Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2017 9:25:22 PM EDT
So our family got 2 Nigerian dwarf goats two weeks ago. They are both 2 months old and we got the with the potential to breed them in the future. Well me and the wife unit noticed the buck chasing the doe around trying to mount her. We know that the Doe can get pregnant at 4 months but not to allow her to until being a year old. She's not in heat or anything, so do we need to be concerned? Any action need taken.

Thanks in advance this is a pretty new area for us.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:45:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope, little billies will start making mounting each other about the time their little horns poke up let alone a mount a doe.  Good luck planning your breeding if you keep them together

Currently at 9 goats and climbing.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 11:09:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Those little bastards hump anything and everything. He'll get protective and try to fight you eventually. He'll bruise your ass when you've got your back turned.

Mine tried to screw all my sheep and fought with my 300lb Suffolk ram. He even tried to hump my dog. Stink only begins to describe it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 11:41:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Never too early to figure out your exit strategy with goats..
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 6:55:40 AM EDT
[#4]
LOL we've had goats 10 years.
Have been buck free the last 9.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 10:39:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Attachment Attached File

Yesterday's goat issue..
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 5:55:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never too early to figure out your exit strategy with goats..
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 6:22:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Billy goats will reach around and blow themselves.  

Wait until you have to explain that to the kids...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 8:39:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Meat goats sell well to the Mexicans. Now I know enough not to let a goat on the place. If it can be gotten into they will get into it. Had a stray goat show up several years ago. Well the neighbors claimed it but they couldn't catch it. So time goes by and the little buck billy attacks the school bus one morning. Guess who got the blame and I literally hate goats! Did the neighbors who actually owned the goat come forward?  No! Luckily one of the deputies remembered the goat rodeo and helped jog the neighbors memory. During the goat rodeo the little billy hit him square in the baby bird eggs. Now the deputy was wanting to barrow my rifle to catch the little demon goat and the neighbors kid's started to cry so the little bastard got a reprieve.
Moral of the story is goats can be extremely expensive and traumatize a bus load of children. I suggest a very quick exit strategy. ..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top