[#1]
Bump for the day walkers.
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 7:03:25 AM EDT
[#2]
good job man keep it up
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 8:20:04 AM EDT
[#3]
[Bobby Boucher's Mama] Swindle is the Devil [/Bobby Boucher's Mama]

hurry up and write the next chapter..  the cliff hanger endings..  arrrggg...
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Looking forward to next chapter.
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 5:38:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Taggage....I'm ready to read!

/TCP
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 11:28:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll be adding a new chapter this afternoon, so I'm bumping this so people can find it easier.
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 12:46:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By Swindle1984:
I'll be adding a new chapter this afternoon, so I'm bumping this so people can find it easier.

[longboat] "oh, snap..  swindle has posted in his fiction thread..  must be the new chapter"  clicks on the thread..  "bummer just a  bump and a note to say that more is comming"[/longboat]

good stuff so far..  looking forward to the next chapter.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 1:43:10 PM EDT
[#8]
a house like this already exists ...........http://www.missilebases.com/......it's a converted Atlas F site with an airfield and a home built over the silo.......
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 1:46:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: destaccado] [#9]
sorry repost this 2x due to bad internet over here....
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 1:49:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: destaccado] [#10]
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 2:12:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By destaccado:
a house like this already exists ...........http://www.missilebases.com/......it's a converted Atlas F site with an airfield and a home built over the silo.......

Who do you think first introduced that link to the SF?

As for longboat...

[Nelson] HA HA! [/Nelson]
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 3:26:18 PM EDT
[#12]
please keep the story coming... I am enjoying it a lot

It seems I am becoming a serial story junky, I have several sites with several genres that I check regularly for updates.

TheBane42
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 4:27:24 PM EDT
[#13]
How about save up a few chapters and post them all at once?  Then you could just update the thread title with the new date of the update.  That would make it easier on your readers.

Great story, btw!
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 10:21:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Swindle, one thing about most everyone that has read your story, we like it & want more of it. I'm willing to wait as long as it takes you. I'd rather not wait for several chapters at once because its not easy to stop a good read once its started.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2006 2:44:35 AM EDT
[#15]

Hey, where's our chapter?
Link Posted: 5/13/2006 3:29:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Great read! Thank you for posting such an entertaining piece. I usually just read and lurk on the forums, rarely posting. This bit of writing has drawn me out and I felt I had to compliment the author. You have won another fan. I really am enjoying it, it reads fast and easy, and is reminiscent of Stephen Hunter.  I hope you see this through to the end, I'm hooked already and I'm sure this post speaks for many forum lurkers out there who have also enjoyed your story so far. Please keep it coming!
Link Posted: 5/13/2006 10:09:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Just moved back home for the summer (no more exams! Whoo!) and don't have any place to set up my comp. It'll be a few days before I get the next chapter up. Once I've got my own computer back up and running, chapter updates will be at least twice a week, whenever I feel like it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2006 1:10:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Just moved back home for the summer (no more exams! Whoo!) and don't have any place to set up my comp. It'll be a few days before I get the next chapter up. Once I've got my own computer back up and running, chapter updates will be at least twice a week, whenever I feel like it.

congratulations. I hope you did well on the exams.  Thank you for the story.
Link Posted: 5/13/2006 3:43:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Great story......cant wait for more.
Link Posted: 5/13/2006 8:17:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Glad to hear you finished up your exams..  bummed that it will be a few days until your next update.
Link Posted: 5/14/2006 2:31:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/14/2006 4:38:45 PM EDT
[#22]
more more
Link Posted: 5/15/2006 6:19:33 PM EDT
[#23]
tag
Link Posted: 5/16/2006 7:06:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Don't expect any updates until at least the end of the week; I moved back home and I don't have any place to put any of my stuff, especially appliances.
Link Posted: 5/16/2006 7:39:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Don't expect any updates until at least the end of the week; I moved back home and I don't have any place to put any of my stuff, especially appliances.

DAMN!
Link Posted: 5/20/2006 7:34:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Hey! It's nearly the end of the week! Where's our next chapter ?

Link Posted: 5/20/2006 10:01:38 PM EDT
[#27]
NeED MORE!!!! Your doing a great job on the story, keep it up and were looking forward to the next chapter.
Link Posted: 5/20/2006 11:02:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/21/2006 4:17:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Got my computer set up temporarily, will start the next chapter either tonight or tomorow.
Link Posted: 5/21/2006 4:37:44 PM EDT
[#30]

Got my computer set up temporarily, will start the next chapter either tonight or tomorow.

Link Posted: 5/21/2006 10:50:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Somehow, I have managed to have missed this thread until tonight.

TAG!
Link Posted: 5/21/2006 11:51:12 PM EDT
[#32]

Originally Posted By Johnny_Reno:
Somehow, I have managed to have missed this thread until tonight.

TAG!

I was thinking the same thing
Link Posted: 5/22/2006 5:33:34 PM EDT
[#33]
we want our chapter
Link Posted: 5/22/2006 5:51:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/22/2006 6:00:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Starting the write up now. Most of you have been patient, so expect to be rewarded shortly.
Link Posted: 5/22/2006 6:16:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Longboat] [#36]

Starting the write up now. Most of you have been patient, so expect to be rewarded shortly.

