Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 84
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 11:00:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I wish I could tell you the best pricing option, but I’m no expert there. I do consume copious amounts of reading so I can tell you what I HATE. Like quit spending money on that author, period.

1. Serial releases of novelettes, with $1.99 or $2.99 prices, that end up being 10-12 books. Several of them in the “survival/collapse” market. Did I mention I hate them? Nothing like paying $1.99 for 150ish pages of filler. Just write full novels that stand on their own, and write many of them so I can read them all!

2. Nothing else, really. I get really irritated when the Kindle book costs more than the hardback book, but that seems common now.

I can tell you that I’ll buy the Kindle+the hard copy of your book, and STRONGLY push it on others. Even if the editing is iffy like every other book-from-forum writing I’ve read. And yes, I paid for every one of them in hard copy. Bought multiple copies of Lights Out to give away, for instance, and I had had the PDF version for a long time(years? I forget) before it was published. Met the author David on a backpacking trip, great guy btw. Hard to believe that was 6 or 7 years ago! He was a trailblazer of sorts for many new authors; wish he had continued to improve his stories and write more.

I mentioned early on that bad editing ruins many books for me and other readers I know. “I have a super special editor, no worries” the authors say. Then there are spelling and grammar errors, with possibilities of safeties on Glocks, or a skilled skipper turning his boat left to starboard, etc. *sigh*

I read too fast though, someone’s work of years turns into maybe several hours of obsession anyway. I don’t get to read as much as I’d like any more either.
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 3:15:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Cpn_Ron:
I wish I could tell you the best pricing option, but I’m no expert there. I do consume copious amounts of reading so I can tell you what I HATE. Like quit spending money on that author, period.

1. Serial releases of novelettes, with $1.99 or $2.99 prices, that end up being 10-12 books. Several of them in the “survival/collapse” market. Did I mention I hate them? Nothing like paying $1.99 for 150ish pages of filler. Just write full novels that stand on their own, and write many of them so I can read them all!

2. Nothing else, really. I get really irritated when the Kindle book costs more than the hardback book, but that seems common now.

I can tell you that I’ll buy the Kindle+the hard copy of your book, and STRONGLY push it on others. Even if the editing is iffy like every other book-from-forum writing I’ve read. And yes, I paid for every one of them in hard copy. Bought multiple copies of Lights Out to give away, for instance, and I had had the PDF version for a long time(years? I forget) before it was published. Met the author David on a backpacking trip, great guy btw. Hard to believe that was 6 or 7 years ago! He was a trailblazer of sorts for many new authors; wish he had continued to improve his stories and write more.

I mentioned early on that bad editing ruins many books for me and other readers I know. “I have a super special editor, no worries” the authors say. Then there are spelling and grammar errors, with possibilities of safeties on Glocks, or a skilled skipper turning his boat left to starboard, etc. *sigh*

I read too fast though, someone’s work of years turns into maybe several hours of obsession anyway. I don’t get to read as much as I’d like any more either.
View Quote
I agree with #1 completely.

As for the spelling and grammar errors, based on what we've seen here I'm not worried about it.  Same with the technical details.
Link Posted: 12/17/2017 2:26:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By DFARM:

I agree with #1 completely.

As for the spelling and grammar errors, based on what we've seen here I'm not worried about it.  Same with the technical details.
View Quote
Quite true. I may have been piling on a bit.
Link Posted: 12/17/2017 7:29:07 PM EDT
[#4]
N.C. Reed is an author from another site that writes doomer stuff.  He has continued his writing and one I am thinking of is up to 3 books and they do build on each other but I felt each one was a decent length.  I mention the name because even with some stuff being free on the net or pieces as being written on the net, I have bought all he puts out and amazon lets me know when a new one comes out.  Not sure if he has any stuff on this site, I am bad about not checking these sections much.  This whole thing got written while I did not check for however long.  Anyway, N. C. Reed on amazon and he goes by a different name on websites.  You can look at the prices and "parno" is the main name in the series of 3 I am thinking of so you can check page count and see if I am getting really short books or not.

I grew up reading.  I love to read.  I like sites like arfcom and what not because they are reading based.  I have a kindle and the kindle program on my computer as well, and now that I again have a smart phone, it will get kindle shortly.

I am still figuring out my smarter than me phone and want to clear some junk off it if possible and set it up for how I want it the first go round.

