BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:59:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I did manage to get the bed ready to plant since my last post.  Now I have to decide if I'm going to plant next week or wait until the end of the month since I'm heading back to my cabin for a few weeks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, i don't want to jump the gun either.  I did plant some Walking onions but it's ok to plant them earlier as they should probably root a decent amount.  I'll dig up the other Walking onion thread and post some pictures in there.

I did manage to get the bed ready to plant since my last post.  Now I have to decide if I'm going to plant next week or wait until the end of the month since I'm heading back to my cabin for a few weeks.

I've been working on it this weekend.  It rained this afternoon so I had to stop and I'll resume tomorrow.  I've got high hopes for this season.  I'm rotating locations since I put it in the same spot 2 years in a row.  I'll definitely have pics posted when they go in.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 3:53:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:21:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

OK, I planted today as it might be snowing by the time I get back up here.  

I only planted one bed, maybe 75-85 cloves.  I get about 95% survival and harvest. More than I need for myself and still have enough to replant.

I planted 200 one year. That was way too many. Lots of people wanted some until I offered to sell them some. Never heard a peep after that, so now I grow just enough for myself. They can go buy that Chinese shit in the grocery store.  
View Quote

Pics?  I still haven't gotten mine into the ground but I worked in the garden for 2 hours after work today.  I have the bed almost ready.  I'm going over the cloves that will be planted.  We have had a relatively warm fall.  Colder weather is in the forecast but daytime temperatures are still nice.  I am going to find that walking onion thread that was posted here as I have a tiny bed of those that have come up and I'll take pictures of those.  Apparently it's ok to have them break the surface even though the tops will freeze.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top