Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2017 12:21:38 PM EDT
What do you all use around the outside and inside of your house to battle fleas ants and other various crawlies of the insect world. Live out in the woods and wife can't stand fleas. I've heard chickens will help keep them down outside but I'm also looking for other alternatives.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 3:28:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Permethrin and bifenthrin. I buy from domyownpestcontrol.com.

For inside I use one of the off the shelf products intended for use inside a house.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:21:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I've always heard that sprinkling Diatomaceous Earth around is a good way to control bugs. Never actually tried it though
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:26:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've always heard that sprinkling Diatomaceous Earth around is a good way to control bugs. Never actually tried it though
View Quote
I use DE for just about everything.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:30:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Permethrin and bifenthrin. I buy from domyownpestcontrol.com.

For inside I use one of the off the shelf products intended for use inside a house.
View Quote
That is what I do.

If that doesn't work.....
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:47:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Guineafowl
FTW Outside.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:10:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:44:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't get the cat to get the mouse; dog to get the cat approach. You'll just end up with something different, but equally bad. Why do people want all the vermin?  Push the woods back a little, and keep your yard neat and tidy is the best solution. The woods will have what it has always had, but you won't have as much at your house.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:09:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Permethrin and DE.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 9:29:55 AM EDT
[#9]
DE spread around coops, pens, and then the edge of the house. You do not want to inhale the dust though, so be reasonably careful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top