Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2014 4:33:29 PM EDT
Who has pomegranates and how well do they fruit?
I'm planting a Pomegranate "Wall" of 9 Pomes 2.5 feet apart of 5 different varieties.. Fingers Crossed they produce.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 4:49:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Back in California I had a tree. I more or less neglected it the entire year, and then in October, it gave me about 50-100 perfect pomegranates. The weather was ideal for them over there, so your mileage may vary.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:29:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had mine for three years. Still can't get a single bud on it yet. Seems to just keep getting taller and nothing else...
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 11:22:10 AM EDT
[#3]

I like to try to get plants that have fruits already on them or they are the right price.
One of me $5 pomes had a flower but it fell off. The ones with fruit are just bought.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 11:41:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the Japanese persimmon crossed ones grafted on Florida native root stock. I have a bunker crop this year on two trees, this project started out with 6 trees and only these two survived. I found when taking trees that are off site specific to your soil type it requires a serious undertaking. I put 50lbs of black compost under each tree then additional 50lb bag packing in the sides. I run a micro jet system to ensure timely managed watering. I know this is a slightly different beast we are talking about, but this has just plain worked for me. I have 3 bald cypress growing on a sure enough sand hill that are gorgeous/thriving. IM me and ill get pics for you, but will be later tonight.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 3:55:22 PM EDT
[#5]
They come from a nursery and lowes/home depot. I have no idea what they started in but they all go a mixture of tree/shrub soil and flower/vegetable soil
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top