Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2016 8:36:49 PM EDT
well i was going to purchase a husqvarna 550XP(50cc) for $549.00 and then i saw a 562XP(60cc) reconditioned for $480

product page says  RECONDITIONED ITEM

Our Reconditioned items are products that have been briefly used and returned. These items have been fully tested. Each unit has been re-boxed and includes everything you would receive normally such as accessories and documentation. These items come with a fully transferable manufacturer's warranty.

should i FO?
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a refurbished husqvarna 450 off newegg for $286 and have been happy with it.  

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA02D18R2850
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 3:49:49 AM EDT
[#2]
As long as the full factory warranty is intact, yes, and without hesitation.

However, I have a rock solid full service dealer nearby, that will honor the warranty.

If you have a good dealer nearby, jump on it. The 562XP is a hell of a saw, and outclasses everything else in it's range, by a good margin.

Some of the early auto tune saws, had issues with with the electronics. Boatloads were returned and refurbed, and the updated auto tune system installed.
Some of the bigger "Fleet" buyers, like Govt. agencys, and the larger tree outfits, turned in hundreds, that were still in the boxes.

The same thing happens with saws sold right after a big storm, and then returned a few weeks later, at the bigger dealers that offer a no questions return policy.

It's a heck of a deal.
A little heavier than the 550XP, but a LOT more snot. Properly Modded, I have seen 562XP's spank stock 70cc saws.

Good luck!

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 5:44:30 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the reply i went and bought the thing
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 5:59:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I almost always look to see if there's a refurb available before any major purchase.  I have had excellent luck with refurbs... to me it's just an item that got a second round of thorough testing above and beyond what a new, out-of-the-box unit received.  You pretty much know that a refurb is going to work as advertised; while there's always a chance a new unit has some defect that slipped past QA when it came off the line.

And it's cheaper.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 1:35:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Call me jealous.....

I can't justify new toys yet.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 1:46:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I have several from CPO, all have been good saws.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 4:49:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:46:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Call me jealous.....

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Call me jealous.....

i know how that is i have waited a year to buy this saw

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:54:18 AM EDT
[#9]

IMHO

best value in 40cc saw (below are the same saw, 1st is OEM Dolmar, 2nd is Makita-rebranded version
http://www.chainsawsdirect.com/Dolmar-PS-421-Chain-Saw/p11606.html
or
http://www.amazon.com/Makita-EA4300F40B-42cc-Chain-16-Inch/dp/B00G38HFMO

best value in 50cc saw
http://www.amazon.com/Makita-DCS5121-50cc-Chain-18-Inch/dp/B00E0CNWJA

best quality in 40cc saw
http://www.stihlusa.com/products/chain-saws/professional-saws/ms241cm/

best quality in 50cc saw   (there are a lot of options here.  i side with orange)
http://www.stihlusa.com/products/chain-saws/professional-saws/ms261cm/

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:59:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Back in the 90's I used to work for the second largest television manufacturer in the world.
I was involved with the warranty program for US market for a while and learned couple things.
Right out of the assembly line 99.99% of units will be defective free.
By the time the unit is delivered to the store through the distribution line 99.5% of units will be defective free.
By the time you take the TV home and plug it in 99% of units will be defective free.
By the time you use it for 10 days 98.5% of units will be defective free.
However, between 2% to 5% (depends on the particular model and retailer) of units sold will be returned to retailer for one reason or another and these units can not be sold as new again.  When they are checked, only about 10-15% of units that come back are actually defective including some units which are deliberately damaged.  However all returned units are sold to one of the specialty shops without being tested where they will be repackaged for very low price.  They plug in the unit and if it work they get repackaged as refurbished unit and goes out to specialty retailers. Ones that do not work are sold through another channel where they are sold for parts.  
When you buy refurbished units you are paying less because the odds of buying a defective unit is higher...but chances are the unit will be just as reliable as any new unit coming out of the assembly line.  As long as you have the full factory warranty you are GTG.  Just make sure to use the unit before the warranty runs out.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:54:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
i bought a husqvarva 435 reconditioned from vminovations last year. been a GREAT saw.
View Quote

+1

I got a 235 from them back when there was a thread floating around on arfcom...  We all got some killer deals on those refurb saws.

I did have to do a little carb tuning but its worked great as a hunting camp saw.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:16:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Where did you see that 562?
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:59:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 2:37:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks! Out of stock at the moment
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 2:46:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

+1

I got a 235 from them back when there was a thread floating around on arfcom...  We all got some killer deals on those refurb saws.

I did have to do a little carb tuning but its worked great as a hunting camp saw.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
i bought a husqvarva 435 reconditioned from vminovations last year. been a GREAT saw.

+1

this, except it was like 3 years ago, seems like they were around $180
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:11:33 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Thanks! Out of stock at the moment
View Quote
yeah don't feel bad!!!!!  I ordered when it said in stock, I called tonight and its "back ordered"

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:44:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

damn... time fly's!
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:24:30 PM EDT
[#18]
well guys no joy for me!!! Today I got a email saying my order was cancelled... back to looking for saw deals lol
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:47:35 PM EDT
[#19]
What are you looking for? You mentioned a 50cc and 60cc saw in the first post. What do you have now? What roll are you trying to fill?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:22:35 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

What are you looking for? You mentioned a 50cc and 60cc saw in the first post. What do you have now? What roll are you trying to fill?
View Quote

I don't have any chainsaws at the moment(sold them).  I have a few trees to fell where I live. cut firewood and I usually throw one in the jeep or atv when I go up in the mtns.

I like the idea of a 50cc lighter weight and enough power. I tried to buy that 562 because it was a good deal, cheaper than the 50 and alittle bigger

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 5:10:07 PM EDT
[#21]
What size wood comprises the majority of what you cut?
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 5:28:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I bought a refurbished husqvarna 450 off newegg for $286 and have been happy with it.  

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA02D18R2850
View Quote

I think the was the same deal (or similar) that I got. Have been very pleased with my husqy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top