Link Posted: 8/25/2015 6:25:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I put 5 rounds of Barnes 168 TSX through the boiler house of an Idaho elk at 240 yards.  He still ran a mile.  With silver dollar sized exit wounds.  Two through the lungs.  Elk are extremely tough animals.  I would go with at least a >180 class bullet in greater than or equal to >.30 cal.

YMMV

168gr vld

https://youtu.be/RrQqPdRgw_w

Wow, very impressive results.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:09:50 AM EDT
[#2]
this was from a 300 win mag. 180 gr nolser partition at 25 feet on a bear. still held decent weight at that velocity

picture below shows the entrance hole, not the exit

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:42:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Being able to practice with the rifle/cartridge is important, since no matter what caliber is used, we need the shot to be right.  Proficiency with the rifle equals higher probability of placing the shot through the vitals.

Lower recoiling cartridges increase hit probability, but there is concern over lighter projectiles and their penetration, especially when looking at bone.  It's one of the reasons I like high sectional density bullets.

For the AR15, which offers a lightweight solution for smaller hunters, 6.5 Grendel makes a lot of sense, and has been used on several elk hunts with quick kills on both bulls and cows.

Instant DRT with 6.5 Grendel on Cow Elk

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 4:31:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I shot my cow at 725 yards this year using a 260 Remington with the Barnes 127 LRX. Complete pass through and the elk went less than 10 yards and faceplanted. No reason you can't do the same with the .243, though I'm a huge 6.5 fan overall. My wife shoots her .260 well.

I'd have taken the same shot on a big bull, btw. Only had a cow tag this year, though.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 4:39:38 AM EDT
[#5]
My daughter got her cow this year with my 6.5 grendel. 60 or so yards. 123gr Hornady sst. MV about 2350.  Punched through the shoulder destroyed the heart and lungs. Elk jumped up in the air and was dead before she hit the ground. Not even a single drop of blood from the entry wound. Instant heart stoppage.

You dont need a cannon to kill any animal in North America.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:24:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So I'm trying to set up a rifle for my wife for elk in Nevada this year and a friend of hers has her convinced that .243 is good enough.

She currently has a Tikka .308 that she hates shooting because of the recoil and was going to trade it for a Tikka .243 but from what I've been reading this isn't really optimal for elk.

Any other suggestions for a light recoiling caliber that's large enough for elk or will the .243 work?  I've also been looking at 6.5 Grendel so she can stick with the AR platform which she is comfortable with.

Thanks in advance for the help.
View Quote

A .243 will kill elk stone cold dead. Lots of wives and kids use them successfully here in Idaho.  Last year my daughter hunted with my custom Tikka in 6mm Remington and I was not worried in the least. This year she is stepping up to a .308 Tikka for an all around rifle though. I had a brake installed on it and it is a pretty soft recoiling gun.

Though I have a few belted magnum hunting rifles, they rarely get used. I usually just grab my 308 Tikka. It has been dropping elk year after year.

If you decide to ditch the Tikka and are anywhere close to southern Idaho/Jackpot Nevada, PM me.

I have a couple Tikka .308s, and would not object to another. I am sure I might have something of interest for a trade.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 1:44:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Have you thought about putting a muzzle brake and a Limbsaver recoil pad on the Tikka?  

Total cost would be around $400.  Go with a KDF break.  Bring the recoil down to about a .223.  Add the Limbsaver for insurance.

Those Tikka T3 rifle from the factory are butt kickers.  My son's .270 was painful to shoot until he added a Limbsaver.
View Quote

That's true. I have a few tikkas and the factory pad is rock hard and beats the shit out of you. The limb saver pad made a huge difference. So put a limb saver on it and load the 308 with 125 accubond or 130 Barnes TTSX (the latter being preferred) and call it a day. Been there done that. The 130 Barnes will be fine. If you don't reload, don't buy a rifle and buy a basic reloading kit.

Recoil is a function of bullet weight, velocity, powder charge and rifle weight. So given equal rifle weights, the 260, 6.5 CM, 7-08, etc with 140s will have essentially the same recoil as a 150 or 130 308. The difference is indistinguishable. However, "felt" recoil is related to many subjective as well as objective things; stock shape, recoil pad,brake, all have an effect.

