Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 2/15/2008 12:37:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Duuuuude. Post more chapters now please!
Good read.
Link Posted: 2/18/2008 11:33:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By LuvBUSHmaster:
Duuuuude. Post more chapters now please!
Good read.

I second that motion! WHATS TAKING SO LONG!
Link Posted: 2/19/2008 12:41:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, updates are gonna be a while. I'm acting in a musical.

And before anybody says anything, we're doing the Haka, the epitome of manly war dances. If you make one accusation of gayness, I'll just IM new chapters to everyone except you.
Link Posted: 2/19/2008 7:12:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By Swindle1984:

And before anybody says anything, we're doing the Haka, the epitome of manly war dances. If you make one accusation of gayness, I'll just IM new chapters to everyone except you.

and to think I was already to post the Richard Simmons picture too.....

damn
Maybe next time?
Link Posted: 2/19/2008 4:35:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By millerized:

and to think I was already to post the Richard Simmons picture too.....

damn
Maybe next time?

The Haka. This a war dance the Maori would perform before they ATE YOU. I'm up front because my "war face" is more intimidating than others.

Our goal is to make some kid in the audience crap himself in terror.
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 2:47:33 PM EDT
[#6]
So, how long does this musical last?  I'm just wondering when we might start to see new chapters again...
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 4:22:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't think he'll be posting for awhile he either got locked or banned.
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 7:01:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By w107rsf:
Don't think he'll be posting for awhile he either got locked or banned.

He just got unlocked today. See General for his apology to Dave_A.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 2:24:43 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm BACK, baby!

Gonna start working on The Survivor again now that my account is unlocked.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 4:45:28 AM EDT
[#10]

I'm BACK, baby!

Link Posted: 4/3/2008 6:47:09 AM EDT
[#11]

I'm BACK, baby!

shoulda been working on it while you were locked, seeing as ya werent spending time that shoulda been spent writing posting  

Good to see ya back. too many locks/bans being handed out lately
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 1:43:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By VaultDweller:

I'm BACK, baby!

shoulda been working on it while you were locked, seeing as ya werent spending time that shoulda been spent writing posting  

And what was I going to do with what I was writing, e-mail it to another Arfcommer and have him post it for me? He'd have just been banned under suspicion of being a troll account.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 6:43:24 PM EDT
[#13]

I'm BACK, baby!

And what was I going to do with what I was writing, e-mail it to another Arfcommer and have him post it for me? He'd have just been banned under suspicion of being a troll account.

can't work on it without posting?  Pretty sure he meant you could've just worked on it and caught up when you came back.
Link Posted: 4/8/2008 1:54:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Originally Posted By shastacles:

I'm BACK, baby!

can't work on it without posting?  Pretty sure he meant you could've just worked on it and caught up when you came back.

Yeah, I think he meant you could've had new chapters all written and ready to be posted when your account was unlocked.  You know, work on it and save it to a file on your computer until you were allowed to post again?
Link Posted: 4/8/2008 2:33:05 PM EDT
[#15]
^ precisely what I meant.

If it had been a ban thats one thing, but since it was just a lock and you knew you'd be coming back you couldve held on to the updates until your account was unlocked.

In my smartassed method of posting, I was simply saying that without the work halting diversion that arfcom tends to be, you might have had some extra spare time to work on the story
Link Posted: 4/8/2008 3:39:49 PM EDT
[#16]
for the love the story line Just get off his back. I want him  to focus on the story and not what he should or should have not  done.

On with the Thread... I cant hold on any longer
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#17]
I have to keep this at the top of my page/list.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 9:30:35 PM EDT
[#18]
It may be a while before the next chapter. I've got two exams tomorrow plus I gotta turn in two papers and do a couple piano songs for a grade, and then I gotta do another paper and prepare for final exams.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 1:45:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Dammit, your killing me!  Making me wait!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2008 12:30:06 PM EDT
[#20]

I guess it was a little presumptuous of me to have thought that if you were doing a musical surely it would be, "When The SHTF - The Musical".

Link Posted: 4/29/2008 5:18:17 PM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By KBL:

I guess it was a little presumptuous of me to have thought that if you were doing a musical surely it would be, "When The SHTF - The Musical".

