Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 11/25/2013 5:55:10 PM EDT
[#1]

I have a day off tomorrow. If I don't end up sleeping for 14 staight hours like last week, I plan on hitting a chapter or two. No promises though. I think at this point I could sleep for a full day, literally.
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 8:43:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome story and great writing!  Looking forward to more when you get time.
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 10:19:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 11/28/2013 6:27:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have a day off tomorrow. If I don't end up sleeping for 14 staight hours like last week, I plan on hitting a chapter or two. No promises though. I think at this point I could sleep for a full day, literally.
View Quote

This story just gets better and better.... I agree with the poster on the last page thou, maybe a govt side update?
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 2:59:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Any more to post?
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 7:18:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Any more to post?
View Quote

Not yet. Finally had a day off where I wasn't dead tired but it was a late Thanksgiving.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 8:15:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Not yet. Finally had a day off where I wasn't dead tired but it was a late Thanksgiving.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any more to post?

Damn!  I saw your name as last posting in this thread, and got all excited for another chapter!

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:48:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I read all of this yesterday and today.  I'm HOOKED AND I NEED A FIX! lol

In all reality, thank you for taking your time to post this here.  Don't put writing for us in front of spending time with the family, but I'm holding my breath until you post another chapter. (Not really. Lol)
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 7:16:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Any chance of another chapter? I just reread it again..
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 7:15:47 PM EDT
[#10]
What's going on with the story? Any updates. It's been quiet a while
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 7:12:39 AM EDT
[#11]
I had the chapter done but it just didn't feel right. Been busy at work and haven't had much chance to get back into a groove lately.
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 9:49:43 AM EDT
[#12]
I was so excited when I saw you had posted. Oh well, at least you are still alive. Maybe we will get the next chapter soon?
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 9:57:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I had the chapter done but it just didn't feel right. Been busy at work and haven't had much chance to get back into a groove lately.
View Quote

Well get back into the groove dammit!    many of us are anxiously awaiting!

Link Posted: 1/6/2014 9:54:04 AM EDT
[#14]
<-------- Looking forward to the next chapter!
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 8:24:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
<-------- Looking forward to the next chapter!
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 1:05:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Is the story dead ? I sure hope not
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 6:06:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, it's just in a rage virus coma.

No time lately to write unfortunately.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whew I'm just glad it's not over it really is a awesome book
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 2:36:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Just a tag because we miss your writing! Please don't forget about this story!
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 2:57:59 PM EDT
[#20]
OST
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 6:55:24 PM EDT
[#21]

TriumphRider

Link Posted: 3/14/2014 9:45:42 PM EDT
[#22]

sadly what I'm thinking my friend
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 8:01:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Not dead. Truth be told, I've written myself into a hole. I have two chapters written and one started, but I just don't like any of them. I'm frustrated to say the least.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 12:39:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Not dead. Truth be told, I've written myself into a hole. I have two chapters written and one started, but I just don't like any of them. I'm frustrated to say the least.
View Quote

So are we!

Now do something crazy to get past that damn writers block!

Link Posted: 3/21/2014 12:35:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Simple, post them up and let us make some critiques to it. might help you get out of the hole.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 7:03:02 PM EDT
[#26]
This is a good story, different slant on zombie type pandemic. If you are stuck, post what you have, I am sure someone will be happy to help you out. Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#27]
I actually worked on it last night. I canned the other chapters in favor of something to evolve the storyline and character development a bit faster. So far it has the feel I'm looking for where as the other chapters seemed more like filler.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 4:04:38 PM EDT
[#28]
sweet don't let it die
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 1:00:20 PM EDT
[#29]
KEEP IT ALIVE!!!!!  I dont want to rage!!!
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 4:18:11 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm trying. When I first started I could honestly knock out a full chapter in about 20 minutes. Now I get frustrated and it can take days to actually get the words out the way I want them. I have a lot more respect for the guys who finished their stories, because it does get harder.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 10:00:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Alright guys, here it is. You'll see why I had a hard time with this chapter. I'm not really good at writing that kind of material and usually don't like it, but it was inevitable. If you think it's a terrible chapter, don't give up faith as some major shit is on the horizon.

# Chapter 47 - Too Late to Turn Back.

Gizmo: "Don't freak out on us man. It's fine now. The virus just...."

Me: "So that's why you had me tied down?"

Gizmo: "Uh..... Yeah."

Me: "Will it happen again?"

