Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 2:54:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Awww!!!

What are they???

Girl dogs are often best dogs (once spayed of course).  I can't split hairs.  My two best SAR dogs were one of each, male and female.  I'm just sayin that a girl will win your heart too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We're still getting backberries, although the crop seems to be tapering off. I think our daughter's first favorite food (besides mother's milk, of course) can officially be declared as blackberries. She gets downright irate if she thinks you should be feeding her berries and you're negligent in your duties! We've also stumbled onto several different wild blueberry bushes around the property. Most of them are in the areas we're planning on fencing in for pastures, so we're wondering about the idea of transplanting them to other areas or just trying to fence them away from the goats and sheep. We definitely want to encourage their growth, though.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/339551/IMG-2188-230342.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/339551/IMG-2194-230344.jpg

The ticks have been a nightmare this year too. They don't seem to give a damn about DEET or permethrin, and we're having to pull ticks off on a daily basis anyway.

We're also hoping to be bringing home a new puppy in late July/early August. The litter was born a week ago, but there was only one boy, so we'll have to see if he'll end up being ours. He has 6 sisters, but we were specifically hoping for a boy. Here's a pic of the pile of pups.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/339551/IMG-2179-227834.jpg
Awww!!!

What are they???

Girl dogs are often best dogs (once spayed of course).  I can't split hairs.  My two best SAR dogs were one of each, male and female.  I'm just sayin that a girl will win your heart too.
Borzoi. We're hoping for a boy for a couple reasons, first being pack dynamics in our own home. We already have a female, so a male will *probably* be easier to introduce into our existing pack structure. Also, I plan to show, and males are both easier to show and don't have pesky heat cycles to deal with while showing. I have nothing personal against the girls, but a boy works out better for our current situation. He should look similar to this when full grown:

Link Posted: 6/14/2017 4:45:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Looking forward to up dates...also in Ga
View Quote
Buy tractor. Make sure the Pecan trees produce marketable nuts. If not it down and plant again. Makes huge difference. Looks like South Georgia. Congratulations.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 1:08:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 1:40:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ohhhh!  Yes.  You do need a boy since you can't spay or neuter.

And I agree.  You'll have less bitchiness and agression.

Is your current female spayed?

That is a gorgeous dog. I've never worked with that breed at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Borzoi. We're hoping for a boy for a couple reasons, first being pack dynamics in our own home. We already have a female, so a male will *probably* be easier to introduce into our existing pack structure. Also, I plan to show, and males are both easier to show and don't have pesky heat cycles to deal with while showing. I have nothing personal against the girls, but a boy works out better for our current situation. He should look similar to this when full grown:

http://www.theborzoifiles.net/pics/medium/4082/med_55823025d930d.jpg
Ohhhh!  Yes.  You do need a boy since you can't spay or neuter.

And I agree.  You'll have less bitchiness and agression.

Is your current female spayed?

That is a gorgeous dog. I've never worked with that breed at all.
She is spayed. I hadn't been planning on it, but Ytka had had enough of putting up with heat cycles. She'd passed all her health clearances, but we weren't in a position to raise a litter (what with planning a move and all), so I just had her spayed.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 1:52:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 3:24:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Buy tractor. Make sure the Pecan trees produce marketable nuts. If not it down and plant again. Makes huge difference. Looks like South Georgia. Congratulations.
View Quote
We've got a tractor. It's a JD3038e.

The pecan trees aren't making yet, but the oldest ones should be making within the next few years.

We're in central GA.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 9:11:17 PM EDT
[#7]
We've been getting a lot of rain this summer (hallelujah!), and the wet weather creeks are flowing nicely. This time last year (when we very first looked at this property), everything was dry as a bone, dusty, and dead or dying, but not this year! The frogs are singing almost constantly, and we even found a handful of crawfish this evening!

Link Posted: 7/2/2017 10:43:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 10:54:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Just saw this thread...awesome setup!

Are you near Robins AFB?
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 11:00:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just saw this thread...awesome setup!

Are you near Robins AFB?
View Quote
Not far away at all.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 2:21:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not far away at all.
View Quote
I was in Warner Robins from 2d to 7th grade in the late 60s early 70s.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 10:36:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I figured I'd post some pics of the stuff I've planted. I don't have a sprayer for my tractor yet, so my plots aren't as weed free as if like. They are growing pretty well though.

Sunflowers
Attachment Attached File

Food plot with soybeans, iron and clay peas, buckwheat, sunn hemp, sunflowers, and millet
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 8:16:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Things have gotten way ahead of me in the last 3 weeks. Naamah worked one weekend then had surgery the next week. I've been taking care of the kids instead of working around the house. There's been a little progress though.

Here is today's harvest. It's muscadines, scuppernongs, figs, and a plum.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 8:22:54 PM EDT
[#14]
This is the deer/hog hanger I built.

Attachment Attached File

We got a conex! I was painting one of the worst rust spots and my son asked me to paint a skull and crossbones on it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 10:32:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 11:15:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What do you plan on putting in the conex box?

Great thread, I enjoy reading it.

Get well soon Naamah.
View Quote
Thanks. It's been significantly less than fun.

The conex is our alternative to paying for a couple storage units every month. Household goods, holiday decorations, seasonal and occasional use stuff, that sort of thing. It'll pay for itself within a year or so.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 11:36:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The conex is our alternative to paying for a couple storage units every month. Household goods, holiday decorations, seasonal and occasional use stuff, that sort of thing. It'll pay for itself within a year or so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What do you plan on putting in the conex box?

Great thread, I enjoy reading it.

Get well soon Naamah.

It's also going to be a big part of my Cola Warrior training regimen.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 4:16:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 8:10:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Storage units are the debil.

Years ago moved out of one to find it had leaked and ruined some furniture.

Hope this doesn't happen to you.
View Quote
I'm going to try to keep a close eye on it and stay ahead of any problems.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top