I wanted to do The Evil Dead: The Musical, but we ended up doing American Gladiator.
Link Posted: 4/29/2008 9:30:47 PM EDT
[#22]

Post some pictures
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 12:27:57 PM EDT
[#23]
*yawn* *streeeeeeeetch*

Hmmm. About time I started wrapping this story up, now isn't it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 8:03:43 PM EDT
[#24]
No, please dont i love this story.
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 8:34:01 PM EDT
[#25]

*yawn* *streeeeeeeetch*

Hmmm. About time I started wrapping this story up, now isn't it.

You mean it's not wrapped up?

Sorry, it's a good story, but the lack of continuity made me give up on it some time back. No offense, I know you had other things to do besides starring in musicals.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:30:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rvogster] [#26]
Well I just re-read the whole thing after not reading after your absence so please don’t stop writing now. This is great work, please keep it up!
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 8:21:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Still working on the next chapter.
Link Posted: 6/17/2008 2:05:08 AM EDT
[#28]
read teh whole thing tonight....been reading it for a couple hours.... great stuff!!! More ASAP please...the suspense is killing me
Link Posted: 6/17/2008 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#29]
I just got a job. The next chapter is gonna be delayed (again).

And just for confirmation, the next chapter is the next-to-last chapter in our story.
Link Posted: 6/17/2008 11:36:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Dont finish this thing till we get some .50bmg sniper fire out of that barrett, or an attempt to overtake the compound.

Try to add some herosim to the quiet girl maybe plugging a bag guy with that silenced .22 after a tense standoff.

DO NOT QUIT!
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 3:46:17 AM EDT
[#31]
h.gif I am glad that I started reading this now and not when you started writing it. Good story, can't wait to see the ending!!!
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 11:54:15 AM EDT
[#32]

Originally Posted By gunut:
Dont finish this thing till we get some .50bmg sniper fire out of that barrett, or an attempt to overtake the compound.

Try to add some herosim to the quiet girl maybe plugging a bag guy with that silenced .22 after a tense standoff.

DO NOT QUIT!

She TRIED to plug someone with her .22.

Also, good timing on bumping the thread: I'll probably be done with the next chapter tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 10:18:50 PM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By gunut:

DO NOT QUIT!

She TRIED to plug someone with her .22.

Also, good timing on bumping the thread: I'll probably be done with the next chapter tomorrow.

I'll believe it when I see it.  more empty promises I fear.  
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 12:00:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Ready for the next chapter too~

Been great so far.
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 12:00:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Ready for the next chapter too~

Been great so far.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:32:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Why do I always stumble on the stories that are almost finished?

...grumble grumbe grumble...
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:13:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Is this the story you IM'ed me about where they drop the Daisy Cutter on the compound?...
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 9:43:12 PM EDT
[#38]

Originally Posted By Amish_Bill:
Why do I always stumble on the stories that are almost finished?

...grumble grumbe grumble...

Yeah, avoid some story tellers.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 11:40:09 PM EDT
[#39]
You know what, bitches? Here's the next chapter just to shut you ingrates up.

-------------------

Blake relaxed on the bed in the house. He hadn't slept there in... he forgot how long. The bed was covered in dust and had a vague smell of mildew, but he didn't care. Sunlight glowed through the blinds in the small window and gave the room an orangish tint as the sun went down; thanks to all the dust and fallout in the atmosphere from the nuclear strikes around the globe, sunsets would be spectacular for years, if not decades.

As he lay sprawled on the bare mattress, he dozed and contemplated how much his life had changed since that day. The day civilization had ended. How much of his family was still alive? What were the odds he'd ever see any of them again if they were? Sure, he didn't know where they were, but most of them knew where he lived, so if any remained they'd eventually show up at his door, right?

In all this time, he'd gone from college student with a controlling shrew-bitch of a girlfriend who cheated on him and dumped him after making him get the snip-snip (and they'd never even had sex once during the entire relationship), to overnight millionaire, to almost broke again but living in a literal fortress and able to survive for decades with ease. Then came the endless months of boredom and depression and then a pedophile whose brains he had to splatter and then... He had Beth. Out of all of this, some good had happened. And, he supposed, the girls were basically his kids by this point, so even if he never got his vasectomy reversed (they could do that, right?) he still had someone he could pass on his legacy to, in a way.

After all this time, all these changes, so many times he'd nearly shit his pants while coming with in an inch of getting shot and killed, finally, finally he could just lay in his old bed and relax. Maybe in a few months enough bandits and migrants would have be gone that he could move back into his house and out of that dang silo. But for now, peace...

