Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 11:01:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Yay! Drama! Girl fight coming? I think Joe will nip the Danny thing in the bud. It will make hime realize how strong he feels about Asha, but the Kid will look up to Joe. I predicts a fight over firearms is coming.

ETA: page three!
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:53:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 6:47:59 PM EDT
[#3]
The Colony

They drove for about 45 minutes with Dani at the wheel. Joe wanted to be ready for another ambush so he rode “shotgun” in the passenger side.  Asha rode in back seat Bobby. He looked to be about 10 years old but Dani couldn’t have been older than 25 or 26.  She must have had him really young Asha thought.. Finally they pulled onto a winding dirt road and after a mile or two pulled up to a gate.  On one side the gate was a pile of sand bags and a .30 caliber belt fed machine gun. On the other side, the drivers side was a pair of sentries decked out in body armor fatigues and assault rifles. Two men manned the machine gun nest.

“GET OUT OF THE CAR SLOWLY WITH YOUR HANDS UP!!” one of the sentries ordered “DO IT OR YOU GET SHOT!”

The 4 haggard travellers slowly exited the car with their hands up, one of the sentries exclaimed, “Holy Cow its Joe! Joe Miller! We thought you were dead!”
“We damn near were a few times along the including a few hours ago when my van got shot to shit and I rescued these two” gesturing to Dani and Bobby.
“Then there was this one a couple of days back” gesturing at Asha.
“Its been a rough two days where is Gus I need to talk to him?” Joe asked.
“I’ll get him down here pronto” the sentry replied while keyed up his radio and called for Gus.

A few minutes later they heard a roar coming from the road in front of them around the bend a compact tank appeared traveling at a high rate of speed probably 50 or 55 mph. The tank skidded to a halt in front of the gate. A white haired burley man with a marine corps tattoo on his right arm popped up from the tanks open top turret.
“Joe you son of bitch! I thought you were dead! We expected you weeks ago! Figured you caught the cold and was dead or got shot by the army. Where is your van? Who are these two fine ladies and the little boy here?”

“it’s a long story Gus my van is shot to hell about 30 miles back that way (pointing down the road) and these people have been through a hell of an ordeal the last few days. I’d like to get my place let these two (gesturing to Dani and Bobby) get cleaned up, get my truck and go back and get my stuff.”

“Ok I’ll give you an hour and come by with a Sec team and we’ll do a retrieval of your gear. Hey kid you wanna ride in the tank?”

Bobby looked up at Gus mouth open.

“Well do you kid?”

Bobby looked at his Mom “Can I Mom?”

Dani looked at Joe nervously.

“Its ok I’ve known Gus for years its safe.”

“ok but be careful!” Dani replied to Bobby.

“its ok young lady we’ll be right behind you.”

Bobby scrambled up the front of the little fast tank and climbed into the turret.

“Ok kid you’re about to go for a ride in the fastest tank ever. This is a Buick built M18 HellCat tank destroyer. It can hit 60 miles and hour and its 76 mm cannon and take out a Tiger tank!”

The boys face beamed “Awesome I played World of Tanks on the computer this one is just like the Hellcat in the game!”

The sentries opened the gate and let Joe and the girls through in Dani’s car.

Part II

Sixty percent of the Rolling Hills subdivision was dead. Some of the bodies had been picked up by the Army to be buried but the Army hadn’t been through the area in weeks and this forced the remaining residents to bury the rest by hand. There were no elderly left and many of the children had passed also. The super flu or “The Bug” as everyone called it had killed most of them. The adults were left with grief and struggles.

“Shit what are we down to for food and potable water?” Dale said looking at Jim.

“We have about another 5 days worth provided we don’t find more” Jim replied.

“Fuck is that ALL? What about the supplies we got when we cleaned out those section 8ers the other day?”

“That raid netted almost zilch. They were already out of everything. All we did was eliminate our local competition.  We literally got nothing. The guns they had they almost no ammo for, that’s why they were such a push over. We didn’t take any causalities because we were so much better equipped they just didn’t have anything to fight with.”

“We have to do something Jim. What do you think we should do?”

“We need to packup and get out of town. We need to go to where the food is. Look I found something interesting when we went through the Johnson’s stuff. It looks like the Johnsons were part of some sort of  “prepper community” and had stored food and supplies at this community. The Community is 2 states away and about 600 miles.”

Dale thought about it for moment. Prepper community? WTF was that? The Johnsons had been odd balls in the community who had kept to themselves. The Johnson’s kids had come home from school with The Bug and June had died a few days after the kids. Randy had objected to the raid on the section 8ers. He had been a vocal loose cannon of the group. Well till he had “killed” himself anyway…

“Six hundred miles is a long way through pissed off rednecks, the Army, and who knows what else? Besides what are we going to do for fuel?”

“It’s a long way but I’ve run the math. If we drain every single gas tank from the cars at the section 8 apartment complex I think we can get 50-100 gallons from what’s left there. I figure 40 gallons of gas per large SUV is what were going to need. Its not going be 600s miles. It will be more because we are going to need to be sneaky and take back roads and such. Figure another 200 miles. That’s enough gas for 2-3 of the SUVs.”

“Ok so lets say we make it there? Then what do we do?”

“We persuade them to let us in.” Jim replied “By any means necessary”
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 12:42:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the story.  I prefer a blank line between people who are speaking.  Much easier to read otherwise its back to the wall of text..
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 4:35:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like the story.  I prefer a blank line between people who are speaking.  Much easier to read otherwise its back to the wall of text..
View Quote

I'll double space in the next installment.
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 10:58:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Looking forward to reading the next chapter
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 12:29:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looking forward to reading the next chapter
View Quote

x2
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 1:16:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I just found this story and really enjoy it.

Looking forward to the next chapter!
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 1:46:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Please keep this story up!  I am waiting for the next installment.

Please notice I did say "Please"!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top