Gizmo: "We don't know. I'd say hopefully not. I've heard you were in pretty bad shape and I bet that had a big part to play in it."

I was trying to play it cool. I felt like I was going to be sick and cry at the same time. Knowing I had no control over myself scared the shit out of me. Fuck, could I have eaten people just like the other infected. Could I have killed some poor woman's child just like what happened to Tiff. Fuck, I could have killed her and never known any different.....

Me: "I just don't want to end up hurting anyone."

Reagan: "Doug, you already have a reputation as being, well, our last hope."

Me: "That's a crock of shit. No offense."

Marcus: "Bro, you don't even get how important this shit is do you? The infection, the SRA, and those crazy motherfuckers you know that are pulling the strings. Shit."

Me: "I'll try to cure those people, but what else are you expecting of me?"

Gizmo: "It's worse than you know. Most cities are gone. Nuked. Over ran with infected. And the worst ones are being ran by the SRA."

Marcus: "They making people slaves man. Torturing, killing, stealing, recruting. Shit's bad man. We're nice and safe here, but you go a little bit west and it's some crazy folk running around."

Gizmo: "Now you know why I've been sketchy about where we're headed. I know you said you wanted to head south, but I need..... No, WE need to go back to Omaha. The SRA hasn't given up their interests there."

Me: "Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I just want to get away from this shit."

Gizmo: "It'll catch up to us no matter where we go. The reason they want us gone so bad is that we can stop it. That's the only explanation."

Marcus: "It's only a matter of time before it all catches up to us. It don't matter where we go neither. KC is gone because of us, and possibly you too."

Gizmo looked at Marcus angrily and lowered his head before responding in a much less enthusiastic tone.

Gizmo: "There are research teams that stayed in Omaha. People who can help stop this. People the SRA want dead. We have to try Doug."

I looked over at Tiff who looked surprisingly determined. She shook her head as to say "yes".

Me: "I guess the island has voted. Fuck man. We're going to need big time guns and ammo. Do we have any kind of plan?"

Gizmo: "The research team was being moved to a university research lab right in the center of town. Our last intel transmission said the SRA was trying to get in but the number of infected was so high they were having trouble pushing through. The city had been bombed by the military before, and I imagine the SRA has done a number too."

Me: "Sounds like a death trap."

Marcus: "I hate Nebraska. All corn and zombies."

Me: "Heh, Omaha has over a million people in a 50 mile radius. I hope we see more corn than infected, but this isn't going to be easy."

Gizmo: "So we do the science experiment tomorrow morning, then head out tomorrow night. Sound like a plan?"

Me: "Count me in I guess. There's just one catch. Quit keeping secrets from me."

Gizmo: "You have my word."

After a couple more minutes of detailed planning, Gizmo, Marcus, and Reagan headed to the ambulance. I sat and smoked cigarettes nervously while Tiff sat and stared at me.

Me: "I don't want to go back there. It's too dangerous, and there's too many things I'm tied into..... What I mean to say is I have a really bad feeling about this."

Tiff: "Remember what I said about not giving up? If you told Gizmo and Marcus to jump off a building, they'd do it just because you asked. I'd do it too, if you jumped with me. I know that as long as I'm with you, I'm safe and doing the right thing. You have to know that too though. They're right and deep down I think you know that."

Me: "I know what we have to do, I just don't like it."

I got up and headed for the Tahoe. I folded down the back seat and started setting up a make shift bed in the back. Tiff went to the passenger side and started folding down the seat. I grabbed her arm and pulled her towards me.

Me: "Out of all the fear, the anger, and the sadness, right now there's nothing I want more than to kiss you. But I know it has to wait until we find out more about the infection. Tonight, I want you stay with me though. It's going to take everything I have not to do what I want to do, but I want you to know there's no one in this world more important to me than you, and I'll always be by your side."

She didn't say a word. She just stood up on her tip toes and pulled my head down and kissed me on the forehead, then hugged me with a smile. She turned back to the open passenger door and I felt like an idiot, but then I realized she was just grabbing her pillow.

We made our way back and proceeded to spoon. I thought something might be wrong as she sat up for a minute, but my stomach dropped as she proceeded to strip down to her underwear. I didn't want to be that guy, so I stripped down to my boxers. She butted up against me and even though I thought of everything disgusting that I could, I couldn't help but make an awkward gulp as mini me rose to attention. She pushed back against me harder and rolled her head over to look at me. I ran my hand across her cheek and looked her in the eye.

Me: "Fuck everyone else. All I care about is you."