Anyway, I could see this being broken into 2 books or the teaser book perhaps.  I agree the cantina scene will cause some folks to realize how much effort you put into descriptions and that this is not the normal push the guy over the edge and he gets a gun and goes for revenge stuff.

I honestly have no clue how to best do it, I support folks I like.  I have the early lights out stuff when it was on the puter and then I bought a copy when he got the book printed.  Will do the same here.  I have read other stuff half fast has done as well and I never did see where the movie got itself to, I think something was put out but it was not what was expected.  I think I have a copy around here somewhere.

I have amazon prime and one thing they do on a lot of my orders is offer me $1 digital currency if I pick slow shipping.  I pick a lot of slow shipping and use it for the kindle stuff a lot.  I do not know if that affects anything for the end user, never gave any thought to if amazon tries to strongarm that.

I have a few hundred free kindle books, used to always search free book links each day.  Working through those and some are just sad junk I delete quickly.

I have bought maybe a few dozen kindle books, but most anything was either really cheap or I am supporting someone and I admit they were not priced real high either.

As the free ones run out, I got tired of sorting out the junk, I may finally buy the kindle unlimited.  I have avoided it thus far.  For me and how much I read the unlimited would be a good deal I guess.

I agree on skipping anything I notice is really short, unless by an author I like.  I guess repeat short stuff would turn me off.  And at the same time I understand not all books will take me as long to read as the unabridged version of king's The Stand.  IT also took a little bit to read.

I don't know if any of the above helps but as I tried to shorten this up I decided you may as well see the thinking on some of this.

Hope you figure something out with amazon and their rules and it works out for you.  The more I hear authors complain about this and that the more I wonder about kindle unlimited and at the same time I know there would still be books I would buy anyway.  But the complaints are one reason I have not freed up the budget money for it.  I got stuff to read for a while so not in a hurry on messing with it I guess.
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 12:19:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DCBourone] [#5]
--CPn/Ron I think your response might be excellent collective Arfcom perspective.  I have
equivalent dismay .re 'serials'/cliffhangers/short'n'fast, and etc.

--DFarm, exactly and etc.

--biere will check out N.C.Reed, and your overview is consistent with my own and I suspect
many others here.  The Ammzn ecosphere is immense and constantly evolving.  KU is a short
term win for many authors, and long-term a disaster/monopolistic/sabotage of future pricing
power and many other things.  I will come up with a solution shortly.

GENERAL NOTE: an extremely unusual PACKAGE has arrived today.  Causing considerable consternation.
A 1911 has been placed on this package, to establish scale. Everyone, and we mean everyone....is fascinated!
What could it be?  Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 12:31:39 AM EDT
[#6]
GENERAL NOTE: a lot of pressure here.  To open this package IMMEDIATELY.
What on earth could it be?????  Astoundingly durable packaging.  Remarkable
hardly describes it.  Two 2/6 planks, tightly screwed together.  Presumably
one plank is hollowed out...to contain something...extremely valuable?Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 12:42:33 AM EDT
[#7]
--Astounding!!!!!!!  We have accessorized with commonly available objects to establish
scale--a 1911, a Glock field knife, a woman's foot:
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 12:44:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DCBourone] [#8]
--hmmmmmm....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 12:55:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stimpsonjcat] [#9]

...forgive me, DC, but this IS arfcom...
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 1:40:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By stimpsonjcat:
https://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/its-tape-katana-meme.jpg

...forgive me, DC, but this IS arfcom...
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 5:44:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Merry Christmas D.C. and the D.C. fans as well.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:22:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By DCBourone:
--hmmmmmm....

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/345159/stjblade3-396636.JPG
View Quote
Well, its blue so it must be a training knife and not at all sharp or dangerous!

Merry Christmas to All, and to All a Good Night / Afternoon!
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 10:22:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: greyguy] [#13]
Originally Posted By zoe17:
Merry Christmas D.C. and the D.C. fans as well.
View Quote

