Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 104
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 6:56:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By razerface:

do you still have those goofy tires? I need to put some on a tractor to roll my strip i fly ultralights from.
View Quote
Yup, PM replied ;) 
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 6:57:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By TheDevilYouLove:
Trying to decide if I should restore or sell my dad's Super H
View Quote
The answer is quite obvious. 

Restore!!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 7:31:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By TheDevilYouLove:
Trying to decide if I should restore or sell my dad's Super H
View Quote

Doesn't look like it needs restored much... tires don't look dry rotted, and very little rust. Just needs a bath
and maybe a tune up.  I'd keep it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:28:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:02:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Kitties-with-Sigs:

OMGOSH restore!
View Quote
Seriously, this.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:03:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Pulling the engine in the 316 for a ring and valve job.Attachment Attached File

Its out now on the bench in my office.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:10:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Muad] [#7]
Picked up a new implement for the 3930. 

Hesston PT-7 Haybine:

Installed a used bumper on the 3930 last night. FIL found it for me. It's a little bent up, but works fine and gives me a hitch point on the front of the tractor. Came off a Ford 5610. Not bad for $50 I guess. 

Not I need a canopy, a hay rake, baler, and some wagons; and I'll hopefully be ready for my first hay season on my own land. 
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#8]
My tractor work has been lacking here lately. Had to use it today to move some building material since my truck is having some sort of electrical issue draining my batteries over night.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:13:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By sea2summit:
My tractor work has been lacking here lately. Had to use it today to move some building material since my truck is having some sort of electrical issue draining my batteries over night.
View Quote
Looking good. I need a loader, and forks. 

What model is your Kubota? 
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:49:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Its_The_Kid] [#10]
Originally Posted By Muad:
Picked up a new implement for the 3930. 

Hesston PT-7 Haybine:
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa46/muad_dib1982/Hesston_PT-7_haybine-1_zpsdf03xpol.jpg

Installed a used bumper on the 3930 last night. FIL found it for me. It's a little bent up, but works fine and gives me a hitch point on the front of the tractor. Came off a Ford 5610. Not bad for $50 I guess. 

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa46/muad_dib1982/Ford_3930_bumper-1_zpsjhxxn7lx.jpg

Not I need a canopy, a hay rake, baler, and some wagons; and I'll hopefully be ready for my first hay season on my own land. 
View Quote

Ours have homemade bumpers...the ferguson gets used as a pusher for cotton wagons...the fords just set up for zombie...I mean woods work.

This was the same concept....but it was taken off and a weight pack put on it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 12:17:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Looking good. I need a loader, and forks. 

What model is your Kubota? 
View Quote

MX5800, it's a beast for its size.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 11:10:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Its_The_Kid:

Ours have homemade bumpers...the ferguson gets used as a pusher for cotton wagons...the fords just set up for zombie...I mean woods work.
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13962669_10205167787313980_3396191723927043706_n.jpg?oh=ba37494c0dacf665bf026fe51187ddf8&oe=593434F4

This was the same concept....but it was taken off and a weight pack put on it.
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/557654_2981107066413_1576023469_n.jpg?oh=c2eee577b8d293485a3a8e15d1f63f41&oe=5939B3A8
View Quote
That's awesome! 

I need a welder...
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 11:12:12 PM EDT
[#13]

MX5800, it's a beast for its size.
View Quote
Nice. FIL has a 7040, I think. It's awesome, would love to have one. 

One of my best bros had a 2900 something, and it's pretty stout for a "compact" tractor. 
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:31:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Nice. FIL has a 7040, I think. It's awesome, would love to have one. 

One of my best bros had a 2900 something, and it's pretty stout for a "compact" tractor. 
View Quote

I had always told myself that a L39 with backhoe was as big as I would ever need, when I started pricing the L39 I randomly priced the MX and it was sooo much more tractor for nearly the same price as a similarly equipped L39 so went that way.  When I was shopping one of the stores had a used 7060 with a backhoe that I nearly went with, it was just slightly heavy/big for my trailer and I know I have to move it at some point with all the associated implements so that sealed the deal for the MX, if I was stationary I would absolutely have gone with the slightly used 7060.  

The worst part about tractors is the one you have will do "almost" everything you want it too do
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:25:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I still haven't managed to get ours to do the dishes yet....needs improvement.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 1:55:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I still haven't managed to get ours to do the dishes yet....needs improvement.
View Quote
That's what the Mrs. is for, and sammiches....

oh wait, did I just... 

oh whale. 
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#17]

I had always told myself that a L39 with backhoe was as big as I would ever need, when I started pricing the L39 I randomly priced the MX and it was sooo much more tractor for nearly the same price as a similarly equipped L39 so went that way.  When I was shopping one of the stores had a used 7060 with a backhoe that I nearly went with, it was just slightly heavy/big for my trailer and I know I have to move it at some point with all the associated implements so that sealed the deal for the MX, if I was stationary I would absolutely have gone with the slightly used 7060.  

