Link Posted: 7/16/2017 8:59:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dnmccoy:
Made some short work of old fence posts

https://s4.postimg.org/ku4saun3h/image.jpg
View Quote
Nice!

Did you just hook the chains directly to the bucket or do you have some hooks or attachments mounted to the bucket to hook those chains to?
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 12:11:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By PA452:

Nice!

Did you just hook the chains directly to the bucket or do you have some hooks or attachments mounted to the bucket to hook those chains to?
View Quote
Used Kens bolt on hooks

He had the wrong set listed as being compatible with the new BX23S with the SSQA loader bucket, but he was cool and didnt make me pay for shipping on the right ones. Fairly easy to install with a good drill and sharp bit.

Link Posted: 7/17/2017 2:03:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Used Kens bolt on hooks

He had the wrong set listed as being compatible with the new BX23S with the SSQA loader bucket, but he was cool and didnt make me pay for shipping on the right ones. Fairly easy to install with a good drill and sharp bit.

https://s24.postimg.org/k8g16rl51/20170717_115451.jpg
https://s24.postimg.org/acey74fd1/20170717_115457.jpg
View Quote
Ken makes some good products, I've the hooks and a couple of other items on my JD 1025R.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 7:56:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Took an old couch out to the burn pile.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Pavelow16478:
Took an old couch out to the burn pile.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/86377/IMG-6893-256532.JPG
View Quote
No room for that in the shop next to the kegorator?  Dogs don't need a new spot to hang out so they're not dragging mud around your work bench?  Still plenty of miles left
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 8:54:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By sea2summit:

No room for that in the shop next to the kegorator?  Dogs don't need a new spot to hang out so they're not dragging mud around your work bench?  Still plenty of miles left
View Quote
Ha!  It had been demoted to the dogs couch after we got our new sectional.  Our GSD decided it wasn't good enough for him.  Wasn't much left of the front 
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 1:34:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 11:37:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: optimus] [#8]
Originally Posted By Kitties-with-Sigs:

That right there is a beautiful thing.  

And it's before Case got ahold of IH, isn't it?
View Quote
By a bit. 1948 build date.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 3:05:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4DUDE] [#9]
Baby tractor compared to some of the big boys here, but did some sprayin on Sunday.

Link Posted: 7/19/2017 3:53:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By RealFastV6:
Baby tractor compared to some of the big boys here, but did some sprayin on Sunday.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32042/IMG-3531-257985.png
View Quote
How has the fimco sprayer worked for you? Im thinking of getting one of the towable ones to oull behind the mower or golf cart
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 4:03:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4DUDE] [#11]
How has the fimco sprayer worked for you? Im thinking of getting one of the towable ones to oull behind the mower or golf cart
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RealFastV6:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32042/IMG-3531-257985.png
So far so good.  This is the 40Gal one.  Doesn't really leak, the adjustments seem to work well.   I pretty much just use it to kill grass \ weeds.  I have a gravel path that goes out to the barn that I spray down to kill everything on.

I added some casters to the bottom so when I detach it I can just push it out of the way in the barn which has been awesome.

I've just been using a spare tractor battery to run it because I haven't wired it up to the tractor.  Picked it up at TSC because once you ship most of the cheaper places online it ends up being the same or less.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:28:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Finally getting started building a retaining wall & backfiring in front of the house, & over the gutter drains. I think I moved around 36 cubic yards of dirt and built about 15 feet of retaining wall...

Heaviest of the rocks... I'd guess around 2500 lbs... Tractor has a 2750 lb lift capacity, that's bout all she wanted

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 11:38:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Nice job!
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:22:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice job!
View Quote
X2 !
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 7:12:13 AM EDT
[#15]
I used the backhoe to move my toolbox from storage to my new garage man it was a scary move Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 8:23:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Been at the new place three weeks now, time to orginize the mess from just unloading the tractor parts trailer as quickly as possible.
Attachment Attached File

Had to take an intermission to remind myself to finish up the ramp pump build soon.
Attachment Attached File

