Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2016 12:42:35 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 11:14:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Wranglerstar? The dude who shot the hornet's nest with a 12 gauge?
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 2:03:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 2:52:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Thst guy is a joke. He contradicts himself in every other video. This axe is the best and next one this one is. And you would think he is a spokesman for granberg
When I first started finding homesteading channels I thought I liked him but now I find it difficult to click his videos

I admire his homestead just wish he went about videos differently
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 3:19:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I like HomeSteadHow
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 9:29:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Great thread, thank you!
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 12:10:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Subscribed
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 12:55:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Dirtpatchheaven
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 10:28:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Cody's Lab
Homestead Economics
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 10:30:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thst guy is a joke. He contradicts himself in every other video. This axe is the best and next one this one is. And you would think he is a spokesman for granberg
When I first started finding homesteading channels I thought I liked him but now I find it difficult to click his videos

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nutnfancy of homesteading channels.
Takes forever to get to the point if he gets to it at all.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 11:11:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BOOM !! Nailed it
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 9:44:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

BOOM !! Nailed it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BOOM !! Nailed it

Unfortunately, there are some great nuggets of knowledge buried in those videos. Often times you can tell by the subject whether it'll be decent or just nonsense.

I don't understand the hate on the fiskars x27 from him. Yeah, it sucks if you hit the handle on the wood while splitting, but that'll hurt even if it's a wood handled axe.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 9:57:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Homesteady and Justin Rhodes
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 10:08:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Unfortunately, there are some great nuggets of knowledge buried in those videos. Often times you can tell by the subject whether it'll be decent or just nonsense.

I don't understand the hate on the fiskars x27 from him. Yeah, it sucks if you hit the handle on the wood while splitting, but that'll hurt even if it's a wood handled axe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BOOM !! Nailed it

But if you have to listen to 45 min of rambling is it worth it?
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 10:22:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I use fast forward.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 10:31:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I use fast forward.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use fast forward.

My head would explode if I couldn't watch in x2 speed...
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I like watching Fouch-o-matic Off Grid vids, but they do come off as liberals.
Just wish I actually had the ambition that they do.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 10:18:32 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I like watching Fouch-o-matic Off Grid vids, but they do come off as liberals.

Just wish I actually had the ambition that they do.
View Quote
In my opinion they're the most honest faced channel out there.  Christian, hard working and imperfect.  I somehow found them with very few subscribers and have watched them grow.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 7:52:34 AM EDT
[#18]
so, wranglerstar just lost my subscription.

His whole thing about how he took an "indefinite loan" of a $40,000 piece of equipment kinda turns me off.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:12:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Boss of the Swamp is one worth looking at.  Not homesteading, but lots of self sufficiency videos, traditional solutions, etc.  The early videos were primarily about trapping methods.

Link Posted: 9/16/2016 11:34:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Boy and I liked Wranglerstar

Surprised no one has mentioned An American Homestead. I hate the way he labels his videos because you can't search out very many topics you're interested in but he puts out some good videos. Retired .mil, ARFcommer but I haven't figured out his avatar yet
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 2:37:50 PM EDT
[#21]
A relatively new one I found is Pure Living For Life. It's a young couple that decided to go off grid and build their own homestead from scratch. A little yuppyish but they are entertaining and the wife is not hard on the eyes. I'm looking forward to seeing how they go about building their new house.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 3:09:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
A relatively new one I found is Pure Living For Life. It's a young couple that decided to go off grid and build their own homestead from scratch. A little yuppyish but they are entertaining and the wife is not hard on the eyes. I'm looking forward to seeing how they go about building their new house.
View Quote

Yep I would definitely let her eat crackers in bed pretty good looking
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 11:02:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 10:07:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote
I have an issue with Homesteady.  They are new and stating that their experiments are facts.

I don't have an issue with new folks showing what they're doing.  I do have an issue with someone who just gets animals and two days later is telling me this is what I should do as well.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 6:52:50 AM EDT
[#25]
great thread!
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 11:00:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Living Web Farms

A bit of everything here with 3 hour videos of lectures if you'd like.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 12:36:49 PM EDT
[#27]
We were initially motivated, in part, by Fouch-o-matic. Seems like lately though, Esther is more interested in becoming Internet famous and less about homesteading. I have my doubts as to whether the mountain dream home will ever finish (lol).

