Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
By Law: (Page 5 of 6)
Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 5:00:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Outstanding!  (secession, not succession.)

Thanks for the update, and for putting Ch. 42 back up!
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 5:18:47 PM EDT
[#2]
sweet update, I really wish for this to keep up, it's great.
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 2:01:45 AM EDT
[#3]
It's getting closer...
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 2:13:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Grand,  Still great!  Can't wait for more.
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 3:31:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I think we are being treated by someone who really likes to write and is good at it as well.

Now, next chapter please.
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 5:04:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Multi-G:
I think we are being treated by someone who really likes to write and is good at it as well.

Just to let you all know.  The original guy who came up with the idea behind the story is in the hospital in fairly serious condition.  As he has been following it to no end, hanging on like many of you, I made the personal choice not to post the ending or at least the last few chapters until he is better and out of the hospital.  So I've got maybe one more chapter in before I stop posting until he is out.

I hope you all can understand.  He is the originator behind the concept of By Law and I wouldn't even consider the thought of him not being able to see the end when it gets posted.  His idea, my writing and he deserves to see how it all turns out at the same time everyone else does.

Grand
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 5:37:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Thats understandable .

Tell him we are wishing him a speed recoup .
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 8:29:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Please pass along..   Our thoughts and prayers are with him.

Link Posted: 9/8/2009 1:19:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Grand58742] [#9]
Removed by author
Link Posted: 9/8/2009 2:48:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm guessing this will be the last chapter we see before your friend gets out of the hospital. Tell him to hurry up and get better!
Link Posted: 9/8/2009 2:49:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Holy balls. Great story.. Don't end it yet.. Great writing and MAKE your friend get better!
Link Posted: 9/8/2009 4:02:05 PM EDT
[#12]
great chapter.
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 11:10:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Great chapter! WE NEED MMOORREEEEEE!!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 3:32:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Grand58742:

Just to let you all know.  The original guy who came up with the idea behind the story is in the hospital in fairly serious condition.  As he has been following it to no end, hanging on like many of you, I made the personal choice not to post the ending or at least the last few chapters until he is better and out of the hospital.  So I've got maybe one more chapter in before I stop posting until he is out.

I hope you all can understand.  He is the originator behind the concept of By Law and I wouldn't even consider the thought of him not being able to see the end when it gets posted.  His idea, my writing and he deserves to see how it all turns out at the same time everyone else does.

Grand

Thanks Grand,
Very understandable.  Let him know our prayers and thoughts are with him.  I hope he makes a full recovery.

Thanks again for a great story.  I'll keep watching for the next chapter.

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 9:54:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Really looking forward to more.   I have missed the regular installments.  This has been a really enjoyable story.  I also have read Normal since I started this one and think it is the bomb as well!

From an unselfish point of view, I really hope your friend feels better soon.  He is on my prayer list.

......Mounger
Link Posted: 9/26/2009 2:07:55 AM EDT
[#16]

Grand

Grand.  Have continued to keep the unknown person in my thoughts.  Hope this finds them better than before and wish them continued luck recovering.

Link Posted: 9/26/2009 6:18:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Sorry I haven't been able to post up the rest.  His condition was fairly serious, but he is making good progress from what I understand.

For those that don't know who I am refering to, it's Fleataxi from FS.com.  He has accounts on other sites, but not on here that I know of.

I appreciate everyone being understanding of why I am doing this.  He was really into the story and I think he needs to be around when I post up the ending.
Link Posted: 9/27/2009 4:56:42 PM EDT
[#18]
I understand and support what you are doing.
Just for the peace of mind of the readers, can you confirm that you have finished the story and all that is left to do is post the remaining chapters?
I hate when these stories die on the vine, and yours is one of the best :-)
Link Posted: 9/28/2009 3:12:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By BroncoMafia:
Just for the peace of mind of the readers, can you confirm that you have finished the story and all that is left to do is post the remaining chapters?

Yes the story is complete and yes it is just waiting to be posted.  For the peace of minds of the readers, the story is not dead by any means and will be posted up.  It's just waiting for that one element to make it work.

I mean I can't leave you all hanging forever on which lady lived...
Link Posted: 9/28/2009 9:21:08 AM EDT
[#20]
I read up a little on FleaTaxi.

He and family have been added to my prayer list.  Great story, but his struggle takes priority over any other worldly endeavors.  

I understand and support your gesture in withholding the rest of the story until he can enjoy it.

.........Mounger
Link Posted: 9/29/2009 4:56:34 PM EDT
[#21]
tagged, for well-ness
Link Posted: 9/29/2009 7:18:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Yes the story is complete and yes it is just waiting to be posted.  For the peace of minds of the readers, the story is not dead by any means and will be posted up.  It's just waiting for that one element to make it work.

