Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2017 12:16:46 AM EDT
So I looked at a 2 owner 09 Kawasaki Teryx 4x4 this weekend and really liked it.  It had 355 hrs on it with a winch, new tires, upgraded wheels, soft doors and windshield.  He said lowest he'd go is $5,500 but I can maybe get him to $5,250 is that a pretty good deal? Mainly use it on my dads farm for checking crops and maybe even put a front hitch on it to pull behind stuff so you can leave tractor at field when you're done for the day.  Also would buy a snow plow for it for my driveway and go groundhog hunting with it.  I like it over like a gator cause it can go a decent speed I had it to 46 and let off lol.  So whats your guys experience with them they look like itd be a pain to change oil... Is it easy to check the oil? thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 12:37:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a 2011 model.  Checking oil is easy.  Mine has been a pretty solid bike, no issues I can tell you about except the placement of the accelerator pedal.  I bought an aftermarket pedal to
relive foot strain when wearing rubber boots.  Plenty of horsepower for me.  I use mine primarily for hog hunting with dogs.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 12:44:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I just bought an '08, I paid $6200 but I live in an area where they are generally higher price. It had 161 hours and has the seat installed in the bed and a modified roll cage. It also has aftermarket tires and wheels. I love mine, just wish it would warm up so I can drive it!
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 6:29:02 AM EDT
[#3]
wow those seem cheap compared to what they go for around here. even older high hours machines bring 6-8k no first hand experience on the kawi model but I do have a dealer close to me in town so it will either be a teryx or a mule when I go to buy, but I have also considered a Rhino I just never got onto the whole POLARIS IS THE BESTEST bandwagon.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 12:10:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys I think I will go ahead and buy it.  Yeah I don't have much experience with Polaris but the few I drove I didn't really like much.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 12:11:30 PM EDT
[#5]
A dealer would probably be asking $7,000 for this that's why I usually try to go private party.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 12:32:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a '12 2 seat teryx. It has been solid.  I have done zero maintenance.  Like none.  Oil is still clean and full.  I mainly use mine to plow.  400 hoursish.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 10:58:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a 12 two seat dump body. Oil is easy to change just gotta remove skidplate. They are a incredibly capable machine and can climb almost anything.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 12:51:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I would love a side by side, but its a lot of coin for me to drop.  If I ever get one I will probably go for a base model Polaris ranger.  I owned a RZR in the past but it was really expensive, basically a car payment.  Now that I live on my own property with some acreage I really wish I still had it, but I am to the point where it would be a hard decision between a side x side vs tractor.
I have two wheelers that I use primarily right now so for the foreseeable future they will have to do.

As long as its in decent shape any side x side in the 5K range would be a steal in my AO.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 2:49:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Ended up buying it and I'm gonna give it to my dad.  Never really bought him anything and I owe him the world so I decided to not be selfish for once.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top