Finished the clean up.
Attachment Attached File

Did a bunch of grappeling but my phone said it was too hot to do anything but emergency calls...go figure
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 6:08:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Helped the guy that cuts hay move some out of the field today.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 9:37:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Attachment Attached File

Went and rescued my friends piece of crap Long.
Ran it out of fuel in the woods.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 12:40:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By louisianarebel:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/221518/20225775-113581679292459-5977481164674301952-n-261684.JPG
View Quote
I'm confused, who rescued who? Kubota can be easily primed in the field, not sure about the others but I'd never tow a tractor ofver refueling it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 12:41:17 PM EDT
[#20]
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/221518/20225775-113581679292459-5977481164674301952-n-261684.JPG
View Quote
There's a lot of tractors there for it just being out of fuel.  I think this was just an excuse to have a tractor party in the woods.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 5:12:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By sublimeshooter:
There's a lot of tractors there for it just being out of fuel.  I think this was just an excuse to have a tractor party in the woods.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sublimeshooter:
LMMFAO!  Where's the beer?
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 10:13:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Just got my grapple today so just a little practice. Best implement ever!

Link Posted: 7/24/2017 10:29:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By mc556:
Just got my grapple today so just a little practice. Best implement ever!
http://i.imgur.com/OSFo6My.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LFNUlGc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/6UbUJjM.jpg
View Quote
Nice! I have the single and sometimes I wonder if I should have got the double.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 1:26:12 AM EDT
[#24]

Nice! I have the single and sometimes I wonder if I should have got the double.
View Quote
   Since this is the first one I have no idea so I just went double.  I know that it works pretty damn good.
I pulled out a few trees between 3-10in diameter with not much work.  I can't wait to get home from work and rip some brush and trees up
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 2:22:41 PM EDT
[#25]

I'm confused, who rescued who? Kubota can be easily primed in the field, not sure about the others but I'd never tow a tractor ofver refueling it.
View Quote
Long. its a type of tractor at the bottom of pic.
He ran it out of fuel. Then had water in the fuel. Then a dead battery. All while stuck on a tiny trail surrounded by water.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 8:44:27 AM EDT
[#26]
He ran it out of fuel. Then had water in the fuel. Then a dead battery. All while stuck on a tiny trail surrounded by water.
View All Quotes

The poor guy bought a Long tractor he needs all the help he can get.  Dad bought a Long 3pt tiller many years ago. I became quite good at rebuilding it over the years.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 9:10:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By sparkyD:
The poor guy bought a Long tractor he needs all the help he can get.  Dad bought a Long 3pt tiller many years ago. I became quite good at rebuilding it over the years.
View All Quotes

I told him to push it out to the road and sell it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 5:25:32 PM EDT
[#28]
New place needs a range...only good spot has me shooting across my pond so cleared out the impact side today

Attachment Attached File

Couldn't even get there on the first attempt so had to cut up and hand load some stuff to make a maneuver area.
Attachment Attached File

It's got a lot of pucker factor over there (camera is oriented straight up and down).
Attachment Attached File

Finally got where I could use hydraulic power to start pulling out the deadfall.
Attachment Attached File

Nothing like being able to saw away without having to worry about pinching.
Attachment Attached File

To be continued
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 5:28:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Got lots wood out, tested the limits of the trail over the dike too
Attachment Attached File

Finished up with the weed whacker, looks good to move on to phase 2 with some old power polls for the target frames.
Attachment Attached File

Got a nice pile of fire wood at the fire ring and about equally as much crap in the "chipper justification pile" I'm building
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 6:49:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PA452] [#30]
double
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 6:49:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PA452] [#31]
Nice setup!

The pics of these grapples are making me itch to try one out.

If you don't mind my asking, what state is that? For some reason that vegetation strikes me as the Carolinas.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Nice setup!

The pics of these grapples are making me itch to try one out.

If you don't mind my asking, what state is that? For some reason that vegetation strikes me as the Carolinas.
View Quote
Pretty sure if I only had forks and a grapple I wouldn't feel cheated, my bucket still has most of it's paint.