His eyes had just drifted shut when there was a loud knock on the front door. He instantly rolled from the bed, scooped up his FNC, and flipped the selector to burst. He lay there, on the floor, his heart thudding in his ears, and wondered if he'd just imagined it when he heard the knock again. Great.

He stood up and carefully checked around, then looked through the peephole to see who was standing on his porch.

A tall white man and a very short black man, both wearing suits and sunglasses and with close-cut hair stood facing the door. There was a black SUV with tinted windows on the driveway and the white man's jacket was open, revealing some leather precisely where a shoulder holster would go. Uh-huh. Joy. "We're from the government and we're here to help you". Just what he needed.

He considered not answering the door and just pretending no one was home when the black agent knocked again and then pointedly looked into the peep hole.

"We know you're in there, the peep hole got dark when you looked through it. Agents Willis and Smith, FBI. We have a proposal for you mister... Jerome Blake?"

Blake cursed under his breath, then unlocked the door and opened it, keeping the FNC pointedly in his hands.

"It's Jerome, like Jeremy. Not Jeroam."

"My apologies. Sir, as I said, we have a proposal for you. May we come in?"

"The porch is fine."

Neither agent seemed perturbed by this and the black man, apparently the spokesman for the duo, continued.

"I understand that several years ago you won a large sum of money and purchased a retired missile silo, which we are standing above as we speak. Must be a very nice thing to have, in this day and age."

"Your point?"

"Just making conversation, making sure I've got all my information straight. Sir, I understand that you also purchased a number of firearms, including automatic weapons, and a vast quantity of ammunition in various calibers. Am I correct?"

"Your point?"

Blake was remaining polite, but his eyes were looking all around as if he expected to see SWAT ninjas jump out from behind every bush. His patience was rapidly waning.

"My point, sir, is that local law enforcement agencies and the National Guard are somewhat short on ammunition. We would be most appreciative if you would sell several thousand rounds of 9mm, .40 S&W, 5.56mm, and 7.62 NATO to us, as well as several hundred rounds of 12-gauge buckshot."

"Sell? What, you're not just going to kick my door in, shoot my dog, and just take what you want?"

The black agent kept a straight face but was noticably amused.

"Sir, we're not the ATF. As I said, we would like to purchase the ammunition. Right now all the ammunition is being diverted to places that have a more immediate need for it, such as the military, and local jurisdictions are on their own in regards to requisitioning more. We'd be happy to make you a fair offer for however much ammunition you'd be willing to spare."

"Let me see your ID's and badges."

Both men, including the white agent who hadn't said a word so far, produced badges, FBI ID cards, and even their driver's licenses. For all Blake could tell, they were legitimate.

"So what's a fair offer? How much is money worth these days anyway?"

"Not much, I'll admit, sir. However, we have something much more liquid."

The white agent picked up a briefcase from beside his feet, flipped it so he held it laying flat, and opened it. Inside were transparent rolls of coins in various sizes. Blake picked one up.

It was an entire roll of silver dimes. There were dozens of them, and an equal number of rolls of silver quarters. Most were simply pre-1965 dimes and quarters, but there were a fair number of older coins mixed in, mercury dimes and standing liberty quarters. He lifted the lids of four small cardboard boxes set behind the rolls of silver and discovered that two held silver dollars and half dollars, another held several krugerands and other gold coins, and the last had a pair of 1 oz. platinum bars.

"And... how much ammunition were you looking to buy?"

The black agent gave a slightly sardonic smile and replied, "We know exactly how much you purchased online, though not how much you have total. You should have enough to make it worth our while. Say, 20,000 rounds of 5.56mm, 20,000 rounds of 7.62mm, 5,000 rounds of 9mm and .40 S&W, and eight hundred rounds of 12-gauge buckshot?"

Blake paused a moment, staring at the wealth before him. He had no idea where he could get it converted to money he could spend in a restaurant or the mall, but it had to be worth more now than it had before the shit had hit the fan, and even before then it had been worth a fortune.

".... You guys need any .45ACP or .357 Magnum while I'm at it?"

The agents laughed and the white one closed the briefcase.

"Sure, I think there's a podunk sheriff's office in the next county that could use some. Do we have a deal?"