Awww MAN
:-)
Link Posted: 9/29/2009 11:30:18 PM EDT
[#23]

Awww MAN
:-)

Sheeeet... We already know which one lives..
Link Posted: 9/30/2009 8:16:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Spankadin:
Sheeeet... We already know which one lives..

How did you know it was Lori who lived?

Or was it Charli who lived?  Or was it Marcy the Mousey Librarian who charmed Tony once and for all?  
Link Posted: 9/30/2009 6:44:59 PM EDT
[#25]
I do not think you told enough for us to really be sure.   I have my guess, but that's just a guess.
Link Posted: 10/3/2009 7:08:25 PM EDT
[#26]
oh jeez this will be a great ending.
Link Posted: 10/10/2009 6:01:44 PM EDT
[#27]
In regards to the final posting of the story, I can reassure you the individual we have been waiting on is getting better. Progress is slow, but there is progress. And in this case, progress is good.

And due to the timeline on his recovery, I have decided to finish out the story. His rehabilitation will not be a short process and I believe it could take some time. In an effort to ensure he was around when I finished this story which he played a major part in, I have put the rest of you on hold concerning the story.

I want to thank each and every one of you for being so patient in following the story over the past few weeks since I made the promise to finish it up. I am grateful for everyone being so understanding about it and waiting for events to happen.

I personally believe this is what he (Fleataxi) would want. I cannot speak for him when I say this, but a lot of you know how much he hates cliffhangers as well as unfinished work. I believe he would want me to finish this up so the forum gets the closure they need for this work.

Unless anyone has any objections, I will post the last few chapters of the story over the next five days. Please feel free to e-mail me if anyone objects to my doing so and I will discuss the matter with you offline.
Link Posted: 10/10/2009 6:02:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Grand58742] [#28]
Removed by author
Link Posted: 10/10/2009 6:33:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Thank you. Hope your friend a speedy recovery .
Link Posted: 10/10/2009 8:07:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Thanks for the update. And I wish Fleataxi a quick and full recovery. I love his stories too, BTW.

Toad
Link Posted: 10/11/2009 6:47:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Grand58742] [#31]
Removed by author
Link Posted: 10/11/2009 5:19:14 PM EDT
[#32]
I am  so happy to be reading this now. I hope your friend is alright and reading it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2009 6:01:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Grand58742] [#33]
Removed by author
Link Posted: 10/12/2009 12:12:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Ouch.
Link Posted: 10/12/2009 12:47:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Thanks for the updates...great story!
Link Posted: 10/12/2009 1:54:56 PM EDT
[#36]
phwew
Link Posted: 10/12/2009 7:09:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Danger Close!!!    Keep your head down!!!
Link Posted: 10/12/2009 9:16:26 PM EDT
[#38]
I'd like to see this published, and as a movie!

Thanks Grand, Great writing!
Link Posted: 10/13/2009 2:49:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Grand58742] [#39]
Removed by author
Link Posted: 10/13/2009 12:19:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks! Don't know if there will be an epilogue - it might be fun to leave it as it is, and just let the reader wonder if the general population will be smart enough to turn back the tide.
Link Posted: 10/13/2009 3:10:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By polarbare:
Thanks! Don't know if there will be an epilogue - it might be fun to leave it as it is, and just let the reader wonder if the general population will be smart enough to turn back the tide.

I think there would be a riot is I left it hanging on whether or not Lori or Charli survived.

Epilogue goes up tomorrow
Link Posted: 10/13/2009 4:54:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Deadcenter45] [#42]
I think there would be a riot is I left it hanging on whether or not Lori or Charli survived.

Epilogue goes up tomorrow

Link Posted: 10/13/2009 7:37:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Badlatitude] [#43]
I hope all the story lines are followed up and have closure!

Killer story. Needs to be made into a PDF imho

BTW.. You friend should be proud to write such a great story. Hopefully there is a part 2!
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 4:09:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Badlatitude:
Hopefully there is a part 2!

There are already ideas swimming around in this mess I call a brain
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 5:26:38 AM EDT
[#45]
For Fleataxi
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 5:26:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Grand58742] [#46]
Removed by author
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 5:30:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Grand58742] [#47]
Removed by author
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 7:02:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Well done sir, Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 8:01:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Very well played sir .

Thanks for the story .

Link Posted: 10/14/2009 11:26:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Badlatitude:
Hopefully there is a part 2!

There are already ideas swimming around in this mess I call a brain

That mess you call a brain just wrote an excellent story! If this gets put into a text or pdf I will be mailing it out to many friend and family members for sure!

Page / 6
By Law: (Page 5 of 6)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top