Merry Christmas all...
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 11:35:02 AM EDT
[#14]
--STJ/DFarm/Zoe17/GreenG/Greyguy/et al. Merry Christmas!!!!!Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 8:58:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DesignatedMarksman] [#15]
Our fourth Christmas together!
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 7:17:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Excellent work and display. A belated Merry Christmas to all the librarians present.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 8:45:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Been awhile since I stopped by here. It seems there's always one or two new names when I do. My canine trapline has been really slow. Much more so than I was hoping/anticipating. So far I've only managed to come up with 10 foxes and 4 coyotes. I've also picked up a couple skunks and coons to help pay for gas. I set up on a big beaver colony yesterday, and will pull my canine line this weekend and knock out another 4 or 5 colony of beavers for a week or so. Coons should start rutting and traveling heavy when I go back to the foxes and wolfies so I hope I can start stacking them up pretty heavy as well.  I got a couple of pictures I'll try to get up.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 8:47:53 PM EDT
[#18]

--STJ/DFarm/Zoe17/GreenG/Greyguy/et al. Merry Christmas!!!!!https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/345159/stjblade4-400894.JPG
View Quote
Late Merry Christmas y'all.

That's a badass knife!!!
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 8:53:03 PM EDT
[#19]

--STJ/DFarm/Zoe17/GreenG/Greyguy/et al. Merry Christmas!!!!!https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/345159/stjblade4-400894.JPG
View Quote
That is gorgeous.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 10:37:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Coontrapper:
Been awhile since I stopped by here. It seems there's always one or two new names when I do. My canine trapline has been really slow. Much more so than I was hoping/anticipating. So far I've only managed to come up with 10 foxes and 4 coyotes. I've also picked up a couple skunks and coons to help pay for gas. I set up on a big beaver colony yesterday, and will pull my canine line this weekend and knock out another 4 or 5 colony of beavers for a week or so. Coons should start rutting and traveling heavy when I go back to the foxes and wolfies so I hope I can start stacking them up pretty heavy as well.  I got a couple of pictures I'll try to get up.
View Quote
I called in 12 Coyotes yesterday in three sets.

10 on the first set only shot 2. I ended the day with four.

I have shot 21 since Oct.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 10:43:46 PM EDT
[#21]
A summary video for the knife.

Final details video of the Musso Bowie rasp knife project
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 2:01:21 AM EDT
[#22]
--Comments on comments as following--but first, of course:

THE KNIFE.

I pick it up. I put it down.  I pick it up again.  Turn it this way.  That way.  Light it this way,
that way, the other way.  I just watched STJ/s video.  Very hard to see how so much free hand
estimating, filing, hammering, sanding...made such symmetry.  The hammer/rasp/forge marks
are organic, but the 'lines' are...flawless?  Freaky.  And freaky whisper creepy sharp.  Just amazing,
STJ.  Just so so tempting to...cut something.  Anything.  But this knife also presents an odd kind
of problem: I have a few fine things that finally became collector's items by default, but not original
intention.  Like many here I buy the best I can afford, but with the assumption that it will be used,
worn, and finally, someday, even damaged, broken, or lost.  But not this knife.  It really does belong
under glass.  And it is....big.  Blade alone is twelve inches.  I don't have anywhere I can 'leave it out.'
Can you leave a one foot straight razor just lying around....?  ah...no. What a marvelous puzzle to solve.  A sheath,
someday.  I will improve my picture skills.  Expect random pictures of this knife to embellish various
posts for a very long time.  Expect variations of this knife to find their way into Gehr iconography/use
in the future.  Another kind of coin, then.

--Designated, our fourth Christmas, I need to write faster, oh, what a new idea!  Good to see you DM.

--mnmiv and good to see you too and now New Years on the way/more holiday etc./everybody drink
and drive safe.

--Coontrapper been following your posts/pics amazing to see a kind of time warp traditional occupation
continued today.  I like fur.  Coyotes and rodents attract no particular affection here.  More fur please.

--PF good to see you and yes that is one bad ass sticker slicer of a blade.  I'm very fond of the engraving, too.

--CTrapper, gorgeous indeed.

--T12, 21 since Oct. that is good work.

--STJ....floored.  I guess I might pick it up again....right about now.

GENERAL NOTE: I have a date in mind.  Don't press me...
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 2:38:17 AM EDT
[#23]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXl5j5XLs-w
View Quote
Thanks for the video!  It's always interesting to watch others work, and I appreciate it when someone takes the extra time to film what they're doing.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 6:37:35 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote
Sounds very interesting.  I do hope you share some pics!
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 6:52:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Thanks for the video!  It's always interesting to watch others work, and I appreciate it when someone takes the extra time to film what they're doing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Your post of that video and my watching it so early this morning:  You already made my day.  The rest of today’s good fortune are a bonus.  Awesome craftsmanship and thanks for posting!
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 9:46:14 AM EDT
[#26]
DC, you need a great pic of the knife for your avatar...
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 12:09:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Can you leave a one foot straight razor just lying around....?  ah...no.
View Quote
I told you...it's malevolent.

