Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2017 8:23:33 AM EDT
Long story short.
Had a bird ,age around 4 years die.
I had left for a trail run and wife had put it in a bag. I dig the hole,and wife says look. Bugs we're coming off her.
Not bugs but lil worms. Think ambeba looking. And off white. Non larger that 1/8 inch.
Weve had to cull and remove read birds before. Just never seen it. But then again,we never put a bird in a bag.
Wife only did it to store it in our back shed till I got back from running.

Anything I can treat the other birds with for, wait for us to start pooping out worms lol .even though we've had these birds awhile. It is our first rodeo per say with anything besides cats/dogs.
Could this be a cross contamination issues(i do give them yard clippings that may have dog/cat fecal matter- I don't scoop poop on over an acre).

Thoughts.....ideas...don't worry.
My butts itching is that bad
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 10:01:09 AM EDT
[#1]
The last post on the linked page has some information about wormers which will work with chickens.
byc
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 1:04:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Put diatomaceous earth in their feed.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 9:18:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
This just make sure it is food grade
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 9:07:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Along with the diatomaceous earth as suggested, we put a partial clove of garlic and a splash of apple cider vinegar in the waterers.  The garlic is recycled thru a few water changes until it breaks down.  We've not had any complaints of a taste issue in the eggs with the garlic and vinegar.  Be careful with the vinegar if you are using a galvanized waterer.  We have at least one plastic waterer so we can use the vinegar.

We do not use a commercial wormer and have had no problems with parasites.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 11:27:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah. Thought about doing that.
Picked up some wormer from TSC yesterday.
I got garlic so ill look into that as well.
Thx guys.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 3:31:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like chicken lice, not worms.  5% sevin dust on the birds, and roost poles, nest boxes, and floor of the coop will help
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 2:11:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top