Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2017 11:05:08 AM EDT
Anyone watch this? I think it's a pretty interesting show. Entertaining, sometimes educational, and they do some neat stuff.

Basically follows a team of guys who tear down old barns and other structures to salvage the wood. They also frequently do things like disassemble old cabins and then reassemble in another location. Sometimes they get into the history a bit too.

Not a perfect theme match for this forum but somehow I felt like it fits in well here.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 11:07:19 AM EDT
[#1]
They live local to me.  I see them around.  They were supposed to take down a little cabin my father bought, but the shooting got rained out, and they apparently decided to do something different.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 11:42:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I watch it.  My granddad had a dogtrot log cabin that I wanted to move to my ranch.  One of the aunts took it, piled it on the back of their ranch in Ok and it all burned up due to a grass fire last year.  Sucks.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 2:48:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I watched it a few times.  It is the same thing every week.  Run into a problem, find hidden damage, race against time, Johnny comes thru and saves the day.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 5:31:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I watch it for the history of the barns and building styles of that era.  It is awesome to see the size of those logs, and to know that they were growing as trees before the birth of our country.  I wish I could afford one of their cabins, but they bring a premium, and I believe they are worth every penny.  I want to make a trip to their store this summer,
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 9:35:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Its a decent show.   The finished projects that they go back to visit are really amazing.   Must be nice to have the kind of money it would take to have one finished inside and out like some of the ones they show.
The jokes are more than a little too corny.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top