I only tested it on leather, as I feel that is a better test than paper and such, it's plenty sharp.

As for lines, well...there's an old machinist saying "It's easy, you just remove all the stuff that isn't supposed to be there."
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 11:10:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

A couple that I was able to get uploaded. I have really slow internet so it's a pain to try and upload more than a couple pictures at at time. Today I had two more reds in snares. First time I've caught something in a snare.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 11:15:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Trapshooter12:

View All Quotes

That kind of population just blows my mind. Coyotes aren't to well established in the counties I'm trapping in. Cross the river into the next county and you start seeing a lot more. I'm glad I at least have foxes to be catching.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 9:09:45 PM EDT
[#30]
DC, you still haven't commented on the Sabatier.

Don't rob me of my fun!
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 1:02:23 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote
STJ, question:

What's the purpose of the small hole near the base on the cutting side of the blade? It's obviously intentional; I can't figure out its purpose.

The knife is truly impressive. The Dragon scale looking file finish next to the honed mirrored steel, is beautiful. It's rough, but refined. The lines are smooth, and dangerous. Then there's the handle. That thing is a masterpiece.

I just can't figure out the hole.

Thanks,

PF
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 4:32:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stimpsonjcat] [#32]
Originally Posted By PFunkk:

STJ, question:

What's the purpose of the small hole near the base on the cutting side of the blade? It's obviously intentional; I can't figure out its purpose.

The knife is truly impressive. The Dragon scale looking file finish next to the honed mirrored steel, is beautiful. It's rough, but refined. The lines are smooth, and dangerous. Then there's the handle. That thing is a masterpiece.

I just can't figure out the hole.

Thanks,

PF
View Quote
It's called a "Spanish Notch" and while opinions vary, it appears to have originally intended to catch blades, much like the blade catch on the spine.

This is a feature that was present on several of the time-period blades DC sent me links to somewhere in this thread when we were discussing the design.  I asked and he said "Sure!" so I added it.

And thanks, I am quite pleased with how it came out.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 5:26:17 PM EDT
[#33]
That kind of population just blows my mind. Coyotes aren't to well established in the counties I'm trapping in. Cross the river into the next county and you start seeing a lot more. I'm glad I at least have foxes to be catching.
View All Quotes

I don't want this to derail anything but, @Coontrapper, where in VA are you running?  Trapping has always fascinated me.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 6:55:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By LT_Beaker:
I don't want this to derail anything but, @Coontrapper, where in VA are you running?  Trapping has always fascinated me.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LT_Beaker:

I'm in central Virginia. Running mostly Buckingham and Fluvanna. Probably a few stops in Albemarle on my next line I lay out, and on and towards the end of season I might pick up a few properties in Goochland. If your close and wanna tag along one day I'd be happy to have you, shoot me a pm. Unfortunately my school break is nearing the end so I'm gonna have to cut back quite a bit and won't be going as hard.
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 8:39:44 AM EDT
[#35]
DC, I sent an IM.

You were 2 weeks out a year ago.

Publish the damn book.

Get started on the next installment.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Happy New Year

-PF
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 9:41:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By PFunkk:
DC, I sent an IM.

You were 2 weeks out a year ago.

Publish the damn book.

Get started on the next installment.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Happy New Year

-PF
View Quote
The Minions(TM) are gathering!  Publish soon or be pelted with bananas and Minion Farts!

{Sorry for the goofiness, but I just watched one of the Despicable Me movies with my son and am in a silly mood.}
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 12:16:08 AM EDT
[#37]
GENERAL NOTE: posting modified cover shortly.  PFunkk I hear you loud and clear.

GENERAL NOTE: comments on comments in NEXT POST....

GENERAL NOTE: but first....the knife.  STJ/s marvelous...frontier southwestern Spanish Musso gentleman's
killing tool dress bowie.  I don't know how to photograph it.  It is huge, but snapping flicking 'light.'  I don't have
a surface or surroundings or the proper atmosphere to do it justice....a work in progress, then.  So, just the tip,
( I have no idea how STJ, none, zero, how ST ground/polished/everything the tip...it is a fucking razor sharp needle...)
layered above some utilitarian working tools and an unused working tool and a "knife like object":Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 12:54:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Worst part of that blade.