Bottom line is put the limbsaver on and shoot some Barnes 130. If that still hurts her, then you are going to have to drop bullet weight or put a brake on.

If you don't believe me, Google "recoil calculator" and plug in the numbers yourself. I have experience with all the calibers being mentioned, and really don't notice a drastic change in recoil until I get down to 90gr in the 243. My wife's rifle is a 243 loaded with 90 gr scirroccos. She took that out for elk. She didn't get one (I did) but I felt ok wither carrying that. Why? Because the recoil was comfortable for her enough where she gots lots of practice in and enjoyed shooting the rifle. Shot placement and bullet performance trump caliber.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 7:25:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd shoot a light load in 308 to practice and a 168 TSX on game day.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 6:58:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'd shoot a light load in 308 to practice and a 168 TSX on game day.
View Quote

Like my youngest says ... They don't kick when there's hair in the scope.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 11:40:23 AM EDT
[#10]
In summary, from my personal opinion and perspective, not a pro elk hunter/guide, but taken a few

1) if possible use the largest and most high  energy quality cartridge you can shoot well, I prefer .300 Win magnum, and my rifle does have a brake. My back-up is an '06.
2) if not possible to use a higher energy and larger diameter cartridge, then use high quality bullet designed for deep penetration, with good shot placement, history has proven this can work, just more risk of a wounded animal getting away instead of knocked down.

Let your conscience and skill level be your guide.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:32:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That's true. I have a few tikkas and the factory pad is rock hard and beats the shit out of you. The limb saver pad made a huge difference. So put a limb saver on it and load the 308 with 125 accubond or 130 Barnes TTSX (the latter being preferred) and call it a day. Been there done that. The 130 Barnes will be fine. If you don't reload, don't buy a rifle and buy a basic reloading kit.

Recoil is a function of bullet weight, velocity, powder charge and rifle weight. So given equal rifle weights, the 260, 6.5 CM, 7-08, etc with 140s will have essentially the same recoil as a 150 or 130 308. The difference is indistinguishable. However, "felt" recoil is related to many subjective as well as objective things; stock shape, recoil pad,brake, all have an effect.

Bottom line is put the limbsaver on and shoot some Barnes 130. If that still hurts her, then you are going to have to drop bullet weight or put a brake on.

If you don't believe me, Google "recoil calculator" and plug in the numbers yourself. I have experience with all the calibers being mentioned, and really don't notice a drastic change in recoil until I get down to 90gr in the 243. My wife's rifle is a 243 loaded with 90 gr scirroccos. She took that out for elk. She didn't get one (I did) but I felt ok wither carrying that. Why? Because the recoil was comfortable for her enough where she gots lots of practice in and enjoyed shooting the rifle. Shot placement and bullet performance trump caliber.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Have you thought about putting a muzzle brake and a Limbsaver recoil pad on the Tikka?  

Total cost would be around $400.  Go with a KDF break.  Bring the recoil down to about a .223.  Add the Limbsaver for insurance.

Those Tikka T3 rifle from the factory are butt kickers.  My son's .270 was painful to shoot until he added a Limbsaver.

Try shooting a savage 99f with a steel butt pad.  Gun weights around 7 pounds.  I never knew a 308 could kick that bad.  But shot it after 8 rounds of my 444 and the recoil seemed miild.  I guess its all what you are used to.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:34:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If he handloads nothing wrong with the 130 ttsx at a sedate 2700 to 2800 fps should be close to a starting load with most powders and recoil will be a good bit less than 150's.  Just would keep shots to 200 yards max with that load.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If he handloads nothing wrong with the 130 ttsx at a sedate 2700 to 2800 fps should be close to a starting load with most powders and recoil will be a good bit less than 150's.  Just would keep shots to 200 yards max with that load.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 4:18:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I have actually been giving a similar discussion a lot of thought, as I look for something for my youngest to use when he is old enough.  I have used a 30-06, 338 Win Mag, and 45-70.  I have seen others use from a .243 up to 375 H&H.  I think most of my rilfes will have to much recoil and looking for something lighter, as well as planning for a future sheep hunt for myself.  A good friend uses a 7-08 and 260 for elk hunting and has really good success.  While researching the Tikka's, I saw they offer it in 6.5x55 and 30-06.

My choices are:

1) Get a new caliber in 6.5x55.  Surplus military ammo is available for a decent price for practice, it has a good SD and the recoil is fairly tame.

