Link Posted: 10/9/2016 1:49:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 6:21:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What does that beast weigh?
View Quote

13 lbs give or take. It loses the sunshade and bipod for hunting.

Link Posted: 10/9/2016 6:22:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It's a toad.  Over 13 lbs.  but sweet to shoot I bet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What does that beast weigh?

It's a toad.  Over 13 lbs.  but sweet to shoot I bet.

Its a great shooter if I feed it well. Loves 175gr FGMM
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 6:23:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Stop it.  You guys are making me want to take my 7.62 tOBR with me when I head back to Idaho for rifle elk.  I do NOT want to be hiking around at 7500 feet in steep ass wilderness with a 12+ pound rifle!
View Quote

Builds character
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 6:30:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If I were you I'd beg, borrow or buy a 6-8 lb 30-06/270.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 9:16:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

This X2.  For me, weight is EVERYTHING when it comes to an elk rifle, but i hunt in the mountains in MT.  Spend a week lugging around a heavy gun while hiking all over the hills?  No thanks, especially since I'm a flat lander the other 51 weeks of the year.

I carry a Rem model 7 in 308 with an Aimpoint Micro red dot sight.  I think it's a shade under, or right at 6 pounds.  Had my gunsmith install sling attach points on the side of the stock so I can carry the gun out front hands free if need be, just like patrol rifle carry.  Works for me anyway, YMMV

Link Posted: 10/15/2016 10:21:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This X2.  For me, weight is EVERYTHING when it comes to an elk rifle, but i hunt in the mountains in MT.  Spend a week lugging around a heavy gun while hiking all over the hills?  No thanks, especially since I'm a flat lander the other 51 weeks of the year.

I carry a Rem model 7 in 308 with an Aimpoint Micro red dot sight.  I think it's a shade under, or right at 6 pounds.  Had my gunsmith install sling attach points on the side of the stock so I can carry the gun out front hands free if need be, just like patrol rifle carry.  Works for me anyway, YMMV

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

Dude you rock a red dot on your bolt gun elk hunting in MT? That's a unique set up for sure my friend.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top