BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 7:43:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
That dealer uh, gets around.  LOL  Kind of notorious for it.

i know you are in the biz and i also know you know the reason that folks deal with likes of Barlow and Messicks and so on.  

you used the word 'notorious' but that is a bit strong, even understanding the nature of the business.  to sum up: i visited my local dealers.  i called around.  the course that i decided upon worked best for me.  three years later i am even more convinced about that.  

though, do you have a lightly used B series w/ 60" MMM and FEL to trade for my BX (@270 hours)?

ar-jedi

ETA:
yes, some of it was financial, and part of it was personal trust.  my local dealer, who also sells heavy equipment (the $400K kind), basically said that in order to get Kubota's zero down/zero % financing on the BX i would pay list price.  if i paid cash the price would be discounted.  "that's the way it works".  that of course is not the way it works, as i later found out...

Had one with 40 hours back in the spring, but that's a rare bird!
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 7:44:04 PM EDT
[#2]
So... how much shipped to sc ;)

ETA: you can keep the BUG!
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 7:52:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

maybe something got lost in the translation... when i say "B" series i mean a current "B" series, one step up from the BX:
http://www.kubota.com/product/B2320/B2320.aspx

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 7:55:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

maybe something got lost in the translation... when i say "B" series i mean a current "B" series, one step up from the BX:
http://www.kubota.com/product/B2320/B2320.aspx

ar-jedi

That is what I had, a B2320 with belly mower and FEL with 40 hrs.  My neighbor bought it.  Closest thing I've got right now is a B3300 with FEL and only 70 hrs.  Problem is that particular model does not have a mid PTO and you couldn't put a belly mower on it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 7:58:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I grew up only an hour from Somerset.
I cannot believe that you guys order from them.

why's that?

ar-jedi

Oh...lessee..

Cuz the delivery could add up to a whole shit ton of money––more than I would think would be worth it, unless there are no decent dealers in your area.

That's just a long way to haul a tractorette.

Lotsa dealers around.  At least, around here.

Granted, I have not bought one of these, but just sayin.

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 7:59:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want the bell i have been looking for one for a few months and i dont know about up there but down here if you want a old one that size its gonna be 500+.

casting on mine says "CRYSTAL METAL".

you are going to have to get your own marbled orb spider though: examples  

ar-jedi

http://wopr.losdos.dyndns.org/gallery2/d/2336-1/DSCN4306.JPG

http://wopr.losdos.dyndns.org/gallery2/d/17339-1/DSCN5713.JPG

http://wopr.losdos.dyndns.org/gallery2/d/17304-1/DSCN5722.JPG

Okay the spider is the most awesome part.

I almost commented that your spiders look pretty much the same as ours. I have to walk out with a flashlight and a stick for "web busting" at night.

And I hate to do that cuz it messes up their meal for the whole 24 hours.

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 8:00:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

why's that?

ar-jedi

Oh...lessee..

Cuz the delivery could add up to a whole shit ton of money––more than I would think would be worth it, unless there are no decent dealers in your area.

For whatever reason, dealers in the North East get list and sometimes list + for new equipment.  It's not that uncommon for folks to look a little farther south in the hopes of a better price.
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 8:05:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

why's that?

ar-jedi

Oh...lessee..

For whatever reason, dealers in the North East get list and sometimes list + for new equipment.  It's not that uncommon for folks to look a little farther south in the hopes of a better price.

One more reason to not move to the northeast I guess.

That snow in your pics would be reason number 1.

I didn't know that about the dealers up there.

List, down here, is like car stickers.  You never pay that.  It's just a random number to use when you start to bargain.  And you start WAY down from that.

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 8:20:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

^^^ this man knows what he is talking about.  

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 8:37:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

it's not really a problem.  i have one of Simplicity's biggest/stoutest machines.

unless of course the snow is about 12" higher than the auger inlet area on the snowblower.  

then, you got a problem.  

ETA:
the pictures were taken because the snow was "remarkable" –– 32+ inches fell in 24 hours.  that happens once a century, or so i am told.  
usually we don't get that much at once, and in some cases a lot less. (such as last "winter" –– the *total* seasonal snowfall was probably 20" or so).

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 8:44:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

it's not really a problem.  i have one of Simplicity's biggest/stoutest machines.

unless of course the snow is about 12" higher than the auger inlet area on the snowblower.  

then, you got a problem.  

ETA:
the pictures were taken because the snow was "remarkable" –– 32+ inches fell in 24 hours.  that happens once a century, or so i am told.  
usually we don't get that much at once, and in some cases a lot less. (such as last "winter" –– the *total* seasonal snowfall was probably 20" or so).

ar-jedi

http://wopr.losdos.dyndns.org/gallery2/d/23872-1/DSCN6186.JPG

http://wopr.losdos.dyndns.org/gallery2/d/23913-1/DSCN6184.JPG

It's incredibly beautiful.

But I would not want to live with that every year, even a few inches less than that.

It was unusual last year, in that we got practically none.

The worst winter I remember we had a bunch, and it still wasn't near what is in your pictures.

I love snow.  Once in a while.

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 3:58:22 PM EDT
[#12]

dear kitties,

att'd, TS Sandy and the follow-up Nor'easter just 7 days later.

u can halp ???  

ar-jedi

––––––––––

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 4:13:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Awww... hell...
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 4:58:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:00:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Looks like you were at least spared any significant building strikes? That's a blessing if it's the case.

there is NO POSSIBLE WAY i can complain about anything –– just 10 miles away along the waterfront it is a trainwreck for many folks:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1389975_NY_and_NJ_worse_than_reports_are_showing_.html&page=4#i36607858

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 4:10:37 PM EDT
[#16]
A little JD318 with a snowblower on the front eats up foot high snowfalls like candy on my curvy, hilly, 300' driveway here.  Nice to not have to deal with using the scraping blade and loader on the Ford 3000... that will do it, but it is a pain in the neck.  Now, I really need to get a cab on the 318... all that snow flying around makes for a chilly drive.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top