Our current favorite is An American Homestead. They've done things a little differently than we would, but we love that they're always active and growing!
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 10:43:12 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

We were initially motivated, in part, by Fouch-o-matic. Seems like lately though, Esther is more interested in becoming Internet famous and less about homesteading. I have my doubts as to whether the mountain dream home will ever finish (lol).

Our current favorite is An American Homestead. They've done things a little differently than we would, but we love that they're always active and growing!
View Quote
I think for a small family Fouch-o-matic has made huge progress over a short period of time.

Never underestimate how long temporary will be is a good thing to learn form them.

Once the house is done I really hope some progress on the land will be made.

She's branching out in her videos but I don't think it's a bad thing.  Her TED talk was amazing.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 12:53:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 12:56:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 2:16:04 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
MateFrio, I love that site but don't immediately see a link to her TED talk.  Do you have one you could link here?  Nice to have links to good ones. I accidentally hit some really bad talks now and then when I go looking for inspiration and just end up being mad.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think for a small family Fouch-o-matic has made huge progress over a short period of time.

Never underestimate how long temporary will be is a good thing to learn form them.

Once the house is done I really hope some progress on the land will be made.
She's branching out in her videos but I don't think it's a bad thing.  Her TED talk was amazing.

MateFrio, I love that site but don't immediately see a link to her TED talk.  Do you have one you could link here?  Nice to have links to good ones. I accidentally hit some really bad talks now and then when I go looking for inspiration and just end up being mad.

https://youtu.be/PFctGjnIFYQ

Link Posted: 10/17/2016 4:31:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:31:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:35:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 4:07:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Homesteady
Dirtpatchheaven

Justin Rhodes

All taking off traveling away from the homestead off in some sort of adventure.

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:35:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Land to House

Bit of everything here.  Over 3 years of documenting a home build and land improvement.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:28:06 PM EDT
[#37]
I like the Joe and Zach Survival channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCePrn2J8rF1tueB91zsmOXw
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 2:47:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Been starting to play a lot of Vikingpreparedness in the background at work.  He's way off the reservation but puts on some good talks about thought processes and other things of interest.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 3:09:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I have an issue with Homesteady.  They are new and stating that their experiments are facts.

I don't have an issue with new folks showing what they're doing.  I do have an issue with someone who just gets animals and two days later is telling me this is what I should do as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used to love HomeSteady. After the drama there last week (We're Selling The Farm!), I have yet to decide if they less than sincere, less than honest about their intentions, or simply lost interest. The "we're quitting because it was really hard and we weren't happy" podcast rubbed me the wrong way, mainly because I had invested time in trying to help out with a project that they were going to charge people for when it was complete.
They have to do what's right for them as a family, and I have to do what's right for me... which was unsubscribing from the podcast and sending their email to the junk folder.

There are still some good ones out there, like SoutherPrepper1, LDSPrepper and TexasPrepper2 that seem dedicated.

-Hobbit
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 10:51:19 AM EDT
[#40]
I still enjoy many of wranglerstars videos, but I don't try to watch every single one.  If it doesn't interest me I don't click.

-On the axe topic:  You will find that its not uncommon for people who have many different axes, and "play" with them on a regular basis probably come to similar conclusion as he does.  I used to think that polymer handled axes were the best thing since sliced bread until I started trying some older American heads, or say even a council tool.  Night and day, as I know that's the case with gransfors bruks.  Its like comparing a custom knife to something you get off the shelf for 1/4 the cost.  Your paying for a custom hand crafted tool, as much as you are performance.  They perform very well, but so can a re-profiled axe head from times past.  Do the work yourself or pay for it.

Oh and I would love some one to loan me a new saw mill and firewood processing unit.    

---

I can't imagine how many hours all of these people spend filming and editing, to be able to provide so much content.  I make a few videos each year and even that takes more time then I care to invest.  I think filming making has to be a passion to have the drive to put in the time that some of these folks do.  With work, I barely have enough time to get things done around the house, never mind trying to film it all!  

I also just found pure living for life and am liking their channel so far.  Only problem is when I find a new channel like that it takes me forever to catch up on their old vids!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top