Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2016 4:38:30 AM EDT
Anyone got anything good yet? Caught this guy walking through, I didn't get the special draw for Any Buck in the GMU though, so I'll be limited to elk spikes if I stay in this unit this year (no chance at this guy)... same dates there is also 3pt min on mule deer as a second opportunity though. Trying muzzleloader this year.  

Lots of cows, a few deer (a spike and a couple does), and a few coyotes caught in the last month.

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 3:54:10 PM EDT
[#1]
What lick do you have out? They seem to like it.

I have my cameras on Video so not sure if i can post any here without Youtube and Im not a fan,

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 5:56:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet pictures
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 6:46:52 PM EDT
[#3]
the neighborhood Bobcat

Link Posted: 6/25/2016 1:42:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What lick do you have out? They seem to like it.

I have my cameras on Video so not sure if i can post any here without Youtube and Im not a fan,

View Quote

Just took a giant 50 lb trace mineral salt block from a farm store and cut it in 3rds. They're like $6, much better deal than the deer ones. (do NOT use a saw you care about to cut it and do it outside, shit makes a mess and even if you clean your blade it will eventually cause rust)

Also put buck juice all over the stump and log there, I've been trying to make it up every other week or so after rains to replenish some of it (public land although it is a little bit off the beaten path).

Looks like Muzzleloader for early hunt I get 9 days to get a spike bull elk (1 pt on either side, doesn't have to be a true spike) or a 3 pt or better (at least 1 side has to have 3 pts) buck mule deer... Then if I don't punch my tag I can come back for modern rifle for the 3 pt deer and there is a late elk hunt too, but I don't think it's open in this region. It's the elk tag I'd really like to fill this year, but so far with the probably 10 different bulls I saw this last month, not one would be a legal spike
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 8:20:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like you need to do a little predator hunting. Nice bull in the first pick OP.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 5:58:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I should update this... Caught a bear and a bunch of other beautiful not legal bulls...
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 8:12:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I should update this... Caught a bear and a bunch of other beautiful not legal bulls...
View Quote

What constitutes legal in WA? Here for the most part it's spikes you have to leave Alone, with the exception of archery hunters. Any other bull is GTG.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 6:07:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Depends on the GMU, where that was taken it is spike only unless you get drawn for a "quality" tag...
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 10:54:30 AM EDT
[#9]
That's cool you can bait on public land in Washington, we can't do that here in Colorado .... pisses me off

Link Posted: 8/7/2016 2:31:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Here are a few Bulls.

Link Posted: 8/8/2016 7:09:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Interesting asymmetry on that last one!

Here a couple bear shots I got.

Link Posted: 8/15/2016 11:13:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for posting up the pics. I hunt a spike only unit as well (didn't pull a good tag this year) so Im sure all mine will be quality bulls as well lol.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 3:55:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Had some good updates this time, lots of game, all deer and elk.

Here's a legal deer

Some nice bulls

And some cows and a young little guy

Link Posted: 8/15/2016 5:21:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Are those Tule elk?
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 5:47:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Should be Roosevelt and/or Rocky Mountain. WA WDFW says hybrids are common in this region. I certainly am not an expert.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:35:25 AM EDT
[#16]
No elk on mine. this area was full of them last year. The fire that came through in July must have really changed their migration path.

Small buck

Good buck

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top