Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2012 8:33:29 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 8:49:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 9:29:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Being from the 'burbs of Detroit, the local radio shows like to have the Nuge on.

I heard him briefly mention this on an interview the other day.  I think he'll be coming out pretty strongly against it soon!

K
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 3:36:52 PM EDT
[#3]
That is the craziest thing I have ever heard....typical gov ploy....next thing they will want to outlaw cows....
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 4:42:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I guarantee this was started in Dearborn.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 4:48:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

This is what I was thinking.

Link Posted: 4/4/2012 2:41:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 5:28:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Well, there's no such thing as a native pig in the US. They were brought here by the Spanish. Domestic hogs that escape into the wild will go wild and revert back to their genetic roots, so to speak in a generation or two.

Wonder how that will play out.

Not true.

Releasing twelve border collies will not produce grey wolves in a couple of generations either. Without cross breeding, with exclusively Spanish Ferals, you will not see any difference, in a subsequent generation of hogs.

This misunderstanding about 'reverting' to genetic roots is similar to the 'cut the tails off of puppies' experiment.  No matter how many generations of a domestic hog is allowed allowed to breed, it will produce the same off-spring.  There is nothing about being raised in a barn, with a nipple-waterer and commercial feed that keeps a hog from growing long hair, changing its DNA to that of a true feral.

As for the enforcement of the 'invasive' and 'species' act, I hope they don't call Sitting Bull's kin and ask for their perspective.

TRG
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 5:41:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Move to neighboring state and conduct business there.  And when I say neighboring, I mean 25 yards over the state line into the next neighboring state.

Link Posted: 4/5/2012 7:42:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Uncle Ted has a ranch up there with Russian boars on it. I wonder if this will effect his operation?
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 8:32:24 AM EDT
[#10]
That's my Michigan!  We get suppressors and we lose pigs...  WTF!
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 6:32:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is what I was thinking.

You could try researchng the issue instead of spouting off ignorant ethnic comments..it has zero to do with Mooslims. Its a poorly written attempt to curb the growing feral pig issuehere..I doubt it will be implemented and I sincerely doubt a state that can't afford to properly track sex offenders is going to be ale to send the pig SS door to door.

I have not researched any further but I ran across this article. I know there are some rules against posting other folks articles. If I have violated any of the rules please delete/edit the post and let me know how to post it appropriately.

The following article is entirely the work of Mike Adams, Editor of NaturalNews.com, who has written a exclusive report, “Michigan government unleashes armed raids on small pig farmers, forces farmer to shoot all his own pigs“, and has asked to have his story shared. While it is extremely rare that I will copy an article in it’s entirety (out of respect for the reporters original material), since this story dovetails perfectly with Modern Survival Blog, with 100% credit to Mike, here is a copy of the very disturbing report of our government out of control…

(NaturalNews) NaturalNews can now confirm that the Michigan Department of Natural Resources has, in total violation of the Fourth Amendment, conducted two armed raids on pig farmers in that state, one in Kalkaska County at Fife Lake and another in Cheboygan County. Staging raids involving six vehicles and ten armed men, DNA conducted unconstitutional, illegal and arguably criminal armed raids on these two farms with the intent of shooting all the farmers’ pigs under a bizarre new “Invasive Species Order” (ISO) that has suddenly declared traditional livestock to be an invasive species.

The ISO also deems farmers who raise these pigs to be felons, and DNR officials were ready to make arrests on the scene and haul away these farmers to be prosecuted as hardened criminals.
Farmer forced to shoot his own baby piglets in cold blood

“I think this is an unconstitutional order, these actions of the DNR are way out of bounds,” attorney Joseph O’Leary told NaturalNews in an interview today. He is representing one of the farmers who was targeted in these raids. “To take what was six months ago an entirely legal activity, and suddenly people are felons over it. They’re not growing drugs, running guns or killing anybody, they’re raising animals pursuant to USDA regulations and state of Michigan regulations. They haven’t done anything wrong here, and the DNR is treating them like they are hardened criminals.”

In anticipation of the DNR arriving on the scene, one farmer engaged in what can only be described as a heart-wrenching task of shooting his own pigs, one by one, including baby piglets before the DNR arrived. This was to avoid being arrested as a felon. His livelihood is now completely destroyed, as the state of Michigan has put him out of business. Even after this farmer informed the DNR that he had destroyed his entire herd of pigs, the DNR continued to illegally acquire a search warrant by providing false information to a court Judge, then conducting an armed raid on his ranch to verify that the entire herd of pigs had indeed already been shot to death. That this took place satisfied the DNR, which is now showing itself to be engaged in the mob-style destruction of targeted farming businesses through its mass-murder agenda of Michigan’s small-scale farm pigs.

“It was very traumatic for him. These guys are farmers, and I know how much he cared for the animals there, and the DNR treats these like they’re some kind of a plant that needs to be exterminated rather than animals that people care about,” said O’Leary.

Here is what one of the raided farmers had to say about his experience of being forced to destroy his pigs:

“I was served a search warrant yesterday at 7: 45am. I have killed all my hogs. [DNR] gave me papers that say I do not have any hogs on my property. All they saw were dead hogs laying around from my mass slaughtering. It took 12 guys 4 times in there to kill all of them, sows with young, Pregnant sows, dozens of piglets, and old mature boars. It has been a sad few weeks. Does anyone know what it feels like to open fire on 20 baby piglets in one group which weigh between 5 lbs and 15 lbs. They are so adorable and cute. They commented to everyone that they never saw a fence built so tough and no way would a hog get out of this area.” (www.BakersGreenAcres.com)

One of the raids targeted Ron McKendrick of Renegade Ranch in Cheboygan County. His ranch was raided on Saturday morning, and DNR agents reportedly conducted an interrogation of his customers and his 75-year-old senior citizen employee. In order to gain access to his property, DNR bureaucrats acquired a temporary restraining order which was used to bully their way onto the property (a violation of the Fourth Amendment).

Another raid was conducted against the farm of Dave Tuxberry. He’s the man who was forced to shoot all his own pigs before DNR agents arrived, in order to avoid being arrested as a felon.
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 7:20:10 AM EDT
[#12]
i heard an interview with Mark Baker on this, he was tipped off that the DNR was on its way and proactively told them "I'll be waiting for you", at that point they backed off and went after smaller and older farmers that did not have legal representation in place...he also stated that the DNR was simply deciding what Pigs were heirloom by color of their hair ...... and the search warrants were signed in a different county than executed.
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 7:46:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
i heard an interview with Mark Baker on this, he was tipped off that the DNR was on its way and proactively told them "I'll be waiting for you", at that point they backed off and went after smaller and older farmers that did not have legal representation in place...he also stated that the DNR was simply deciding what Pigs were heirloom by color of their hair ...... and the search warrants were signed in a different county than executed.

So is this just some .gov folks looking to justify their positions?

TXL
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 5:11:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Pork kills more americans than guns...

Heart attack is #1 cause of death among men over 50
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 11:07:22 AM EDT
[#15]
We're already there in Tennessee being any hog that does not have a domesticated appearance is illegal to own or import.

Wildlife resources even has a video posted on their web site.

TWRA Feral Hog Guidelines.
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 2:01:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 5:20:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Goverment trying to control our food.  Only corporate food can be consumed from this day forward
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top