Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2015 11:25:03 AM EDT
My wife and I got our small farm started up last year, so this will be the first year that we are going to have to file tax paperwork on everything. One of the things we will need is a name for our farm.  Our primary goal is to raise/breed Scottish Highland cattle…..but we also have some donkeys, small meat goats, a bunch of chickens, and a huge garden that we may try to sell the produce from at a local farmers market.  We have around 6 acres of farmland…..so it’s nothing huge, but we hope to make a little money if possible.  

Any good name ideas for a farm?  I don’t want something to serious, but not to goofy either. My wife wants to name it “Fuzzy Hoove Farm”….I think that’s a little too strange.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:34:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Farm to table
The Farmacy
4Seasons Farm
Living Earth Farms
Your Last Name Farms
Green Earth Farms
Back to Earth Farms
To name a few...
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:35:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Name it after the previous land owner.  Gives some provenance to the title.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:36:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Our place has two names.

Rancho Costalata

Flat Broke Bungalow
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:47:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Green Acres.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:52:07 PM EDT
[#5]
If you live in MO Ozarks, use <vernacular word> Hill Farms.  Like, Brush Hill Farm, Spring Hill Farm

Run words together that make a joke about the things you have to deal with on a farm, like "Stepinit" Farms, "BellowinBull" Farms (in AR we would say, "Beller" instead of "Bellow")

On 6 acres you will have to be pretty efficient to make any money, so use that idea--Entropy Farms, Push-a-Turd Farms (that one's a little over the top, but pretty descriptive)

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:16:44 PM EDT
[#6]
First Pict Ranch
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:07:41 PM EDT
[#7]
If you want to stay married, let her pick.....

Although you may want to point out that "fuzzy hoove" is a LOT like "camel toe."  If she wants to signify the livestock aspect, perhaps tweaking that to "split-hoof" or something of that nature.  Maybe "Kosher Cloven?"
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:45:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Promise Farm
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:44:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Get Off My Lawn Acres

Or you know, a variant of your wife's idea.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:12:39 AM EDT
[#10]
maybe combine parts of your names together.  me and the wife combined our middle names together and came up with "Shimmbrooke Farm"
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:59:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Fast and Furious Fecal Flinger Farms
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:05:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Dingleberry Farms
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:11:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Flingpoo Farm
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:35:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Tina
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:19:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Lilliput
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:46:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Mustang Ranch?

Chicken Ranch?

Bunny Ranch?

Cottontail Ranch?

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:46:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Crazy Acres.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:52:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Bought the
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:17:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My wife and I got our small farm started up last year, so this will be the first year that we are going to have to file tax paperwork on everything. One of the things we will need is a name for our farm.  Our primary goal is to raise/breed Scottish Highland cattle…..but we also have some donkeys, small meat goats, a bunch of chickens, and a huge garden that we may try to sell the produce from at a local farmers market.  We have around 6 acres of farmland…..so it’s nothing huge, but we hope to make a little money if possible.  

Any good name ideas for a farm?  I don’t want something to serious, but not to goofy either. My wife wants to name it “Fuzzy Hoove Farm”….I think that’s a little too strange.

Any ideas?
View Quote

Mountain Coos Farm  (You knwo that's how the Scots pronounce "cow" right? They pronounce it like "coo" rhymes with "who")

Highlands Farm

Highland Coos Farm

(BTW....It would be either Fuzzy Hoof (one hoof) or Fuzzy Hooves (more than one hoof)--make sure you get that part right if you name it.  You have to live with that for a long time. )

Moo Acres

Acres of Moos

Highland Moos Farm

Fuzzy Moos Farm

Fuzzy Moo Farm  (no I'm not kidding. I think these last two are really cute)

Six Acres & A Cow

Six Acres & A Fuzzy Cow  (that's an awesome name--like Two Guys and a Truck, which I think is a national franchise now)

There are so many possibilities...but I don't know where you live or what the area is like...and all that could play into what you call your farm.

You don't need to say any of that here, but seriously...the possibilities are endless.

I make up titles for a living (part of what I do) and I'm happy to brainstorm with you via IM (this will involve strings of ideas thrown out at random based on whatever information you provide) if you want to tell me more about your operation.

That's just an offer if you want to take it, but....
If not, that's okay too.

Kitties

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:56:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Heeland Coos Hollow Farm
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:59:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Six Acres & A Coo

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top