Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2015 6:09:58 PM EDT

Italian-
8lbs meat (2lb 70/30 ground beef + 6 lbs elk)
4 tbsp kosher salt
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp black pepper
6 tbsp paprika
8 tbsp fennel
4 tsp cayenne
2 tsp sage
4 tbsp Italian Seasoning

Holy crap it's good!  I mixed the dry ingredients with olive oil (didn't measure, just until it was all moistened) before mixing in with the meat.  Stuffed into hog casing.  My wife has been reluctant to eat any of the elk, it's little dry for her.  But this is amazing.  Easily trumps store bought.

Link Posted: 11/7/2015 6:16:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Food of the Gods!  

Good recipe, looks good. What do you stuff with? I have an old Lehman's hand crank stuffer that we've made a lot of brats and Italian's with.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 7:17:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Food of the Gods!  

Good recipe, looks good. What do you stuff with? I have an old Lehman's hand crank stuffer that we've made a lot of brats and Italian's with.
View Quote

7lb hakka brand hand crank stuffer.  Worked great.  Only question I had, maybe you can help me with it? How do you get the last of the meat out?  There was probably a 1/2 lb I couldn't press out so I just made some patties
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 8:28:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a similar model to this only it's about 25 years older. As you can see, the filler tube is below the bottom of the press so the press plate pushes out all but about 2 tablespoons of meat. Very efficient, but a couple of patties to fry up and sample with some good brown mustard afterwards isn't bad.

" />
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 12:24:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 10:08:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Grind a slice or two of bread to help push all the meat out
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 6:15:03 PM EDT
[#6]
They look delicious! Well done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top