The hammer marks.

Still, the way the file pattern 'gilled' under the hammer was pretty.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 12:55:17 AM EDT
[#39]
COMMENTS ON COMMENTS: and--

GENERAL NOTE: I hear the voices here very very loud.  I would like to explain....many things....but.  That.  Would.
Be.  Difficult.  I very very much appreciate the patience shown here, and in ways that would be difficult to explain
at this time.  I can only say now, as a general reminder: that: I am not.  A writer.  Let alone a professional full time
writer.  Stepping lightly: imagine that this story comes from a very 'unfamiliar' cognitive space/process/life.  It might.

--STJ a brief highlight before more below--STJ sent a ground down SABATIER knife along with the bowie--I have
not forgotten, STJ,--I am just too distracted by the gentleman's bowie--I pick it up...I put it down...I pick it up...
So then: the STJ knife story IS NOT FINISHED HERE!!!!

And going back to 12/28/17 and DFarm:

--DFarm and yes hoping for as many relevant art forms as possible here--STJ/s knife/plus video is our benchmark.

--Mounger yes exactly and I see the pic below thank you Coontrapper--

--Mounger the STJ/bowie video is a kind of enchantment/spell--reminds me of the Holland/Holland and other fine
gun-making/watch-making videos.

--gungyr--agreed on pic/avatar--gotta gotta fix many things here--BUT THE KNIFE is freaking....huge.  I really don't
know how to photograph it--um...duh....I think STJ already took the best pics....ok, on the task sheet/encyclopedia.

--STJ, the knife really is....creepy.  In a good way.  It....drifts...through paper.  Almost soundless.  I will admit: I poked
a cardboard box.  It felt like pressing a finger tip on a balloon...and in for an inch.  It is almost certainly 'shaving sharp'--
I don't think I am going to try.  It is extremely 'flicky/light' for the length.  I once owned a few very nice katana/s ( mentioned here,
I think ) and aside from the value I could not/felt extremely uncomfortable leaving them out on display/visible/available.  This
feels the same way.  Just too hideously sharp/effective/dangerous at room distances.

--Coontrapper that is one beautiful fox/fur/tail.  Unblemished.  About as fine as I've ever seen.  More pics please!!!

--Coontrapper--coyotes are overpopulating vermin that make nice hats.  And ruffs.  Foxes are freaking gorgeous.

--STJ, the Sabatier--I know, I know, totally uncool, but THE BOWIE!!!!!  I will get to it, I promise.  And wicked wicked
funny/appropriate, STJ--but you know/knew that of course.  Freaking brilliant.

--PFunkk--rough/refined/smooth/masterpiece yes all of the above.  And....just I'm going to de-limb you.  Right now.  But...
stylishly.

--STJ--"how it came out"--I hope so, dude.  And you set a mind-blowing benchmark.

--Lt/Beaker yes where is Coontrapper pinching those foxes????

--Coontrapper, very fond of the idea of fox trapping amidst the soccer moms.  And lobbyist hobby farms.  More, please.

--PFunkk--yes indeed!!!!!  But....reasons?

--GreenGiant, understood on Minions and Minion farts.  I am....let us say....not always 'present'?  In the mind.  But
this will be done.  And more.

Ok, modified cover up shortly, and back to work.

DCB
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 1:01:36 AM EDT
[#40]
--I love the hammer marks.  They tell me how/who/when it was made.  And that it
was a rasp, remade to a vastly finer thing.  Stop being such a...perfectionist.  I would never
do that.  Stop imagining flaws that only exist in spectra that only you see.  I would never
do that.  Stop imagining corrections to existing works that could never possibly ever matter
to anybody in the entire universe....except you.  I would never do that.  No.  Never.  Uh-uh.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 8:51:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Worst part of that blade.

The hammer marks.

Still, the way the file pattern 'gilled' under the hammer was pretty.
View Quote
To me it is the most beautiful part of the blade.  It tells “the story” of the blade.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 10:24:19 AM EDT
[#42]

--I love the hammer marks.  They tell me how/who/when it was made.  And that it
was a rasp, remade to a vastly finer thing.  Stop being such a...perfectionist.  I would never
do that.  Stop imagining flaws that only exist in spectra that only you see.  I would never
do that.  Stop imagining corrections to existing works that could never possibly ever matter
to anybody in the entire universe....except you.  I would never do that.  No.  Never.  Uh-uh.
View Quote
Pot...kettle...black.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 1:26:20 PM EDT
[#43]

Pot...kettle...black.
View Quote
Truth...
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 8:56:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stimpsonjcat] [#44]

It really is hard to get any detail in the 250x125 restriction.