2) Get a newer, lighter '06.  Load up lighter recoiling rounds with H4895, Trail Boss, etc. and use those for the range.  I will sight in full power loads.  Then use the full power loads when hunting.

Do you a reload or are you using factory ammo?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 4:27:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 11:26:10 PM EDT
[#15]
9.3 x 62 is what you seek!  

Used all over Canada and the Nordic countries for moose-sized objects. Works like the Hammer of Thor (just ask 'em! This is the internet... you can do that!)

Mine is a very nice CZ550 American topped with a Leupold VX3  2.5-8 x 32 . The standard single-set trigger is really sweet.

(It's on the right)

Link Posted: 3/5/2016 10:36:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I started shooting elk with a 270 when I was a kid. Now I use a 308. I think they are both great rounds for elk.

I would love to get a 300 RUM tho
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:27:19 AM EDT
[#17]
6.5x55 SE (This is a great low recoil cartridge with plenty of power in a modern rifle)
7mm-08
25-06

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:56:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

168gr vld

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I put 5 rounds of Barnes 168 TSX through the boiler house of an Idaho elk at 240 yards.  He still ran a mile.  With silver dollar sized exit wounds.  Two through the lungs.  Elk are extremely tough animals.  I would go with at least a >180 class bullet in greater than or equal to >.30 cal.

YMMV

168gr vld

A lucky bad shot  immoral shot .  Just happened to hit the spine in the neck.
POI was more than 12" away from POA.

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 11:18:35 AM EDT
[#19]
.257 Roberts or .25-06, How about 6.5 x 55 Swede or Creedmoor?  All those with at least a 120 gr bullet should fit. Low recoil and better SD than .243 bullets.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 10:27:58 PM EDT
[#20]
6.5 Creedmore? Anyone use it?
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 11:27:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have one would use it, I used the 7mm-08 140 grain BT and thats damn near the same as the 6.5 with the 140s.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:24:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

is been done before.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:32:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

is been done before.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

is been done before.

I'm looking At buying another 6.5 Creedmoor. This would be a deer/ antelope gun. But maybe for elk too. I also have a 7mm Rem Mag already that I could use. I just hate practicing with it. Gun punches hard.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:37:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'm looking At buying another 6.5 Creedmoor. This would be a deer/ antelope gun. But maybe for elk too. I also have a 7mm Rem Mag already that I could use. I just hate practicing with it. Gun punches hard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

is been done before.

7mm would definitely be a better choice over a 6.5 c.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:42:51 AM EDT
[#25]
It is really all about shot placement. There, I said it.

We know the vitals on an elk cover a big area.  We also know they can travel a long way to die from a solid lung shot.  The only sure way to drop them right there is to break the front shoulder, which will also often take the heart out too.  Neck/head shots will do it too, as long as you don't blow their lower jaw off. Like the nice bull I found rotting one year missing his lower jaw.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 9:22:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

is been done before.

Wear a coat.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 10:24:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Always like these debates on minimum caliber for elk or whatever.  Is it about shot placement?  Absolutely.  A 22LR will take one if its a head shot!  In my occasionally humble opinion, what its REALLY about is being an ethical hunter.....making a quick, humane kill.  Will a 243 kill an elk?  Absolutely.....WITH NEAR PERFECT SHOT PLACEMENT.  We hear examples of elk taken with them, but that doesn't mean it's right.  And where are the stories of lost animals?!  If the truth is told, we all know damned well that too many animals are lost every year with all calibers so why risk using a lesser and/or marginal caliber?  Somebody trying to prove a point of some kind?  Trying to put hunters in the field that are not ready or not able for some reason?  There no respect for the animal or value of a resource in that and it's sure not demonstrating or teaching ethical hunting.  People can make up their own mind but that's my opinion after more than a half century of hunting.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 12:56:24 PM EDT
[#28]
7mm/08 with 140 grn Nosler Partitions Is a nice balance of low recoil and sufficient energy.

I've taken 2 Elks with a Model 94 Winchester 30/30 with 170 grn Nosler Partition bullets. Keep ranges reasonable and shot placement is important.

