Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 9:13:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Page Ownage.

Just watched it with the wife. We liked it. It was not an A-list movie, but it got the point across. I would recommend the purchase and viewing of the movie.

Most people have spent more money on stuff that did not have any lessons to be learned.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 5:41:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Page Ownage.

Just watched it with the wife. We liked it. It was not an A-list movie, but it got the point across. I would recommend the purchase and viewing of the movie.

Most people have spent more money on stuff that did not have any lessons to be learned.
View Quote

Wow - thank you!  I really appreciate the good feedback.  The whole goal of this project (for me) was to make people think about being more prepared, and lessons about things not to do.  It's nice to hear that message may have gotten through.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 1:25:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Wow - thank you!  I really appreciate the good feedback.  The whole goal of this project (for me) was to make people think about being more prepared, and lessons about things not to do.  It's nice to hear that message may have gotten through.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Page Ownage.

It really is a good movie with a realistic point of view (as realistic as EMP can get.)  I have been showing a few other friends the trailer and they are all asking to borrow my kick starter DVD  
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 12:23:23 AM EDT
[#4]
any chance this will be streaming on Netflix?
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 8:14:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Our DVD distributors will hold on to all rights until literally ZERO DVD sales are happening.  That's the only place we see any significant return, so that will be milked like a 15 year old cow .  From there, it will go to PPV/VoD providers such as Comcast.  Again, that media will be live until the end providers pull us from their listings.  Then and only then will the final play be made to move to Netflix streaming.  Our total return on that will be four figures, which is a drop in the bucket.  I have no idea when that will happen, but for selfish reasons - I hope it takes a few years!

Just to be clear - Remnants and Lights Out were never profit plays for me, so don't think I'm looking at yachts or anything like that.  I merely hope to recover the bulk of the money invested (I doubt Remnants will break even).  That's all.  The market is very tough, so we have to be very crafty to get a return at all.  Every dime recovered from Remnants is going straight to Lights Out, which is why there's such a focus on returns from Remnants.  The first time I'll potentially see a check and get an eye on sales figures will be December 2014, by the way....
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 3:49:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Our DVD distributors will hold on to all rights until literally ZERO DVD sales are happening.  That's the only place we see any significant return, so that will be milked like a 15 year old cow .  From there, it will go to PPV/VoD providers such as Comcast.  Again, that media will be live until the end providers pull us from their listings.  Then and only then will the final play be made to move to Netflix streaming.  Our total return on that will be four figures, which is a drop in the bucket.  I have no idea when that will happen, but for selfish reasons - I hope it takes a few years!

Just to be clear - Remnants and Lights Out were never profit plays for me, so don't think I'm looking at yachts or anything like that.  I merely hope to recover the bulk of the money invested (I doubt Remnants will break even).  That's all.  The market is very tough, so we have to be very crafty to get a return at all.  Every dime recovered from Remnants is going straight to Lights Out, which is why there's such a focus on returns from Remnants.  The first time I'll potentially see a check and get an eye on sales figures will be December 2014, by the way....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So that's how it works...

Welp, now I'm going to have to buy it I guess
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 8:27:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Check out the cover art for the DVD release in Japan!  Remnants will be retitled "Crisis Day" for the Japanese market.  Several other markets (including European nations, China and others) will be releasing soon.  I'll post the cover art as I get it.  

Link Posted: 5/29/2014 10:34:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Check out the cover art for the DVD release in Japan!  Remnants will be retitled "Crisis Day" for the Japanese market.  Several other markets (including European nations, China and others) will be releasing soon.  I'll post the cover art as I get it.  

View Quote

Wow, NYC goes bat-shit crazy when the lights go out eh? Is it weird that the cover doesn't really tie in to the movie in a direct way?

Congrats on the international release!

Link Posted: 5/29/2014 11:44:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks good
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 9:00:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Wow, NYC goes bat-shit crazy when the lights go out eh? Is it weird that the cover doesn't really tie in to the movie in a direct way?

Congrats on the international release!

View Quote

Yeah- it is interesting to see how the movie is rebranded for different markets.  We have no control or input.  It just happens.  Personally, I think this cover is a little deceptive, but it's not my rodeo.  One thing that's interesting is that Americans really rely on ratings to choose movies to purchase.  Our sales on Amazon slipped as our ratings fell, for example.  Overseas there's a lot less social media and ratings, so the cover art is key to sales.  

