BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 1:50:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
SWEET!!!! Will it be available only as paperback at first or will their be a kindle version as well? Either way I am buying a copy.

Congratulations and I cant wait for the sequel.

Great Thanks !! My package includes paperback, hardback, Kindle and Nook. I think the paperback will be out a few days or so before the kindle version from what it sounds like.

Quoted:
Dude I hope my next update is me holding the book!

You and me both brother!

Quoted:

If you want you should send me a copy of your flier and I will hand them out at the runforyourlives Colorado event. I just signed up with some friends yesterday.

I might take you up on that. Going a different route with the fliers though. Having a bunch of Koozies made instead, and am going to pass them out at a trade show and the St. Louis runforyourlives event. If you would be willing to pass out some koozies or put them on windshield wipers in the parking lot, I would gladly throw ya a copy of the book and a t-shirt I had made up?

I would be happy to do it for ya.

Link Posted: 7/11/2012 1:04:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Book is for sale on Amazon! Just search for Slow Burn: A Zombie Novel. No kindle edition yet.

Congratulations!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/11/2012 4:32:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/11/2012 11:32:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Book is for sale on Amazon! Just search for Slow Burn: A Zombie Novel. No kindle edition yet.

Congratulations!!!!!!!

I found this out thanks to you guys lol... Haven't heard from the publisher yet. I was originally told it would take a few extra weeks for the Kindle and Nook versions to come available. I also have not heard from the publisher on when my own website will be up and when I can order some books from them in bulk to autograph.

Thanks for the heads up! This has been a looong and ongoing process!

Link Posted: 7/11/2012 11:36:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Congratulations I can't wait to get a copy.

Link Posted: 7/12/2012 5:00:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Amazon link

Here
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 3:28:11 PM EDT
[#7]
waiting for my copy to come in the mail.

good stuff
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 4:02:42 AM EDT
[#8]
awesome news! I am going to pick one up for sure.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 6:53:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I should get my copy Monday. Can't wait.
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 3:22:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Finally got one to see for myself. Very happy with the way it turned out!

Link Posted: 7/19/2012 7:43:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Congrats Hollis and Mike!  Looking forward to getting my copy.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 12:55:51 PM EDT
[#12]
tag
Link Posted: 7/25/2012 7:09:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Kindle and Nook versions are up now as well. Only other thing I would like is some feedback from those who have read it. Could use some positive reviews on Amazon and BN!
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 9:35:37 PM EDT
[#14]
I just got home from vacation tonight to find a package sitting in my mailbox. I'd like to thank Mike and Hollis for sending me this autograped copy of their great story. It now is squeezed right in next to a few other great books.
Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 7/29/2012 2:26:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 9:16:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Got my signed copy today, Thanks!!  

Will the early copies with the errors on the back cover be worth more someday?

The wife is anxious to start reading it already.

Thanks again,

TriumphRider
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 10:17:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Just got my copy in the mail, congratulations, guys, on getting this published.  I was surprised to see that you added in that chapter on saving the Hooters girls from zombies, that was some hot stuff....oops, sorry, don't mean to give away any spoilers...
Link Posted: 8/4/2012 2:40:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Let me know what ya all think of the reboot! Thanks for the support. Going to be passing these out to help spread the word!

Link Posted: 8/23/2012 12:29:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Will be picking up a copy soon!
Link Posted: 8/24/2012 1:52:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Interesting...good price on the download, just "clicked" for the Kindle edition.  Looking forward to the read.
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 3:22:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks! looking for feedback when your done
Link Posted: 8/31/2012 9:47:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Purchased the kindle version, finished it last night. When is the next part coming out? From reading the story here, I like the changes that were made. And also, because of reading it here, I was disappointed in how the first book ended. If I had not read it previously, then it would not have been disappointing on that front. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Off to write the Amazon review.

**ETA**

Review posted on Amazon.
Link Posted: 8/31/2012 8:35:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Purchased the kindle version, finished it last night. When is the next part coming out? From reading the story here, I like the changes that were made. And also, because of reading it here, I was disappointed in how the first book ended. If I had not read it previously, then it would not have been disappointing on that front. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Off to write the Amazon review.

**ETA**

Review posted on Amazon.

Thanks for the kind words. several guys from work who read it on the site said the same thing. We plan on having the polished second half to the publisher by the end of the year. Then will be waiting on them yet again. We are going to double down on the editing again, having more people go over it for us.

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 8/31/2012 9:33:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Just bought the Kindle version. Looking forward to it when I finish my current book.
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 10:41:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Finished it last night. Glad to hear there is a second part in the works...hell of a cliffhanger.
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 1:58:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Finished it last night. Glad to hear there is a second part in the works...hell of a cliffhanger.

Working on editing as we speak. hope you liked it so far!
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 10:17:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Working on editing as we speak. hope you liked it so far!

