/lint in all crevices/cocked and locked/hammer gap to sear etc.: use
a shop vac every now and then.  Block "openings" from large to small, start the suck at cocked
hammer.  Clean as a whistle.

--STJ I feel the same way about a Garand.  Or two.  And yes I understand it is the absolute limit
of functional antique but....Ok enough about that.

--CPn/Ron--there is a holy merit badge for patience.  There is also a book.  sentimental value:
I have a few t-shirts that are....twenty plus years old?  Nearly rags.  Still have them.  Hard goods
I live in a litter box of I can't admit I will never use it again tools.  Life.

--Mounger--fortunately the things I like/cannot throw away tend to be "small" and have some
intrinsic value ( less t-shirts ) or I might....possibly....be considered a "hoarder."  Ok.

--greyguy many variations that art--will have to choose one--damn.

--Coontrapper understood on waiting.  You have to trust that I have looked at many/maybe EVERY possibility
for distribution/etc.  There is only one that maximizes "get visible"--but there will be a blog.  Maybe a Patreon.
PF points out below that there is a "larger" world suggested/projected by this story--yes, true.  But none
of writing/typing/selling this overlaps/has anything to do with any LIFESTYLE I live/business etc.  Minor Note: there are specific
instructions in case I "die" to publish as is, distribute through alternate channels, etc.  Actual power of attorney type stuff.

--DFarm--nobody will have to do anything obscure.  It will be 1. "Free" to prime members on The Ammzn Bitccchhh.
and 2.  4.99 to non-prime members.  Yes I have juggled every possible permutation of pricing/splitting/ad nauseum.
I'm done thinking about it.  So.  Free.  And 4.99.  Done.

--zoe17 no dysentery please and I have long memory for things that on my time line seem like yesterday and
you/others have specific need for a hard/artifact/paper copy and that will absolutely be addressed short of "death."

--PF kill me dude you have some additional insight here.  What do I come home to?  Pure upside?  Some
interference?  Aside from any other issues yeah maybe some pretty severe distraction?

--PFunkk is not me, I am not PFunkk, yes I appreciate having an advocate.  Stepping lightly: this our world
is a very very very strange place.  I do not see the strangeness/depth/width/scale of strangeness in much fiction
or anywhere really.  Yes I was in a position to observe closely.  Yes my SO is kind of staggering and I am...adjusting.
Always.  I very much appreciate "intriguing" and it would also be very common and reasonable to state "un-involved"
or distant or...obscure.  Profiling is a tangent/sub-category of "pattern recognition" and this book is a consequence
of this/these/those habits.  Thank you PF and see you soon.

--grywlf52--thank you--and an aside--the ONLY reason I have now to actually publish at all as in "sooner" is...
you guys.  That is it.  Otherwise I would just fume and stew and...wait.  More.  Lots more.  Start working
specifically on something else, and there are many/infinite something else/s.

--zoe17/PFunkk I have to pee...yeah me too.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 5:12:49 PM EDT
[#41]

GENERAL NOTE: I check in when I can.  I could write a book about writing the book.  I could write a book
about Ammmzzn.  I could write a book about having absolute control of very narrow discrete domains/projects/tasks/
"thought experiments" and doing a good job.  I could write a book about stuff I have fucked up/totally suck at.  Writing/publishing/
managing time/WITH OTHER CONCERNS ONGOING is something I totally suck at.  Massive fail.  But the book...
yeah, I'm pretty good at that.  It fits the very narrow discrete domain/project/task as "a book"--not as a lifestyle.
I also understand the mind-blowing patience manifest here.  So accepting all blame for being a shitty "writer"
as a "businessman" I will also make a prediction.  There is a book.  It will be published.  Anyone who is still
here will read it.  And nobody will ever think about how long it took ever again.  Except me.

DCB, Though you could write a book about all these things.  Please don't.  While they would likely be the best books about these subjects, it would detract from Your Purpose.  Your Purpose here is to enlighten / untangle things for us that may not be as "connected" as you.  Carry On, we will wait with (fish) baited breath!