Link Posted: 1/10/2018 9:00:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By LT_Beaker: In any case, you have created a something wonderful.
View Quote
I don't know if you did that on purpose, but that language is perfect.

"...a something wonderful."

I am stealing that.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 10:27:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Might be done now...

Link Posted: 1/11/2018 4:39:06 AM EDT
[#47]
--STJ so FFFFING cool...( also Sabatier, not forgotten, hold on )

--Mounger, "story of the blade" exactly.

--Pot/kettle--this kettle has the reflectivity of a black hole...

--greyguy/truth--a black hole INSIDE a black hole....

--STJ--avatars--I need/will find a way to incorporate the knife: PROBLEM:  I cannot
be seen to be implying that I MADE THE KNIFE.  Tricky.  A natural conclusion from
the casual viewer.  Tangent: the PLAN, before a word appeared here, or anywhere,
was to resurrect/engage/show/and eventually market a world of "my favorite things"/tools
/coins/guns/knives/SYMBOLS--I will never be a gun manufacturer.  But the books were
a first goal ( long time coming....ahhh...)  Then the coins/library cards/challenge coins-/-tokens.
Knives/other objects I could DESIGN, someday.  I think like everyone here I have a universe
of tools used/broken/discarded where I always wondered: why isn't it designed "like this????"
In another life, I made/cut/modified/stitched lots of useful things, because nothing was commercially
available.  I own two sailor's awls, and etc.  (( Example: who needs a knife accessible to both hands, in the
dark, wet, gloom, with gloves on, Right The Fuck Now/maybe a near panic/because THEY ARE BEING
DRAGGED TO DEATH...RIGHT???....RIGHT????--oh right...duh....divers.  And I can buy a 60
dollar diver's knife with a sheath/retention/access that blows the fucking doors off of ANY "COMBAT
KNIFE" no matter the cost?????--WTF??????? ))  Knife is a system: sheath/access/security IS JUST AS
IMPORTANT AS THE FUCKING KNIFE.  Ok....a pet peeve...rant over....
--and:context book/story/world: Then, what I will say in a minor chord: symbols/images in other forms.
In the case of the knife, THIS KNIFE, and possibly someday other knives, the book/story/world
is a CONTEXT--but the knife maker is YOU.  We have discussed these issues elsewhere.
A solution will be found, in time.

--a something wonderful--oh yes--but I find it quite specific--a frontier southern gentleman/s
oh so graceful killing tool.  His gladius.

--STJ--we will discuss.  Identity of knife maker must be referenced.  Identity of world
of knife must be referenced, for other purposes.  There will be many choices options here.
IF I CAN JUST PUBLISH THIS FREAKING THING.  To the point:

GENERAL NOTE: stuff that interferes, aside from the fact that "I am not a writer"--Last two days:
the 'other thread'/forum WAS SOLD>WITH NO WARNING/REFERENCE. To an international
conglomerate.  THE TOS/copyright was COMPLETELY VIOLATED/CHANGED/very fffing bad.
Implications are huge/negative/must be handled.  Net net: do not be surprised if many new
and compatible readers appear in next few weeks/months/forever.  Gigantic horrible time sink,
in the meanwhile.  Just FFFFFFF.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 12:58:04 PM EDT
[#48]
--STJ--avatars--I need/will find a way to incorporate the knife: PROBLEM:  I cannot
be seen to be implying that I MADE THE KNIFE.  Tricky.  A natural conclusion from
the casual viewer.
View Quote
I am such an innocent, these things never occur to me.  Or maybe I am too much a son of Aule.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 2:04:24 PM EDT
[#49]

I am such an innocent, these things never occur to me.  Or maybe I am too much a son of Aule.
View Quote
Well referenced.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:28:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By DesignatedMarksman:
Well referenced.
View Quote
I've connected these dots many times before, I am fair certain you are the first to grok it.  I am a big fan of deep references, you find the best fans that way.

Here ya go DC...does this solve your problem?

Page / 84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top