Link Posted: 8/8/2016 2:50:29 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

YMMV

168gr vld

Oh really?  please explain.  Using a hold over, with all sorts of wind variables, how is that an "immoral shot" oh great white hunter?  I have shot at 1200 yards on a hunt, and there are tons of variables when hunting.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 6:56:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Guys kill a bunch of them with arrows every year.
View Quote

Pretty much what I was thinking.

That said, I'm close to pulling the trigger on a 270. Of course I doubt I'll ever have the opportunity to tag an elk.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 7:04:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Oh really?  please explain.  Using a hold over, with all sorts of wind variables, how is that an "immoral shot" oh great white hunter?  I have shot at 1200 yards on a hunt, and there are tons of variables when hunting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

YMMV

168gr vld

are you on LRH?
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 8:21:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

YMMV

168gr vld

I believe he was commenting, he clearly states it, that point of impact was far from point of aim. Could just as easily have drifted a little more and blew off her jaw, or the other way and gut shot.

Shoot to your capabilities, but across two canyons at sundown with all that air movement is an iffy shot to take.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 10:42:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Sounds like a great excuse to get a 6.5 Creedmoor or a 260.  

Link Posted: 8/10/2016 2:14:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Took my cow last year with a .308 shooting 150 gr TTSX
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 3:32:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 4:53:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
In 2008, using a 6.5 Grendel,  with 1 shot, I killed a Colorado bull stone dead at 410 yards.

View Quote

In 2015 I stoned a B&C antelope at 410 with 15 shots from a 270 wsm so suck it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 9:15:54 PM EDT
[#37]
As a devout follower of Saint Elmer Keith, my favorite calibers are the 44 Magnum and the 338 Win Mag. I have killed an elk with one of these, hopefully I'll get a chance to kill an elk with a rifle some day.

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 6:31:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 6:44:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In 2008, using a 6.5 Grendel,  with 1 shot, I killed a Colorado bull stone dead at 410 yards.

lol
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 6:45:41 AM EDT
[#40]
i believe im going to be using a 28 nosler this year for elk. im not sure yet as the rifles isnt finished being built yet
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 9:05:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Wear a coat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

is been done before.

Wear a coat.

Its amazing how much difference a heavy coat makes!  Its like putting a extra pad on the rifle.  Also the recoil shields that you wear are really good, better than any pad I have ever used.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 9:15:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Always like these debates on minimum caliber for elk or whatever.  Is it about shot placement?  Absolutely.  A 22LR will take one if its a head shot!  In my occasionally humble opinion, what its REALLY about is being an ethical hunter.....making a quick, humane kill.  Will a 243 kill an elk?  Absolutely.....WITH NEAR PERFECT SHOT PLACEMENT.  We hear examples of elk taken with them, but that doesn't mean it's right.  And where are the stories of lost animals?!  If the truth is told, we all know damned well that too many animals are lost every year with all calibers so why risk using a lesser and/or marginal caliber?  Somebody trying to prove a point of some kind?  Trying to put hunters in the field that are not ready or not able for some reason?  There no respect for the animal or value of a resource in that and it's sure not demonstrating or teaching ethical hunting.  People can make up their own mind but that's my opinion after more than a half century of hunting.  
View Quote

Agree to me anything in the 243 class just doesn't have the energy.  A 223 will kill them with perfect broadside shots at 75 yards but its a unethical choice. Really decent(read not marginal in perfect conditions) the bare min elk caliber is the 7mm08 with a premium 140 grain bullet.  Just about anyone can shoot that caliber well with a little practice.  I have used the 308 on one and at 150 yards it did the job with authority.  I have a buddy that guides and he says the 270 and 308 will take them with authority out to about 200(some loads to 250) they will still cleanly take elk out to 300 or 350 yards but your not likely to see them drop on the spot.  You can add another 50 yards with the 06.  The magnums like the 300 wsm and 300 win mag will make a difference out at 350 to 400 yards(they can take a elk cleanly at 500 but I won't personally shoot that far on unwounded game) those magnums just heat harder once you get past normal ranges.(for me shooting them past 400 is mostly not needed work a little harder to get closer!)
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 9:18:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

YMMV

168gr vld

I have to agree thats a unethical shot with the 308(in my opinion its unethical with any caliber but at least I could understand the arguement on something with a lot of juice left) and its simply not hunting banging away at 1200 yards its shooting.  

