Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2014 1:10:07 PM EDT
I need to fence in my large garden.

How many feet of T-post mounted barbed wire fence can I run before I need to put a pipe-fence H-post in the ground in concrete?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:24:44 PM EDT
[#1]
If the braces at the end of the fence are done correctly you can go as far as the roll of wire goes.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:21:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If the braces at the end of the fence are done correctly you can go as far as the roll of wire goes.
View Quote

Which is 1320 feet aka 1/4 mile.  Keep in mind that is for flat ground, if you have a change in elevation you will need a line post or H-brace.

Grove
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:32:16 PM EDT
[#3]
My 4 strand barb wire is run 1/4 mile between H braces....Been up for years without any problems

edit:  I used 8 inch post, 8 feet long, about 4 feet buried, with a 4 inch post as a cross brace. You can probably easily get away with 6 inch post but for the little extra cost I like the larger post
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#4]
and make sure you use big/ long enough posts
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top