-- SNIP, SNIP, SNIP--

--zoe17/PFunkk I have to pee...yeah me too.
Y'all didn't notice the relief tubes installed in each seat of this long train?
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 8:46:41 PM EDT
[#42]
--GreenGiant--no worries any other non-related "books" any time soon.  Clearly bit off massively
more than I can chew ( efficiently ) with this one.  Recall that this is my first "book"--it is, learned
a lot, obv.  Minor delicately hidden note: recently I find myself appreciating the letter "q"--I see
a style/method there.  Not a thread shift.  There are other places for that.  But the alphabet is
so interesting.  Some great combinations and "cues" in there.  Cue.  There we go.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 12:23:11 PM EDT
[#43]

--GreenGiant--no worries any other non-related "books" any time soon.  Clearly bit off massively
more than I can chew ( efficiently ) with this one.  Recall that this is my first "book"--it is, learned
a lot, obv.  Minor delicately hidden note: recently I find myself appreciating the letter "q"--I see
a style/method there.  Not a thread shift.  There are other places for that.  But the alphabet is
so interesting.  Some great combinations and "cues" in there.  Cue.  There we go.
View Quote
I've been mostly a lurker here from the beginning.  DCB it will get done when its ready to be done.  I have a LONG LONG list of ongoing projects (nothing of your scale) and while I am an efficient multi-tascker, there comes a time when there are just to many tasks.  I'm there most of the time.  However, LATELY, the task of keeping up with "Q" has risen BIGLY in priority  :-)

I'm a Prime member, so as stated a freebie, it would be great if there was another way to throw you some bones?  - JP
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 2:50:44 AM EDT
[#44]
--JP much much thanks and yes there are many interfering "pre-occupations"/distractions/agendas/and in my
case an extremely dislocating addition to the lifestyle--very carefully avoided for....many years.  Oops.  Also
exogenous event/issues that do not belong on this forum that I might "blog" about someday.  On the letter
"Q"--um....an embedded .mil .tech .intel hyper-power with a deep history agenda assists in "severely adjusting"
a number of temporal relationships...starting over--five years?--ago?  Yes.  I like that.  History does not repeat,
it rhymes. So can "fiction."
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 4:14:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DCBourone] [#45]
GENERAL NOTE: alive and well, distracted, busy, etc.

GENERAL NOTE: general vibe--anyone still here is here for the duration.

GENERAL NOTE: this forum/thread is now largely/somewhat self-sustaining. That was an explicit goal. Before I posted a word on this or any other forum. Make sense? Explicit? In other words: not an accident. More later, over the years.

GENERAL NOTE: deeply appreciate patience, but see above "general vibe"--addenda: I am not and never was "a writer"--I have intermittently been "able to write" for chunks of time while I attend to/monitor/get extremely ****ed off about other things.

GENERAL NOTE: important: because I cannot manage/predict "time"--I will just say: THERE WILL BE NO WARNING/LEAD UP TO PUBLICATION. IT WILL JUST "APPEAR"--imagine now if I blew an actual launch date--no, won't even take chance/try. THE BOOK WILL JUST APPEAR, PUBLISHED, AVAILABLE AT YOUR LOCAL E-BOOK MONOPOLISTIC WORLD KILLING THUGOCRACY RETAILER.
Ooops. Did I say that? Could be in weeks...months...decades...but probably on the shorter end of this prediction.

GENERAL NOTE: I have "very strong feelings" for everyone here. (Wipes tear...) This has been a long haul. And the long haul is just getting started. And will last the rest of your lives. And through A.I., nanobots, hyper realistic mechanical personal assistants, bio=plagues, and at least one or two minor nuclear exchanges.

More soon.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 4:36:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stimpsonjcat] [#46]
deleted
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 8:26:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Fuck yes mate, fuck yes!

For the essential man. That he should be remembered.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 4:31:35 AM EDT
[#48]
I won't speculate as to who is having the conversation.

Nevertheless, the conversation is...

Thought provoking.

So you write fiction, do you?
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 7:50:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 8:29:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By PFunkk:
I won't speculate as to who is having the conversation.

Nevertheless, the conversation is...

Thought provoking.

So you write fiction, do you?
View Quote
Is truth not often stranger than fiction?  I would actually be surprised if some variant of this conversation has NOT already occurred, maybe many times, in many places!
Page / 84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top