Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2015 11:07:07 AM EDT
1895 Oberndorf 7mm Mauser w/140 Nosler ballistic tips (handholds).  Not hunting for or planning on shooting anything big.  Not my first choice in bullet construction either.  But surprisingly the ballistic tips preformed better than I'd expected.  Still would not choose ballistic tips if I do this again.

Killed the cow (around 135 yard shot) and the pass through shot took the calf out through the head.  Nobody saw (heavy rain and wind) the calf behind the cow in the grass so it was collateral damage.  The cow ran about 35 yards up and 40 over and was found dead.  37"

Boar (175 lb) was a bonus.

Link Posted: 12/15/2015 11:21:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Great shoot op. They are beautiful animals. Which state did you get it in? Some of my neighbors used to raise them in Texas.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 11:34:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you,

TX
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top