Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2015 12:26:56 PM EDT
My dad passed away in 2011 and his later model International 140 (later being from the 1970s ) has been sitting most of that time, and I want to get it going again.  The tractor is in great shape, I had it running two years ago, but it has been sitting since and I want to get it going again.  

Anyway, one thing I want to do in the restoration process is make a new wiring harness for it since all the wiring is +/- 40 years old.  It is a later model 140 with the factory 12 volt positive ground system.  It has a the factory delco (?) generator and a voltage regulator.  I can find a ton of wiring diagrams online for the 6V postive ground system, and even stuff for converted 12V systems that don't use a voltage regulator, but I can find crap for the factory 12V negative ground system with voltage regulator.  I'd like to keep it the same as factory since this more of a homeage to my dad than a tractor I actually am going to work hard.

Can any ARF IH experts point me in the right direction to a factory farmall 140 12V negative ground wiring diagram?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:07:27 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55340

There are a couple different configs on this site.
hth

John
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:50:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55340

There are a couple different configs on this site.
hth

John
View Quote

Thanks, looks like this may help get me on the right track.  

Your first post!  Welcome to ARF!  It's the greatest forum on Al Gore's internet!
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:44:42 PM EDT
[#3]
They aren't cheap but how much is your time worth and what do you want the end result to look like...

The Brillman Company

I've used John's products on a number of projects.  He is helpful if you need any tech info and has lots of small parts for wiring harnesses.  I run Cubs and a Super A at our place.  

Manuals, which may have the wiring diagrams(Cubs do) are available from Binder Books  Scroll down to get to the 140 section.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top