It has been 16 minutes..  where is my Survival Fiction fix?    
Link Posted: 5/22/2006 7:45:50 PM EDT
[#37]
bump for the awesome prose
Link Posted: 5/22/2006 8:13:14 PM EDT
[#38]
*refresh* Nope!  *refresh* Nope!
Great story!

Waiting for you to finish (in anticipation of the plot), to start posting my own!
Link Posted: 5/23/2006 1:51:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Still waiting......

Link Posted: 5/23/2006 10:26:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Worse than a crack dealer.
Link Posted: 5/23/2006 11:57:37 AM EDT
[#41]
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN---I need it!! I need it!!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2006 12:41:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Sorry- Had to deal with some issues last night that prevented me from posting the next chapter. Here it is. Kinda short, but meh.

-----------------------------

Blake scrambled for the first aid kit hanging on the kitchen wall and nearly flung it at the wounded man. He regained control of himself and hurriedly snapped it open.

"How bad is it? Where's he hit?"

The woman lifted her hand for a moment to show a hole the diameter of her finger in the young man's chest. Blood seemed to spray out of it in a mist in time with his breathing. Then she quickly clamped her hand over it to keep pressure on the wound.

Blake stared for a moment at his first aid kit. Gauze, scissors, antibiotic lotion, iodine, bandaids...

"Crap."

He dropped the first aid kit and ran for the book shelves in the common room, startling the already confused and frightened children on the couch. He threw books off the shelves onto the floor until he found what he was searching for- His military manuals for first aid and combat surgery. He sprinted back to where the others were and skidded to a stop beside them, frantically flipping through pages. The older man stood there uselessly; he couldn't help, so he merely watched and looked around him at the silo. The woman continued applying pressure to the wound and looked over at Blake as he flipped through his books.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm trying to find something that'll tell us what to do! I'm not a doctor, I don't know what I'm doing! And I never had to read these before, I only glanced through them! I'm not even sure where all the surgical gear I bought is!"

Blake finally got frustrated and just threw the book he'd been searching through across the room and ran for the nearest storage, tearing through boxes until he found one labeled Medical Gear and ran back with it. He opened it and found gloves, surgical masks, needles and thread, some sort of weird scissors that were bent in the middle, scalpels... He couldn't use any of it. None of it made any sense. He'd just bought everything in case he needed it, never really expecting to use any of it. He glanced over at his patient.

He'd stopped breathing. His eyes were glazed over and staring at nothing. The woman had already noticed this and begun CPR. Blake didn't know if she was doing it right or not, but it didn't seem to be working.

After twenty minutes, they gave up. Blake quietly showed the adults where to clean themselves up and took the box of medical gear back to storage. Just as quietly, he opened another box, removed a rubberized body bag, and took it with him.
Link Posted: 5/23/2006 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#43]
tag
Link Posted: 5/23/2006 2:31:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Well that was short and sweet.
Link Posted: 5/23/2006 4:04:27 PM EDT
[#45]
gotta love reality...
Link Posted: 5/23/2006 9:34:02 PM EDT
[#46]
There is a lesson for most of us right there...
Link Posted: 5/23/2006 10:41:47 PM EDT
[#47]

Originally Posted By JC_:
There is a lesson for most of us right there...

Yep.  Don't get shot.
Link Posted: 5/23/2006 11:59:27 PM EDT
[#48]
I just want you to know that I'm keeping my dog in an old fridge and he will only get air when you post another chapter.

Whoa! Who wrote that? Must have been the "Bad Man" that my Wife...er..Her Royal Highness says that lives in our house. I wrote a story for another web site and it was one of the hardest but rewarding things I ever done. Took forever to get all of the chapters out but I wrote it first, then refined it and posted it so it came out sort of fast. Still had constant re-writes and details that held me back alone with my own insecurities.

It was the most writing I've done since Highschool. Take your time and get it right for you, you're your own worst critic and hench road block. But to be true to the craft, once started you may not stop until the story is told.

You have an eye to detail and the story flows well. I await the next chapter, but the dog is in the fridge.    
Link Posted: 5/24/2006 12:30:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Good story, tagged!
Link Posted: 5/24/2006 7:45:48 AM EDT
[#50]

Originally Posted By stimpy117:
I just want you to know that I'm keeping my dog in an old fridge and he will only get air when you post another chapter.

Whoa! Who wrote that? Must have been the "Bad Man" that my Wife...er..Her Royal Highness says that lives in our house. I wrote a story for another web site and it was one of the hardest but rewarding things I ever done. Took forever to get all of the chapters out but I wrote it first, then refined it and posted it so it came out sort of fast. Still had constant re-writes and details that held me back alone with my own insecurities.

It was the most writing I've done since Highschool. Take your time and get it right for you, you're your own worst critic and hench road block. But to be true to the craft, once started you may not stop until the story is told.

You have an eye to detail and the story flows well. I await the next chapter, but the dog is in the fridge.    

Survival story?  If so post it up please!!
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top