Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2015 4:30:27 PM EDT
From the looks of things, I drew a AZ buffalo tag for this fall (most likely cow/yearling).  Hunt units are 12A, 12B and 13A.  That's a lot of space. I need to narrow things down a bit and rifine my focus.

I'm in the SW part of the state; pre-season scouting opportunites are limited.

Does anyone have any insight into hunting buffalo in AZ that they would be willing share?  Any/all info would be greatly appreciated.  

SS
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 6:04:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone???

I need some help!
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 6:43:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Try the AZ HTF
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 7:05:55 PM EDT
[#3]
East side of the road to the north rim. Find the park boundary. Walk along the boundary staying out of the park and look for tracks where they have been going into the park. they go into the park alot. follow the tracks away from the park in the morning. shoot straight and bring enough gun.

How many BP did you have?

My dad and I are still waiting hes got 20 something BP by now i think
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:13:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
East side of the road to the north rim. Find the park boundary. Walk along the boundary staying out of the park and look for tracks where they have been going into the park. they go into the park alot. follow the tracks away from the park in the morning. shoot straight and bring enough gun.

How many BP did you have?

My dad and I are still waiting hes got 20 something BP by now i think
View Quote

Thanks for the inputs.  There's a bunch of country up there.

Your talking about the road headed south from Jacob Lake - Route 67 right?  I've never been in that area but plan to scout over the Labor Day weekend.

I had 15 total points for buffalo.  

Hunted javelina in the spring, and have a deer tag and cow elk tag for 10 as well.  This year has been very good to me.

EDIT - I've got a .338 Win Mag pushing 225 gr tsx (Buffalo Bore stuff). Should do the trick.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 7:06:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Go to Coueswhitetail.com . There is a section for buffalo. IIRC, there is a guy named Russ who can give you good info.
I've heard the buffalo go in and out of the park and will run back to the park after the 1st gunshots.
Good luck! Let us know how it goes. I've got 27 points and just waiting for the right time to go.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 11:13:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go to Coueswhitetail.com . There is a section for buffalo. IIRC, there is a guy named Russ who can give you good info.
I've heard the buffalo go in and out of the park and will run back to the park after the 1st gunshots.
Good luck! Let us know how it goes. I've got 27 points and just waiting for the right time to go.
View Quote

Thanks for info - off to read everything they've got to say about it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top