I'm the next state south, good guess.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 6:59:21 PM EDT
[#33]
I've used both a single and double. I went with a double. This was right after I picked it up.  Been using it this summer to move rocks.  Definitely like it better than a single for that purpose.

Link Posted: 7/27/2017 11:28:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PA452] [#34]
Took the FEL and backhoe off the BX23, put the mower on. Used the new trailer to haul it and a lawn tractor that belongs to my parents over to my property to mow the grass. Before I bought the trailer I speculated that I'd be able to haul these two tractors at the same time like this. Today was the first time that I did it. Worked pretty well, though I'd like to get the weight a little farther back on the trailer. According to the numbers, these two tractors with mowers combined weigh less than the BX23 with backhoe and FEL attached.

Link Posted: 7/28/2017 7:51:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Took the FEL and backhoe off the BX23, put the mower on. Used the new trailer to haul it and a lawn tractor that belongs to my parents over to my property to mow the grass. Before I bought the trailer I speculated that I'd be able to haul these two tractors at the same time like this. Today was the first time that I did it. Worked pretty well, though I'd like to get the weight a little farther back on the trailer. According to the numbers, these two tractors with mowers combined weigh less than the BX23 with backhoe and FEL attached.

http://i.imgur.com/YugucaN.jpg
View Quote
Looks like your truck could use a set of air bags.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 9:17:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PA452] [#36]

Looks like your truck could use a set of air bags.
View Quote
Actually it's not as bad as it looks. The truck is sitting on a major slant there. There's almost a 2" difference in the gap between the fender and top of rear wheel between the left and the right side while it's parked there.

I just had it there for loading the tractors, so the loading gate would be against a hill. It levels the gate out a little so the mower decks don't catch when cresting onto the deck.

ETA: Here it is with a heavier but slightly better balanced load.

Link Posted: 7/28/2017 12:38:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Picked up a 6ft landscape rake from TSC to help clean up a corner of our lot and maintain the driveway.  This one is the CountyLine brand but made by Behlen Country just like the tiller I bought at TSC this spring.  I'm home recovering from PRK (laser eye surgery) this week so I couldn't get too western trying it out since I'm not supposed to be in dusty environments for a few more days.  It seems to windrow the rocks nicely though from the few short passes I did take.  That is the main thing I was hoping for since there is a TON of rocks in this part of the lot.  

Seems like a decently solid implement for 600 bucks.  

Area I'll be working on the most.  Not quite 2 acres, the front 3/4 is gravel so it will just be gravel maintenance there, the back 1/4 will hopefully be grass eventually.

After a couple quick passes with the rake angled.

This area was prepped by the former owners before we bought this place.  We planted grass in spring '16 and had a ton of rain last year so it grew great.  Once I get this other area cleaned up we'll probably do the same thing.

Link Posted: 7/28/2017 1:07:15 PM EDT
[#38]
That looks like so good growing soil.  I'd trade you some of my shale pile.....I'm Carl and found your thread the other day.  Hope you don't mind.  We got a piece of land last summer at auction.  No one was bidding....there was no access, but I knew we could get in.  Started in July and worked till mid November, with just minor breaks.  We used two trackhoes....small one with hammer, and did a final grade with the tractor.  It was a piece of work, but it really paid off.
I've got pics from start to finish if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 1:52:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Carlhwv:
That looks like so good growing soil.  I'd trade you some of my shale pile.....I'm Carl and found your thread the other day.  Hope you don't mind.  We got a piece of land last summer at auction.  No one was bidding....there was no access, but I knew we could get in.  Started in July and worked till mid November, with just minor breaks.  We used two trackhoes....small one with hammer, and did a final grade with the tractor.  It was a piece of work, but it really paid off.
I've got pics from start to finish if anyone is interested.
View Quote
Got a link? Sounds like potentially interesting pics.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 9:59:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By SDeadeye:
Picked up a 6ft landscape rake from TSC to help clean up a corner of our lot and maintain the driveway.  This one is the CountyLine brand but made by Behlen Country just like the tiller I bought at TSC this spring.  I'm home recovering from PRK (laser eye surgery) this week so I couldn't get too western trying it out since I'm not supposed to be in dusty environments for a few more days.  It seems to windrow the rocks nicely though from the few short passes I did take.  That is the main thing I was hoping for since there is a TON of rocks in this part of the lot.  

