Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2016 4:17:52 PM EDT
I don't know where to post this hopefully this is the right place I've got a new Holland tt75a that won't start I turn the key and nothing battery is good checked behind the ignition switch and it's putting out 12 volts with the key forward. The dash won't light up either anybody ever dealt  with anything like this or have access to some wiring diagrams
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 4:39:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Are the battery terminals tight? I've had a loose connection keep my car from starting before.

After that, I'd check to see if you are getting voltage to your switch.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 4:51:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Our TN75DA had a loose connector for the seat safety switch. Might give it a wiggle or jump the terminals to temporarily disable it.

Is any other lighting affected besides the dash?
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 4:59:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Could be a lot of things. We had a brand new .08 hour machine not run because a loose ground on the frame somewhere.

So yeah check your grounds, neutral safety switch, clutch safety switch, seat safety switch and pro safety switch as well. New Holland's are prone to electrical issues.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 6:36:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Battery terminals are clean and tight took battery to get checked it was good there is no power any where but the back of the ignition switch and the battery lug on the starter I checked the brake safety clutch safety ,pro and neutral safety they are all good the seat saftwy has 4 wires I don't know which to jump

Eta: PTO saftey
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 6:50:17 PM EDT
[#5]
starter solenoid is where I would begin.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:59:30 PM EDT
[#6]
if you have power to the starter. then this.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
starter solenoid is where I would begin.
View Quote

i hesitate to say this. but i'd give the starter a little love tap or two.

not too much tap.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 4:30:02 AM EDT
[#7]
If there is no power at the dash ie no lights or anything have you checked your fuses? Did you blow a main fuse? Sometimes there is a couple of bigger 30-40 amp fuses that run your power and fuel shutdown solenoid.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 5:32:51 AM EDT
[#8]
My NH requires that all gear levers be in neutral to start otherwise the lights on the dash light up but it doesn't start
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:29:04 PM EDT
[#9]
You've probably already done this, but just making sure.  Besides your main hi-lo range gear in neutral, your PTO lever has to be disengaged for it to start.  That will throw a lot of newer tractor owner off the first time they shut down their machine with the PTO still on.  I actually leave mine engaged as another bit to make it that much harder to steal.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:59:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You've probably already done this, but just making sure.  Besides your main hi-lo range gear in neutral, your PTO lever has to be disengaged for it to start.  That will throw a lot of newer tractor owner off the first time they shut down their machine with the PTO still on.  I actually leave mine engaged as another bit to make it that much harder to steal.
View Quote

Yup PTO  is out and everything else set just no power to anything I tried to jump the starter with a screwdriver and it would engage but not really spin like the motor was seized
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:09:43 AM EDT
[#11]
since you have no power at the gauges, could your keyswitch itself be malfunctioning?

ETA: You say you only have 1 wire with power at the back of the keyswitch, when you turn the switch to on, do you get power at any others?
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 6:35:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yup PTO  is out and everything else set just no power to anything I tried to jump the starter with a screwdriver and it would engage but not really spin like the motor was seized
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get a jump pack and hook it directly to the starter

Sounds like you have a ground issue.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 4:47:05 PM EDT
[#13]
It's a safety switch somewhere.

Something is in neutral but the switch either isn't recognizing it or not closing the circuit back.

it's ALWAYS a safety switch.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 6:53:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Here's what I went through recently.

We couldn't get it to start, seemed like a low battery and the glow plug light on the dash would not come on.

After exhausting all our ideas we called the dealer and he sent out the mechanic.

The mechanic brought a new safety module just in case and eventually installed it to no avail.

On the second trip (1 hour travel time each trip) he was fiddling around behind the dash and the connector on the lead that powers the module fell off in the ground. Corroded through.

So, a 50 cent fitting fixed the problem!

Unfortunately it cost me nearly a grand to get it done.

I hope this saves someone else the same hassle.

This was on an 20009 T1110 with less than 300 hours on it.

Tom
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top