Link Posted: 8/18/2016 9:25:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Those calibers don't have the juice to take elk cleanly and humanely(consistently at 400 to 500 yards)  I wouldn't personally use either for elk at any range but I can understand others opinions but those calibers aren't moving fast enough at 400 to open up wide and they are already only .264, especially with a tough bullet needed for deep penetration.  I would rather have a bullet thats capable of getting the necessary penetration on less than ideal angles at close range than one that requires perfect broadside shots. Its not about energy but the hole you make in the animals vitals.  A 4570 has cleanly taken them at that range and its doesn't have much energy at 400 yards but even if there is no expansion you are getting the same hole as a expanded .264 bullet.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 1:10:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Those calibers don't have the juice to take elk cleanly and humanely(consistently at 400 to 500 yards)  I wouldn't personally use either for elk at any range but I can understand others opinions but those calibers aren't moving fast enough at 400 to open up wide and they are already only .264, especially with a tough bullet needed for deep penetration.  I would rather have a bullet thats capable of getting the necessary penetration on less than ideal angles at close range than one that requires perfect broadside shots. Its not about energy but the hole you make in the animals vitals.  A 4570 has cleanly taken them at that range and its doesn't have much energy at 400 yards but even if there is no expansion you are getting the same hole as a expanded .264 bullet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys drop the hammer on a lot of elk in PA? People blow this caliber thing way the fuck out of proportion. Unless long range shooting is something you do all the time and are very proficient at you shouldn't be shooting at a elk over 400 yards any ways. If your shooting far all the time your not asking for recommendations on the internet. Ya want to kill a elk with a 6.5 creedmoor? I see nothing wrong with it just make sure you put the bullet in the right spot like you have to do with any caliber.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 9:08:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You guys drop the hammer on a lot of elk in PA? People blow this caliber thing way the fuck out of proportion. Unless long range shooting is something you do all the time and are very proficient at you shouldn't be shooting at a elk over 400 yards any ways. If your shooting far all the time your not asking for recommendations on the internet. Ya want to kill a elk with a 6.5 creedmoor? I see nothing wrong with it just make sure you put the bullet in the right spot like you have to do with any caliber.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No we don't PA only gives out 50 to 75 elk tags a year!  I have shot two elk(one at 125yards the other just short of 200) and have seen several others shot(furthest shot was 290 on a wounded bull), also a friend is a guide and sees a lot of elk shot.  As I said in other post I won't personally shoot past 400 no matter what caliber I am using unless the animal has already been wounded.  I was responding to the poster who said the 260 or 6.5 creedmor after a post saying about 400 to 500 yard shots.  To me those cartridges will work, again I wouldn't personally use either at any range, but they can be eithical if you limit the range and shot presentation.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 10:29:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No we don't PA only gives out 50 to 75 elk tags a year!  I have shot two elk(one at 125yards the other just short of 200) and have seen several others shot(furthest shot was 290 on a wounded bull), also a friend is a guide and sees a lot of elk shot.  As I said in other post I won't personally shoot past 400 no matter what caliber I am using unless the animal has already been wounded.  I was responding to the poster who said the 260 or 6.5 creedmor after a post saying about 400 to 500 yard shots.  To me those cartridges will work, again I wouldn't personally use either at any range, but they can be eithical if you limit the range and shot presentation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i agree . smallest 6.5 cartridge id use for elk would be a 26 nosler or 6.5-300 weatherby. the creedmoor will work, but imo getting into the too small territory .  i always recommend someone to be good out to 600 yards when elk hunting, you never know they hunt will present you
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 10:32:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

i agree . smallest 6.5 cartridge id use for elk would be a 26 nosler or 6.5-300 weatherby. the creedmoor will work, but imo getting into the too small territory .  i always recommend someone to be good out to 600 yards when elk hunting, you never know they hunt will present you
View Quote

And do some cardio. Because that 500 yard shot might be after hauling ass up the side of a mountain.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 11:00:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

And do some cardio. Because that 500 yard shot might be after hauling ass up the side of a mountain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yup . it happens , but thats elk hunting. my father in law got hit with pouring rains for a week when he was in Wyoming 2 years ago. they didn't see anything until the very last day . 450 yard shot on the next hill . he wasn't about to pass it up because of some extra hiking
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 6:57:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree with it all
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top