http://i.imgur.com/NvxVMBe.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gZBLGjm.jpg

Seems like a decently solid implement for 600 bucks.  

http://i.imgur.com/lAYN0mv.jpg

Area I'll be working on the most.  Not quite 2 acres, the front 3/4 is gravel so it will just be gravel maintenance there, the back 1/4 will hopefully be grass eventually.

http://i.imgur.com/zuUtXAw.jpg

After a couple quick passes with the rake angled.

http://i.imgur.com/ABAHhBS.jpg

This area was prepped by the former owners before we bought this place.  We planted grass in spring '16 and had a ton of rain last year so it grew great.  Once I get this other area cleaned up we'll probably do the same thing.

http://i.imgur.com/XNTfJ5G.jpg
View Quote
I bought one of those when I put in my lawn. Lots of rocks when I was leveling. After you seed that back part into grass (assuming you broadcast and not drill), rotate the tines backwards and drag that over the seeded area. It puts the seed at the perfect depth and firms up the ground. you can kinda see it here:
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 6:08:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: flathead977] [#41]
Attachment Attached File

Still moving wood. This piece was too big for my little tractor. I won't do that again lol.

ETA I know the strap was on my cutting edge. With the bucket down, it wasn't getting the wood off the ground. Again, I won't do that again.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 6:33:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By flathead977:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/450255/IMG-2804-266016.JPG

Still moving wood. This piece was too big for my little tractor. I won't do that again lol.

ETA I know the strap was on my cutting edge. With the bucket down, it wasn't getting the wood off the ground. Again, I won't do that again.
View Quote
Bet your 3-point wouldn't have even noticed that log
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 3:27:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: flathead977] [#43]
Attachment Attached File

Moved about 5 more pieces of wood.

I will get them all moved one day. It's hard to find time, but I'm glad I have the tractor to get them to where I need to split it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 6:08:35 PM EDT
[#44]

Actually it's not as bad as it looks. The truck is sitting on a major slant there. There's almost a 2" difference in the gap between the fender and top of rear wheel between the left and the right side while it's parked there.

I just had it there for loading the tractors, so the loading gate would be against a hill. It levels the gate out a little so the mower decks don't catch when cresting onto the deck.

ETA: Here it is with a heavier but slightly better balanced load.

http://i.imgur.com/NNoagm1.jpg
View Quote
Tell me more about your trailer. I'm looking for something for my 1025r with a FEL and bush hog.

I have a Tacoma, too.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 6:51:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Cleaned up a 20'x50' area on the side of the yard.  Had mounds of dirt and chunks of concrete leftover from when the basement was dig and poured.  Dug out a bunch of stumps and small tees then graded the area.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 6:52:54 PM EDT
[#46]
@louisianarebel 

How are you liking that Bad Boy bush hog?  Thinking about picking one up.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 8:39:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Cleaned up a 20'x50' area on the side of the yard.  Had mounds of dirt and chunks of concrete leftover from when the basement was dig and poured.  Dug out a bunch of stumps and small tees then graded the area.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/86377/IMG-6934-267090.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/86377/IMG-6936-267091.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/86377/IMG-6933-267095.JPG
View Quote
Nice looking tractor.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 8:51:23 PM EDT
[#48]

Nice looking tractor.
View Quote
Thanks!  Love it so far!
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 9:05:28 PM EDT
[#49]

Thanks!  Love it so far!
View Quote
Is it brand new? What model? What implements do you have for it?
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 9:11:26 PM EDT
[#50]

Is it brand new? What model? What implements do you have for it?
View Quote
About a month old.  2017 2032R.  They redid the 2 series this year.  Much closer to the 3 series than the 1 series.  Weighs more than the 3E and has the same loader and 3pt capacities.  Just the loader with bucket and forks and a bush hog so far.  Looking to pick up a good disc and box blade or land plane.
Page / 104
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top