Blake laughed at himself, then nodded his head.

"Come back in two days. It's gonna take me a while to haul all that shit up here."

"We could get someone to help move it for you."

"I'd rather not have anyone come in my house, much less the silo, if it's all the same to you."

The agent gave a tight-lipped smile and nodded, then they both turned and walked back to their SUV.

"Two days then. Thank you very much, mister Blake."

"Thanks, have a good day."

Blake watched as they drove out of sight towards the gate, then went back in and locked the door up.

"Didn't know what the fuck I was gonna do with all that ammo anyway since there's no zombies."

---------------------------

Smith grinned and shook his head.

"Man. Imagine having that much cash just for some ammo. And he's already been a millionaire once. Can you imagine having that much money?"

Willis shook his head slowly, fingering the briefcase in his lap.

"I'm just glad he took the offer instead of shooting at us the moment he knew we were feds like those survivalists in Broming did."

"Yeah. You'd swear I was a dingo eating their baby the way they reacted. Oh well. Let 'em sit in their stupid shack. You want Burger King or McDonalds?"

"Burger King. The McDonalds hasn't gotten a delivery truck in three weeks."

"Ooh, that's right. Ok, the place with the creepy mascot it is then."

------------------------

If Blake had remained standing in his doorway for another thirty seconds, he may have seen the glint of light off a telescopic sight as the rifle he and the two FBI agents had been watched through was lowered.

"Can't tell for sure, but looks like they made a deal."

"Great. Just hang out till those feds come back to pick up the goods and we're set."

"Yup."

-------------------

To Be Continued...

Only the last chapter and the epilogue remain! Sorry this one's so short, I decided to move the action to the last chapter so it'd be more epic.
Link Posted: 8/3/2008 1:25:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Just Hurry up and post
Link Posted: 8/3/2008 2:10:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Holy shit, I just realized that this thread is over two years old.

I've been at it THAT long?
Link Posted: 8/3/2008 12:48:50 PM EDT
[#42]

Been at it?

If you say so...

Link Posted: 8/3/2008 2:20:30 PM EDT
[#43]

Originally Posted By Gunlover66:

Been at it?

If you say so...

When I set aside large chunks of my time to write out a story for my own amusement and I share it with you at no cost for you, don't bitch about how long I take between chapters. This isn't my job, I'm not getting paid to do it, and I have a real life that takes priority over other things. If you don't like it, then go read someone else's shit.
Link Posted: 8/3/2008 2:28:56 PM EDT
[#44]
HA!

pwnt

Keep writing at your own pace. We are patient.

Perhaps the hecklers could share their writings instead of bitching like a bunch of spoiled little girls
Link Posted: 8/3/2008 8:20:48 PM EDT
[#45]

I'm not getting paid to do it,

If your ever in the dallas area around the holidays (That's when I go there for family) I will buy you lunch.
Link Posted: 8/7/2008 6:55:22 AM EDT
[#46]
sweet thanks for the new chapter
Link Posted: 8/9/2008 2:24:05 AM EDT
[#47]

Originally Posted By rno172:

I'm not getting paid to do it,

If your ever in the dallas area around the holidays (That's when I go there for family) I will buy you lunch.

Ditto, you ever come to the seattle area, Lunch or Dinner is on me.
Link Posted: 8/10/2008 5:43:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Sweet, i just found this and read the whole thing tonight.  And I didn't have to wait 2 years like everyone else either.    Thanks for writing this, I really enjoyed it.  Looking forward to the last chapter and epilogue.
Link Posted: 8/27/2008 9:58:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Awesome story. I just found it yesterday and could not stop reading. Please don't let a few insensitive comments keep you from finishing it. I read all the posts between your chapters and got a feel for how much your story meant to so many Arfcom members. I also understand the personal sacrifices you made to keep it going over the past two years.

Thanks again.

Link Posted: 8/27/2008 3:44:19 PM EDT
[#50]

Originally Posted By ajnac4fl:
Awesome story. I just found it yesterday and could not stop reading. Please don't let a few insensitive comments keep you from finishing it. I read all the posts between your chapters and got a feel for how much your story meant to so many Arfcom members. I also understand the personal sacrifices you made to keep it going over the past two years.

Thanks again.

I'm still working on the last chapter and epilogue (gonna post them simultaneously). Dunno when they'll be done though.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top