Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2014 8:03:30 PM EDT
I am an assistant leader for the local 4H in which my daughter is involved.  I thought of the idea of doing canning for the older kids, maybe only a few at a time.  I discussed this with the leader and she likes the idea.  Thinking of doing simple fruit for starters.  Hoping to be able to get the senior center to use the facilities, which may be our only option, so I hope that pans out.

Has anyone done this?  Ideas, things to think about.  Age will be a key issue for obvious reasons, and also number of kids to do it at once.  Release waivers?  Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:50:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe combine it with a trip to a pick it yourself farm to get the fruit, or whatever, that way everyone will be canning the same thing so it'll be easier to demonstrate/teach.

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:10:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool idea man. We are just breaking my younger son into 4H & canning sounds like a great idea. He loves being in the garden.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:00:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:04:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I talked to the senior center today and got approval to do it there. Will look into after labor day.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top