I leaned in and pressed my face to her sweet tasting lips. She rolled her body towards me and we continued swapping saliva. I ran my hand up and down her smooth legs before moving towards the insides of her thighs. She spread her legs slightly and I went for the gold. I slipped my hand down the front of her underwear and she instantly bucked in the air as I gently ran my fingers over her already wet lips. I throbbed as she grabbed hold of me and there was no stopping myself now. Before I could think about the consequences, we had stripped eachother's clothing and were having passionate sex. For the first time in my life, I don't think I ever broke eye contact the whole time. Even when we switched from me on top to her riding me, I did everything I could to never stop looking into her eyes. Even with the red, it was almost hypnotic to stare into them and I thought they were beautiful. She picked up the pace and as soon as she started getting there I pulled her head down, getting her face so close to mine I could feel the warmth of her breath and kept staring into her eyes. Just as she let out a string of loud moans, I pulled down on her hips sinking it as deep as I could before letting go.

She laid down on my chest and I put my arms around her. I hadn't felt this strongly before. I hesitated and never said it out loud, but I felt like I was falling in love with her. As much as I wanted to stay up, I couldn't even remember drifting off to sleep.

I woke up the next day to her still laying on my chest. I couldn't see her face but knew she was awake as she was running her hand up and down my arm. I gave a light stretch and a smile as she looked up at me also smiling. It took me a second, but I about jumped out of the vehicle at what I saw. She looked scared as I once again looked straight at her.

Me: "Tiff, your eyes....."

She started scrambling around for her clothes obviously in a state of panic.

Tiff: "What is it? What's wrong?!"

Me: "Nothing. They're beautiful."

She jumped out as soon as she got her shirt back on and went around to the passenger side mirror. She looked shocked as she saw what I did. The red. It was gone.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 2:48:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Yeah.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:09:42 AM EDT
[#33]
MOAR!!!!
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:23:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Not terrible at all. The change with Tiff is actually pretty interesting. Good stuff man.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:47:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Damn baby gravy that cures the disease, Im glad the story isn't dead, its getting good!
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 4:51:25 PM EDT
[#36]
I've enjoyed your story and I think you're a really engaging, descriptive writer.

BUT PLEASE STOP WRITING IN 'SCRIPT' FORMAT!!  (i.e., 'Marcus: "Blah blah blah...". Me: "Mutter mumble etc..."'

Seriously, it cheapens the story.  You're a better writer then that.  You've created some cool characters and a unique story/plot, don't lessen it by turning it into basically a dialogue script.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 7:48:58 PM EDT
[#37]
I need more!
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:27:04 PM EDT
[#38]
I spent the weekend reading the story again...hell ya glad to see it is not DEAD yet.

I for one dont care how you write just keep writing.

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 12:41:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I've enjoyed your story and I think you're a really engaging, descriptive writer.

BUT PLEASE STOP WRITING IN 'SCRIPT' FORMAT!!  (i.e., 'Marcus: "Blah blah blah...". Me: "Mutter mumble etc..."'

Seriously, it cheapens the story.  You're a better writer then that.  You've created some cool characters and a unique story/plot, don't lessen it by turning it into basically a dialogue script.
View Quote

Sorry bro. It's an internet story and not an actual book. It takes a LOT more to make it fully paragraphical and easy to understand.

Maybe some day I'll have time to go back and chop it up, but that's a ways off and this will have to do for now.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:03:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Moar! I need Moar!

Love the story keep it coming
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:48:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Im fine with the way its written, so quit your bitching
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 10:45:49 PM EDT
[#42]
When will we get another chapter?
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:08:18 AM EDT
[#43]
I actually liked the last chapter. Keep writing man, like I have said before, this is one of the best stories I've read.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 2:25:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Sorry for the delays. Split with the woman and between moving and work haven't had much time. Got a new shuft at work and things should open up and allow me to write even more though!
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 11:07:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Sorry to hear about the negatives man.  I hope things get better for you soon.
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 8:52:47 AM EDT
[#46]
I was glad to see another chapter, thanks. I thought that this one had fizzled out...
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 2:42:02 AM EDT
[#47]
whaaaaaa?!?!?   awesome chapter. Short, but awesome
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 8:05:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Great story so far.  Thanks.

...... Now, break time is over, back to work!
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 10:55:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
When will we get another chapter?
View Quote

???
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 5:02:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Not quite sure yet. Haven't even had a chance to work on it.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top