Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2017 6:01:06 PM EDT
Anyone use one?  Are they any good?  
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 4:40:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Badlands Diablo.  It has been a good daypack for me on early season hunts.  Carries plenty of gear and the Hypervent keeps my back cool.  Some people have issues with the zipper handles breaking, but I just try to be careful and they have not been a problem.  If there is a problem, it is guaranteed for life.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 4:54:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one, the model with the mesh back and a frame to keep the pack off your back .  Small, like 1800ci.  Seemed like a great idea for my archery hunting since it is usually warm by mid day.

I tried to like it for two years, it just did not fit me well.  I'm pretty tall 6'4, so that may be the problem.   Held up well, and it took a lot of use/abuse.     It might end up on the EE cheap, I really have too many packs.

This year I had to have something different that I knew would fit.  I'm in my pack most of the day, and carry a pretty decent load for elk.  Water alone is 8 lbs.    So I bit the bullet and am trying a Kuiu ultra 3000 CI pack.  A little bigger than what I need, but all the outerwear I strip off as it warms up from 30 degrees to 60+ can now go into the pack instead of hanging off it.

Just got it , so adjustable I think it would really fit most, but I got a tall frame anyway.   Cool thing is I can put an elk quarter in between the pack and frame, get back to camp, pull the bag off and use the frame as a freighter.

I'll see, first I gotta stick a elk.   Did a few short hikes already and this is easily the most comfortable pack ever on my back.

Back on your question, I think the badlands stuff is pretty well made and has a lifetime warranty.  The hydration bladder pocket on mine was a poor design since it took three hands to get a full bladder back in, but that was handled with some camelback quick couplers and a 10 liter bladder I hang in camp.   I can fill my camelback without even taking a pack off my back, and have.

Here's some pics of my old and new.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 10:40:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Superday pack and have had it for years.  It has held up for 9 seasons, five months out of the year.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 7:18:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one, the model with the mesh back and a frame to keep the pack off your back .  Small, like 1800ci.  Seemed like a great idea for my archery hunting since it is usually warm by mid day.

I tried to like it for two years, it just did not fit me well.  I'm pretty tall 6'4, so that may be the problem.   Held up well, and it took a lot of use/abuse.     It might end up on the EE cheap, I really have too many packs.

This year I had to have something different that I knew would fit.  I'm in my pack most of the day, and carry a pretty decent load for elk.  Water alone is 8 lbs.    So I bit the bullet and am trying a Kuiu ultra 3000 CI pack.  A little bigger than what I need, but all the outerwear I strip off as it warms up from 30 degrees to 60+ can now go into the pack instead of hanging off it.

Just got it , so adjustable I think it would really fit most, but I got a tall frame anyway.   Cool thing is I can put an elk quarter in between the pack and frame, get back to camp, pull the bag off and use the frame as a freighter.

I'll see, first I gotta stick a elk.   Did a few short hikes already and this is easily the most comfortable pack ever on my back.

Back on your question, I think the badlands stuff is pretty well made and has a lifetime warranty.  The hydration bladder pocket on mine was a poor design since it took three hands to get a full bladder back in, but that was handled with some camelback quick couplers and a 10 liter bladder I hang in camp.   I can fill my camelback without even taking a pack off my back, and have.

Here's some pics of my old and new.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/857/IMG-4346-270603.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/857/IMG-4341-270609.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/857/IMG-4342-270608.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/857/IMG-4345-270607.JPG
View Quote
I have the same one as your old one. It's ok, I've taken it on a few hunts. As a day pack I prefer a smaller pack with no frame. It doesn't fit me particularly well either, I'm 6' 250lbs.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 2:38:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I had their OX frame for hauling meat.  Its really really comfortable and can easily carry more than you can.  They used to make a model with the OX frame that came with a pack but i believe it's discontinued.  They're supposed to be rolling out a new pack soon to take it's spot.  Might be worth checking in to
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 1:43:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the large fanny pack that I use for archery.  I broke a buckle one year and sent them an email.  They mailed me a bag full of replacements.  

I don't do any back country stuff, so I can't speak for that, but I'd buy from them again.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 2:39:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a week now of pretty hardcore elk hunting with the Kuiu .  Like finding a trail is a treat hardcore.

This new pack was well worth the $.   Might be the adjustments to perfectly fit the pack, the carbon fiber frame or both.  This thing makes a load feel lighter than it should.   Still got to stick the elk to really test it.

The pack,frame and suspension are only 3 lbs. too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top