Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2017 7:36:38 PM EDT
What can you guys tell me about NORTRAC tractors?  Specifically it's 1+ year old version of 35XT which is the 35HP 4WD model with agricultural tires.  It's the basic tractor with front loader and nothing else.  I believe these are made in China and then imported to add the US made loader.  

A neighbor got one a little more than a year ago to use on his property but never got around to doing anything with it and has put his property up for sale recently.  He never used it much and has about 50 hours on it at most and kept under his pole barn so it still look good/great.  I can get it by just taking over his monthly payment till the end which is $269 for next 39 months (total $10,500) or payoff for $9,500 or something like that.      

I have 20 acres with some pasture on it and I would use it occasionally on weekends for mowing with bush hog, moving dirt around and maybe grading some pasture and driveway with box grader.  Another words it would for occasional use and nothing serious.  

My main concern is reliability and availability of service later.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 8:06:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Run away. Run far away.

My uncle bought one. Nice utilitarian machine, until they break. Which they do often. Parts are direct order from China, if available. He regrets that purchase greatly. 

Also, ZERO resale value.

ETA: He said they are built cheap, really cheap. Everything is very light duty.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 8:16:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Run away. Run far away.

My uncle bought one. Nice utilitarian machine, until they break. Which they do often. Parts are direct order from China, if available. He regrets that purchase greatly. 

Also, ZERO resale value.

ETA: He said they are built cheap, really cheap. Everything is very light duty.
View Quote

I thought these were Jinma made tractors?!?!?
Jinma parts are readily available in US from many sources and most maintenance parts were standard US parts available from NAPA stores and such.  At least that was my understanding.
Do you know what broke on his tractor?
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:26:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't pay that much.  I think it would be worth something.  But, I would generally avoid that purchase.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:28:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I thought these were Jinma made tractors?!?!?
Jinma parts are readily available in US from many sources and most maintenance parts were standard US parts available from NAPA stores and such.  At least that was my understanding.
Do you know what broke on his tractor?
View Quote
Just lots of small stuff. Maybe there is a crossover with those jinma parts, I don't know. 
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 10:17:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Wouldn't touch it with a 10 ft pole.  For that kind of money look for a good used LS, Mahindra or Kioti.  They're not a Deere or Kubota but they're solid tractors.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 10:24:08 PM EDT
[#6]
If someone gave it to me maybe I'd keep it for emergencies. Definitely would not pay anything for one or be in a position where I had to rely on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top