I'm actually wondering how Remnants will do in Japan.  Apparently they're really interested in movies where 'civilians' have firearms and use them.  Notice they put a rifle next to Sizemore's head and picked a shot of Pralgo holding a shotgun.  Hopefully the story has a good impact on people overseas.....
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 12:47:53 PM EDT
[#11]
This matches my experience with folks from the far East, Travis.

The are very interested in, not just the firearms, though they are fascinated by them, but also in the nuances of ownership and laws and such.

They tend to ask very interesting questions when you get the opportunity to talk to them regarding firearms for an extended period of time.  It isn't something that comes up quickly, there is definitely a trust/familiarity level that must be overcome before they will ask you anything other than the boringly technical stuff.  You must be a SME, you must be accessible, and the relationship must at least appear to be among equals.

For me it always seemed in the end that they were wondering what the advantages were to large-scale civilian ownership weighed against it's possible negatives.  Most, interestingly, felt that having the option to do something at the individual level was better then not having that option.  But again, this thought seems to be very suppressed.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:03:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Little bump for another big announcement
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 7:01:48 AM EDT
[#13]
If it's on Xfinity I sure as hell can't find it.  I searched all over on on demand and can't find it. Where is it hiding?
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 9:18:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If it's on Xfinity I sure as hell can't find it.  I searched all over on on demand and can't find it. Where is it hiding?
View Quote

I don't know!  I actually don't have TV service, and was relying on the picture from one of the producers
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 4:32:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Okay finally had to rent the movie off of Amazon. I am a big fan of the book but the movie was really hard to get thru. If you did not read the book you would never of figured this one out. There were just tiny bits and pieces of the book put together to attempt to make a movie. In other words the movie sucked. Badly. Sorry, but that's my opinion. I just hope Lights Out is better.  I can recommend to read the books but the movie is terrible.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 5:46:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Okay finally had to rent the movie off of Amazon. I am a big fan of the book but the movie was really hard to get thru. If you did not read the book you would never of figured this one out. There were just tiny bits and pieces of the book put together to attempt to make a movie. In other words the movie sucked. Badly. Sorry, but that's my opinion. I just hope Lights Out is better.  I can recommend to read the books but the movie is terrible.
View Quote

Remnants wasn't based on a book!!  I'm not disputing your opinion about the movie, but the book part was funny
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 10:14:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Remnants wasn't based on a book!!  I'm not disputing your opinion about the movie, but the book part was funny
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My bad on the book part. In all seriousness the parts about the neighborhood was to close to one of the internet books on here. The government part deffinately was not in a book here. That part was what really made this movie extremely hard to watch and you couldn't wait for the movie to be over. Deffinately not and A movie and still not even a B movie. Is there such a thing as an F movie. .

I really hope when Lights Out is done it stays close to the book and not laughable like Remnants. I had 3 of my Buddies over to watch it and 2 of them left about midway thru. Not trying to be a jerk about the movie just my take on how bad it was.

Good luck on Lights Out. Do it justice and make it a good movie. The book was fantastic.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 11:27:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

My bad on the book part. In all seriousness the parts about the neighborhood was to close to one of the internet books on here. The government part deffinately was not in a book here. That part was what really made this movie extremely hard to watch and you couldn't wait for the movie to be over. Deffinately not and A movie and still not even a B movie. Is there such a thing as an F movie. .

I really hope when Lights Out is done it stays close to the book and not laughable like Remnants. I had 3 of my Buddies over to watch it and 2 of them left about midway thru. Not trying to be a jerk about the movie just my take on how bad it was.

Good luck on Lights Out. Do it justice and make it a good movie. The book was fantastic.
View Quote

It's all good, and honestly doesn't bother me.  First, no entertainment product is going to make everyone happy, and we all have different expectations.  With that said, Remnants was a VERY low budget movie with some serious challenges.  I didn't control it until it had run in to the ground, and didn't have a lot of cash to 'fix' it.

