Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2012 12:22:42 PM EDT
a local guy has this rototiller for sale. It is brand new, never used, paper work still plastic wrapped, no gas in tank, not a scratch on it.

online price is $625.00  i think its last years model.. i also think they changed something, and this exact model is discontinued. husqvarna makes great stuff, and i was wondering if you thought this would be a good deal to jump on.

the price he has on it, is $625.00............... but i was told he would take $500.00.   its winter, and not many people are looking for tillers right now.  

does this sound like a good deal?   it SEEMS  like a good deal to me, but i dont know a damn thing about rototillers. im going to be using it to make a garden. Not a huge one, just smaller sized.

Link Posted: 10/18/2012 4:27:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/18/2012 5:49:25 PM EDT
[#2]
if it's made by MTD, and has dual direction tines, then yes get it, it's about the best one you could get short of a troybuilt horse.
Link Posted: 10/18/2012 7:33:46 PM EDT
[#3]
its got dual direction tines, and reverse. i also found the actual price was $866.00, and $825.00 from the internet where i could still find one. this model is discontinued. so i guess last years. so a new $800+ tiller for $500.00.   if its still there on payday, im going to grab it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 7:35:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't know how much Garden you want to till. This is a toy, get yourself a Troy bilt Horse the older the better pre MTD.  Watch Craigs list and E-bay bargans are out there expecially this time of year. Last spring I found a 1985 Horse on E-bay for $350 needing some work . It was in NICE condition with a new Tecumseh 10 horse engine ,belt and reverse disc. Said He sunk close to a grand in it last year , between buying it and motor ect. and now this, thats it its gone ! I was the only bidder. The fix took Me about 1/2 hour , the set screw on the motor pulley was never tightened . I ground a flat on the crankshaft re installed the pulley and been using the shit out of it without a problem.........that is untill the stupid Dog chewed the sparkplug wire off of it , oh well $25 later new coil assembly and I'm back in buisness.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top