Yes, very much.
Link Posted: 9/15/2012 9:56:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Just got the Kindle version
Link Posted: 9/16/2012 1:28:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

When I opened this title, all the pages were blank.  I had to change the background color to be able to see the text.    Apparently the text is hard-coded black.

So I have to read with a white or sepia background. Formatting fail.

Link Posted: 9/16/2012 9:38:22 PM EDT
[#30]
It opened normal on my kindel?
Link Posted: 9/17/2012 11:44:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I opened this title, all the pages were blank.  I had to change the background color to be able to see the text.    Apparently the text is hard-coded black.

Had that too...no big deal, once I figured it out.
Link Posted: 9/17/2012 3:11:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this a matter of people liking to have their backgrounds a different color? Mine has always been an off white, maybe that's why I didn't notice. I would like to be able to have this upgraded for the next installment.

Link Posted: 9/17/2012 8:19:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this a matter of people liking to have their backgrounds a different color? Mine has always been an off white, maybe that's why I didn't notice. I would like to be able to have this upgraded for the next installment.

white text on black background uses less battery power and is easier to read in the dark for me, less eye strain.

I'd love green text on black background, old school geek FTW

I have a Kindle Fire
Link Posted: 10/15/2012 1:04:16 PM EDT
[#34]
I followed the story online and just read the book.

Cant wait for part 2 to come out.
Link Posted: 10/15/2012 11:53:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I followed the story online and just read the book.

Cant wait for part 2 to come out.

Glad to hear it! We are finishing up part two now. The ending is quite a bit different! It's been lots of work but worth it. We feel part 2 is better than ever and even cleaner. Added several more proof readers.

Link Posted: 10/15/2012 11:54:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Just a quick update. Made some upgrades to the original story and we reworked the ending. Going to be proofreading for the next couple months until we can come out with the finished product. Want to have it to the publisher by January and then finally start working on the third installment, which we will post on here just as the first time. tahnks for all the support!

Link Posted: 10/15/2012 11:57:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You were correct. I had Outskirts fix the formatting issue, and It should update to your copy. Could you PM me and let me know? They say it might take 12 hours.

white text on black background uses less battery power and is easier to read in the dark for me, less eye strain.

I'd love green text on black background, old school geek FTW

I have a Kindle Fire

I had Outskirts fix the formatting issue and it should update to your copy. Let me know.
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 7:51:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Cant wait for book 2. Even more excited for book 3.

Thanks for all of your hard work.
Link Posted: 10/21/2012 12:45:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Very good read. Please don't take this offensively, but part of what I enjoy about the story is your obvious growth in creativity. At first it was just another zombie story with cliche macho zombie killers, but the character development has been great. I will definitely be purchasing in the future and keep up the great work.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 4:42:44 AM EDT
[#40]
None taken. Not sure if you read the new story our just what I posted. The rewrite took a lot of work, but I can tell that it is getting better as we go. The back half is coming out much nicer than part 1 we feel. Working on it as we speak.
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 11:21:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Just started re-reading the other day on my nook. Also got my friend DogDriver to pick up a copy
Link Posted: 10/28/2012 10:15:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Just started re-reading the other day on my nook. Also got my friend DogDriver to pick up a copy

And he has finished it already!
That's why he is now here anxiously awaiting book 2 updates!  

Link Posted: 10/29/2012 4:42:28 AM EDT
[#43]
awesome haha... thanks. I have 5 pages of editing left out of 442. Then it goes back for another proof read. I don't want any typo's this time around. I also have been working on the dialog to make it seem more realistic and such. Happy with the way its turning out,and the new ending is killer. Will have it to Outskirts by January, and than we can both wait!
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 11:54:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
*SNIP*

I had Outskirts fix the formatting issue and it should update to your copy. Let me know.

My copy didn't change, I removed it from the device and re-downloaded it too.

Thank you for your effort, perhaps I can submit a ticket to Amazon and ask them about it.

I am looking forward to the next book :)
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:50:25 PM EDT
[#45]
holy smokes, call me what you will but I missed how I can get an autographed copy to put next to my other ARFCOM member written books.

ETA... nevermind, I'm an idiot.... I already got one.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 8:57:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
holy smokes, call me what you will but I missed how I can get an autographed copy to put next to my other ARFCOM member written books.

Shoot me a PM if your interested and I'll mail one out.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 2:13:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I should have edited my post... I went to my bookshelf and realized that my dumbass does have an autographed copy... I got it as soon as the publish meant announcement went out.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 11:45:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I should have edited my post... I went to my bookshelf and realized that my dumbass does have an autographed copy... I got it as soon as the publish meant announcement went out.

Thought I mailed one to Japan!
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 10:09:11 AM EDT
[#49]
great, I eagerly await part 2................
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 10:37:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Just a quick update. We got picked up by Permuted Press and they are going to publish both halves of the story. They are currently re-editing part 1 and are going to re-release it with new cover art. Part 2 will follow shortly after. We got the chance to clean up the dialog in the process. Hulka73 actually got me in contact with Permuted, Thanks!
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top