The worst part about tractors is the one you have will do "almost" everything you want it too do
View Quote
A man should have at least two tractors. 

Two is one and one is none and all... 
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:12:12 PM EDT
[#18]
A man should have at least two tractors. 

Two is one and one is none and all... 
View Quote

Totally agree
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:31:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil] [#19]
spent some time discing the upper garden

mom was complaining about a broken cherry or apple tree making house look so

hooked it up and drug it into the field so I can turn it into smoking wood

last night she was complaing because of all the small branches and shit in driveway
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:54:21 PM EDT
[#20]
I cut the hump in the middle of my 50 yard range down and built up the firing position. I also learned I'm not as good with a tractor as I need to be.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:07:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Ytka:
I cut the hump in the middle of my 50 yard range down and built up the firing position. I also learned I'm not as good with a tractor as I need to be.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/222790/image-150547.JPG
View Quote

Looks pretty good to me. Soil appears to be pretty moist which always makes it harder.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:20:45 PM EDT
[#22]

Looks pretty good to me. Soil appears to be pretty moist which always makes it harder.
View Quote

It is moist. On a positive note, the dirt seems like it holds water pretty well. I'm going to work on it a little more when it dries out some. I just want a place where my son can shoot off a bipod without risking skipping one off the ground.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:18:49 PM EDT
[#23]
I also learned I'm not as good with a tractor as I need to be.
View Quote

Practice makes perfect, and Rome wasn't built in one day.  Experimenting and using your equipment is the only way you'll get better.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:51:17 PM EDT
[#24]
As my dad says, a good equipment operator is one who keeps the machine upright and doesn't destroy anything in the process of what their working on.

Saying that, I've been in and around equipment since I was old enough to tell the difference from a John Deere and a Case without calling them "just tractors", and I am still miles behind being able to operate like my dad does. Granted I'm better and some machines and operations, but he'll mostly walk circles around me.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:26:57 PM EDT
[#25]

I'm interested in that AR, any chance to see a pic of it?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:38:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil] [#26]
Originally Posted By JFarley:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JFarley:

Only picture I have handy, just a typical beater gun that rides in the truck, on tractor (normally not on the hood ) but I was hunting a dog that was terrorizing my Alpacas that afternoon

Range Tool lower
RRA LPK
Delton 16" mid
general generic non anodized upper
Wilson MPI BCG
PA red dot
Basic solid rifle

Disclaimer to antidag shooters, this is a typical collarless mutt let loose by POS meth heads and other trash, they get killed by lot's of folks for running cattle, horses, goats and my alpacas
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:10:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Though I am against shooting dogs because a lot of dog running asshats around here either let the dog go if its not doing a good enough job running deer or the hunter just shoots it dead and leaves it on the side of the road.......but its its a danger to livestock and people, yea by all rights give it a 55gr pill
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:38:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Though I am against shooting dogs because a lot of dog running asshats around here either let the dog go if its not doing a good enough job running deer or the hunter just shoots it dead and leaves it on the side of the road.......but its its a danger to livestock and people, yea by all rights give it a 55gr pill
View Quote

I love dogs, my dogs, and am highly tolerant of neighbor dogs.  Strange dogs that don't respond immediately to a call or a "get out of here" go down as they will generally come back later for a meal.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 7:31:18 PM EDT
[#29]
The only drawback to them.....and it's a drawback to tractors too..............they do not like ditches
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/1384027_4858089669805_43644445_n.jpg?oh=ae64fb4f56fd8d0889574c6ce21a5178&oe=59131D6F
View Quote

Is that T770? I have had to put tracks back on 2 machines about 3 times in the past week or so using a brusher like you have installed I cant think for the life of me why bobcat would use grease as a track tensioner
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:41:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By LOW50S:

Is that T770? I have had to put tracks back on 2 machines about 3 times in the past week or so using a brusher like you have installed I cant think for the life of me why bobcat would use grease as a track tensioner
View Quote

Yup T770, luckily the only time the tracks were off of it where when we replaced them.......which was a headache enough doing two at the same time. Just gotta keep a bag of sheer bolts handy for when the cutter breaks one.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:15:25 PM EDT
[#31]

Yup T770, luckily the only time the tracks were off of it where when we replaced them.......which was a headache enough doing two at the same time. Just gotta keep a bag of sheer bolts handy for when the cutter breaks one.
View Quote

Ya where I work we have 2 about 2 years apart, one has 1000 hours and the other one we got this summer has about 250hr both have had the tracks come off while using them. some operators don't like to pump grease in them. I had a track off the older one last week to "check" for front idler play one guy swore the front idler had play in it. remove track only to find out the front idler only has play when the track is lose !!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:17:29 PM EDT
[#32]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/222790/image-150547.JPG
View Quote