As far as Lights Out, please understand it's a VERY different animal.  It has 40x the budget of Remnants.  I control it, I am the primary investor, and I am a businessman (not an artsy fartsy type who thinks we're all there to have fun).  Quality is our #1 pursuit.  I've spent 1 year (as of this week) and almost the entire budget of Remnants just getting the scripts right for Lights Out.  People told me 9 months ago they were good enough to run with (and they were winning first place at every festival we submitted to).  We kept working anyway.  I hear what you're saying, and agree - the Lights Out Saga deserves a completely different level of effort and professionalism than that invested in Remnants.  Believe me - I couldn't agree more.  In fact, I'm risking my life to see that happens....
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 1:56:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Just watched it last night on Xbox.  From my post last night:  

Watched it tonight on Xbox Live. Oddly enough, the Bing homepage image today is that of solar flares erupting on the sun. What a "coincidence" - the first time I see it up on Xbox, is the same day Bing shows solar flares. What do they know that we don't? I'm gettin' out the tinfoil...

Thought it was pretty good...I wanted it to keep on going, and have a more conclusive ending.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_75/1637169_The_Remnants_movie.html

Link Posted: 6/29/2014 10:39:12 PM EDT
[#20]
I watched it tonight on itunes.  I thought it was fantastic!  Really enjoyed it.  Thanks for doing this movie!  I think that you did an unbelievable job for a low budget movie.  I loved the ending and I loved Sizemore's role.  Great job and keep up the great work.  Looking forward to Lights out.  Again, great job!!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 8:35:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Thanks guys!!  I really appreciate the kind words.  Really.  

The ending was definitely 'rushed,' and that was probably the biggest thing I would change if given the chance.  I really struggled with it.  We had to cut a LOT of content from the original movie in that area, which is why it's a little awkward.  The challenge, of course, was simply bad planning and execution from the beginning.  You'll see what a project looks like when it's done right soon
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 7:46:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Watched it the other day, not bad.  I have high hope for Lights Out
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 12:17:04 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Thanks guys!!  I really appreciate the kind words.  Really.  

The ending was definitely 'rushed,' and that was probably the biggest thing I would change if given the chance.  I really struggled with it.  We had to cut a LOT of content from the original movie in that area, which is why it's a little awkward.  The challenge, of course, was simply bad planning and execution from the beginning.  You'll see what a project looks like when it's done right soon
View Quote

Can't wait. Remnants was good for what it was...

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:39:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Travis, I finally watched it on Amazon the other night.  During the last year+ I have watched the various threads on the making of Remnants, watchedthe original trailers, and eagerly awaited the finished product.

I remember 'reading between the lines' as your role in the making of Remnants expanded and the new Bunker plotline was introduced.  It's obvious this movie changed a lot during production and it was a constantly evolving 'learning experience' for everyone involved.

I know a lot of the original story got cut.  Wondering where all the firearms came from, at first there was Merle, a pistol and some hunting guns, then at the climax there's AR's EVERYWHERE--on both sides.

Abrupt as it was, I liked the ending, it went against every 'rule' of modern 'make the audience happy'-style storytelling.  Just wish it could have been more detailed and played out.

In any case, great freshman effort and can't wait for Lights Out.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 6:35:52 PM EDT
[#25]
So I guess this other movie Lights Out will not happen?
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 12:44:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

No - still moving forward, but a bit more out of my control.  Funding for a project that big really grows beyond what the rest of the team and I can personally provide.  We're cautiously looking for investors while minimizing expenses until everything lines up.  Casting, scripts, budgets, locations and everything else is in place.  Now we just need some financial partners!  Admittedly, I'm also taking some time off this summer.  Greetings from Staniel Cay Bahamas
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 2:17:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No - still moving forward, but a bit more out of my control.  Funding for a project that big really grows beyond what the rest of the team and I can personally provide.  We're cautiously looking for investors while minimizing expenses until everything lines up.  Casting, scripts, budgets, locations and everything else is in place.  Now we just need some financial partners!  Admittedly, I'm also taking some time off this summer.  Greetings from Staniel Cay Bahamas
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does David still get a say, or is it more of an honorary advisor role?
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 2:41:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh no - David is absolutely 100% a partner on the effort!  His role won't ever be minimized in any way.  He not only put up with me on the road last year - he was actively involved in the scriptwriting process.  His voice on the project will remain a constant.....
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 5:27:24 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Oh no - David is absolutely 100% a partner on the effort!  His role won't ever be minimized in any way.  He not only put up with me on the road last year - he was actively involved in the scriptwriting process.  His voice on the project will remain a constant.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Keep us in the loop here as things develop. I am looking forward to seeing this one quite a bit...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top