Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2014 11:26:00 AM EDT
Hello all,
I am going to pick up a 7mm-08 next week or so.  It will be used for coyote hunting and also some deer and elk.  The most use it will receive will be prarrie dog killing.  I know that 7mm-08 is not the best for pdogs, but they sure are good practice for the other animals. I point this out because I need some magnification, Not just the standard 3-9x.  I am thinking going to 14 or 16x, but still have a low power like 3 or so on the low end.

I have a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18 that I love, but the 6x isn't low enough IMO.  They used to make a buckmaster 4-14, but this seems to have stopped.

The other thing is I would like a reticle that I can use for ranging.  I have mil-dots in the buckmaster that I have and really like them.  So, something with mildots would be good.

Budget?  $300ish.

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 3:41:07 AM EDT
[#1]

Zeiss Terra's come on sale for $300ish from time to time, doesn't have mill dots..  I would choose an 3x9 or 4x12 for a do it all hunting scope. That is where I would put my money.
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 10:19:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Vortex viper hs 4x16 or the 2.5x10 if you can give up a bit of distance
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 11:59:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Check the sample list on SWFA, you can sometimes find a good deal. If you can bump up your budget, bushnell elite 6500 has 2.5-16. It's in the $500 range new, though
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top