I like your berm I want to make one at my place I just need to bring in fill in order to make it. I would like something where I could make a small area for pistol where I could set up targets and do drills and have my sides slightly protected
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:29:31 PM EDT
[#33]

Ya where I work we have 2 about 2 years apart, one has 1000 hours and the other one we got this summer has about 250hr both have had the tracks come off while using them. some operators don't like to pump grease in them. I had a track off the older one last week to "check" for front idler play one guy swore the front idler had play in it. remove track only to find out the front idler only has play when the track is lose !!!
View Quote

Thats what I hate when the person running it wont even keep up proper care on it. I check everything before I run a machine, which is why I am the only one the bossman lets on certain equipment, because I watch what I'm doing and I keep it checked on a regular.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:37:47 PM EDT
[#34]

There is a 3-point version of that, let me see if I can remember where I saw it.
View Quote

I've used a 3-point hydrostatic flail mower before. I believe it was made by Bush Hog.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 9:21:36 AM EDT
[#35]

I like your berm I want to make one at my place I just need to bring in fill in order to make it. I would like something where I could make a small area for pistol where I could set up targets and do drills and have my sides slightly protected
View Quote

I've got a lot more cleaning up to do, so I'll be adding to it as I go. As a matter of fact, on Sunday I started raking a clearing that's going to be a food plot. There's also the other half of the field I raked to build up what's there now.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 10:09:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Didn't get good action shots of the tractor but moved my partially built goat milking shed from the trailer I was constructing it on to the ground and put the final, and largest, wall in place. Me and my two little helpers weren't able to lift the wall let alone move it to the shed
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 8:33:25 AM EDT
[#37]
I need to make some forks for my tractor, we have a hot tub getting dropped off and have to raise it 29 inches and set on deck, it weighs about 500 pounds empty

Levered out 12 inch from bucket lip and 5 ft long from there, 2x4x1/4 wall steel tubing should be strong enough right? Heading out into shop to see what we have laying around
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 8:49:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By bansil:
I need to make some forks for my tractor, we have a hot tub getting dropped off and have to raise it 29 inches and set on deck, it weighs about 500 pounds empty

Levered out 12 inch from bucket lip and 5 ft long from there, 2x4x1/4 wall steel tubing should be strong enough right? Heading out into shop to see what we have laying around
View Quote

Carry all frame could do that, tractor supply for like $150 if you feel lazy
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 3:14:40 PM EDT
[#39]

Carry all frame could do that, tractor supply for like $150 if you feel lazy
View Quote

I don't think my 3 point will go that high.....

that would be an easy solution
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 4:17:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Added a new hydraulic top link, took delivery on a new box blade, and did a little grading.

Amazing how much rock I have to pick.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 5:21:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LOW50S] [#41]
Not my tractor but I used this a little today
Attachment Attached File

Oldest one we have in our fleet here Cat 140G we also have 6 140H and 3 140M and a few deere machines but I think cat has them beat
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 12:54:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 12:57:37 PM EDT
[#43]

Which cylinder did you use?
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 12:58:14 PM EDT
[#44]

What is that implement?
View Quote

Looks like the ice scrapper for grooving the ice.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:28:58 PM EDT
[#45]

What is that implement?
View Quote

Motograder with ice blades on we also have huge V blades that go on the front of them
Attachment Attached File

View from the seat

During the warmer days we have teeth that go on the front and rip up the road so blade smooth again

Now we are in warmer weather so we are blading roads fixing rough spots and potholes (pic was taken a week ago) but used around the lot yesterday as this is a old spare machine only used when we have breakdowns so we run it from time to time to keep things working
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:40:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Attachment Attached File

Compared to the interior shot of a new machine
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 2:16:04 PM EDT
[#47]

Which cylinder did you use?
View Quote

Cat. 1: 18 1/8" - 26 3/8"
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:57:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 9:24:14 PM EDT
[#49]

I don't understand.  So you use that implement to "groove" ice?

And you use the same implement to rip up asphalt?

Confused Kitties is confused.
View Quote

Lol  Well Ok kitties I work secondary roads, So we cover Gravel and paved roads in the county I live in.

So we use the motograders on all the gravel roads, we only use them on blacktops if they have thick ice on them. BUT

So during the winter with the freeze thaw cycles, heavy traffic, sleet/rain sometimes the snow packs onto the gravel roads causing a giant sheet of ice across the entire surface with tire tracks if it was semi soft then froze so we put those tooth blades on to scratch the ice hope to chip off high spots and grove to try and get to gravel sometimes if we get gravel we will take the blade and spread the gravel onto the icy surface to try and get traction.

most of the time we have just straight blades installed. and we will use them to "turn" the road. we basically use the straight blades to cut and grade the road put crown back into the road.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 9:29:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 104
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top