Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2016 4:30:45 PM EDT
Picked up a new JD3032E last week to replace my 40 year old MF235.  Primary use is for cutting grass (I have a lot of grass).  I really like the new addition.  Plenty of power for my needs and I plan on getting a few additional attachments when funds allow.  

anyway, my only complaint is that the ride is noticeably rougher than the old MF.  Will letting a good amount of air out of the tires improve the ride over bumpy terrain or should I keep air pressure at recommended?

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Start at 5-7psi below maximum pressure. Maximum doesn't mean minimum.

Did your old tractor also have as aggressive tread on the tires? Could be part of the issue.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 5:47:00 PM EDT
[#2]
R4s are a really stiff tire and won't give much.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 6:13:10 PM EDT
[#3]
They certainly look stiff, or overinflated.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Picked up a new JD3032E last week to replace my 40 year old MF235.  Primary use is for cutting grass (I have a lot of grass).  I really like the new addition.  Plenty of power for my needs and I plan on getting a few additional attachments when funds allow.  

anyway, my only complaint is that the ride is noticeably rougher than the old MF.  Will letting a good amount of air out of the tires improve the ride over bumpy terrain or should I keep air pressure at recommended?

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/buford12345/April%202016%20017_zpsfjusja4h.jpg
View Quote

Im sorry it rides stiff since it does I will take it off your hands for you
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:17:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies.  yeah, its a tough tire for sure.  alrighty then, deflate and check, deflate and check and so on......

minor complaint I know.  overall seems to be a great tractor.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:33:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice new Iron!

On the ride, I'd definitely drop pressure a smidge.

If you haven't filled the tires, fill 'em. It takes quite a bit of the "Bounce" out.

The other thing you might not have looked into yet. The Deere Air ride seat. They are MILES ahead of the std. seats, and smooth out all but the worst hits.
Yes, they are a bit salty, but are worth every penny, to make a long day less painful on the back.

Head over to Green tractor talk and compare notes with some of the crew.
If anyone has ideas on your new 3032, they will. Some good discounts from a couple vendors as well.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:49:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice looking tractor.

I'd probably just run the tires at the recommended pressure based on the manual (not the max listed on the tires themselves). No experience with R4s though, maybe they are more firm than I'm used to with agricultural tires.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:04:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nice new Iron!

If you haven't filled the tires, fill 'em. It takes quite a bit of the "Bounce" out.

The other thing you might not have looked into yet. The Deere Air ride seat. They are MILES ahead of the std. seats, and smooth out all but the worst hits.

Yes, they are a bit salty, but are worth every penny, to make a long day less painful on the back.

If anyone has ideas on your new 3032, they will. Some good discounts from a couple vendors as well.

View Quote

Nice tractor OP!

Get the air ride seat, will make the ride a lot more enjoyable.  The only thing better than the air ride seat is the JD Active Seat.  Don't believe they offer them on that tractor though, they cost about as much as that whole tractor
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:25:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nice new Iron!

View Quote

thanks all.  i'll look into that seat and filling the tires.  never filled tires before so will head over to green tractor talk and learn how to do it.  seems like it would add quite a bit of weight to the tractor and i guess that itself would smooth it out a bit.  also considering buying one of those large rollers you fill with water and roll all over my property after it rains for a few days and flatten that succkka out.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:22:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Loaded tires are great. The only problem is that if you are using that to mow your lawn, it adds a lot of weight.
What was the cost of the machine?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 6:19:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Loaded tires are great. The only problem is that if you are using that to mow your lawn, it adds a lot of weight.
View Quote

with rebates and such i paid $13,250 out the door.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:52:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My boss today said he has one of these or something real similar he has issues with the PTO only has 250sh hours on it says he is kind of bummed
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 10:38:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Those look like rough riding tires.  but they also look lke they grab good.

When doing feild work, the big tractors (100+ hp) we run are kept at 10-15 psi.

Just feel fortunate you don't have flud in them as well
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 8:57:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote

That. I have loaded tires on my NH Workmaster. Its great for plowing, discing, tilling, or any loader work where having weight on the back is a good thing.

But driving it through the "residential" part of the yard? Forget about it. With almost 40 gallons of Rimguard in each tire, it leaves huge tracks in a dry yard, and a wet yard is worse. With loaded tires, the machine is knocking on close to 5000lb with me on it with just the loader attached.

Do you have a septic system? Because I can think of one way you DONT want to find out where it is...
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 9:40:50 AM EDT
[#15]
I got a 3038e about this time last year. My tires are filled for ballast with the front end loader.

FYI there are two unused wires behind your seat that are plugged. If you unplug them, they are wires and the plugs for extra work lights. Just mount your lights to the rops, run the wire down through the rops and out the hole behind the seat. Then just crimp the wire into the plug. If you turn the factory light switch to the last setting your new lights will turn on with the headlights. I mounted two led cubes looking forward and one 6in led bar facing back. I got everything from amazon. Cost about $30 I think.

Mine has really impressed me for the size. I've only used full size tractors in the past but it will run a 6 ft bush hog just fine and managed to pull 6 ft discs...with a lot of wheel spin haha.

ETA: After a few hours you may want to oil the hydro pedals. Mine starting sticking a little. One shot of wd40 and it locks up the rear tires if I let my foot off fast

Link Posted: 5/5/2016 4:12:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Sweet rig
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 5:54:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I got a 3038e about this time last year. My tires are filled for ballast with the front end loader.

FYI there are two unused wires behind your seat that are plugged. If you unplug them, they are wires and the plugs for extra work lights. Just mount your lights to the rops, run the wire down through the rops and out the hole behind the seat. Then just crimp the wire into the plug. If you turn the factory light switch to the last setting your new lights will turn on with the headlights. I mounted two led cubes looking forward and one 6in led bar facing back. I got everything from amazon. Cost about $30 I think.

Mine has really impressed me for the size. I've only used full size tractors in the past but it will run a 6 ft bush hog just fine and managed to pull 6 ft discs...with a lot of wheel spin haha.

ETA: After a few hours you may want to oil the hydro pedals. Mine starting sticking a little. One shot of wd40 and it locks up the rear tires if I let my foot off fast
View Quote

awesomeness.  thanks for the tip.  I think I will follow suit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top