Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2017 12:23:39 PM EDT
Wife has big calves and can't find anything yet that fits her well. 20-21" without jeans. 

Turtleskin gaiters are expensive, not to mention their chap pricing but they look to be a leader in the product.

Some of the boost like Rocky Snake boots and Danner boots lace up and she might be able to make them work.

What say ye?  Boots/gaiters/chaps?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:41:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 4:02:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in South Florida where temps and humidity gets very high 9 months out of the year.  We also have more than our share of venomous snakes here.  I've used chaps gaiters years ago and decided they are not for me for all the reason you mentioned.  Now I wear a comfortable pair of snake boots all year long.  Currently I use Rocky Lynx and they are comfortable enough to wear all day long while hunting or working outside.  Based on my experience they are also completely waterproof at least in 10" deep stream or shallower water.  One thing I' a little disappointed with is their durability...I wear mine 4-8 days a month and after almost 2 years I can see the rubber heel starting to separate from the upper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top