Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 56
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:33:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Pics are awesome...  he looks like trouble already - no doubt where he got that from!

My boy was similar - constant work to feed or get to sleep, many late nights and long days.

Then he stood up around 4 months and starting walking @ 7 mo... No rest for the weary... 5 years later he runs me ragged but is an awesome side kick.

Last week out of the blue he said, "dad, watch this" and launched into a perfect back flip....  too much Ninja Warrior on the DVR for him I guess.

Daughter was the opposite... never a worry with her, easy to sleep and feed and at three she calls me "partner" and is my fearless helper in all my chores around the property.

I know you've heard it a million times, but enjoy these next few months, as crazy as they are... your kid will be doing back flips before you know it too.

Good job Dad.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Pics are awesome...  he looks like trouble already - no doubt where he got that from!

My boy was similar - constant work to feed or get to sleep, many late nights and long days.

Then he stood up around 4 months and starting walking @ 7 mo... No rest for the weary... 5 years later he runs me ragged but is an awesome side kick.

Last week out of the blue he said, "dad, watch this" and launched into a perfect back flip....  too much Ninja Warrior on the DVR for him I guess.

Daughter was the opposite... never a worry with her, easy to sleep and feed and at three she calls me "partner" and is my fearless helper in all my chores around the property.

I know you've heard it a million times, but enjoy these next few months, as crazy as they are... your kid will be doing back flips before you know it too.

Good job Dad.
View Quote

Honestly, the first 6 weeks have been very tough to enjoy.  More stiff upper lip and laugh instead of cry.

It's been good the last few days and we are now trying to enjoy the moments.  He is already growing soooo damn fast.

TRG

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:31:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I know that pain.  My son was the exact same way.  He'd sleep 2-4 hours straight at any given time.  For 11 months.

My best advice is to try and work it in shifts.  I'd "work" the first half of the night, and then my wife would get the second half just so we could have some set amount of sleep (even though his crying would still wake us).

If you get as sleep deprived as me, you'll get frustrated, so my other advice would be to just walk away if you get frustrated.  When they're already crying and not going to sleep, it doesn't hurt to set them down for a bit and clear your head.

Give it time.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:59:03 PM EDT
[#4]
So he is a crybaby like his dad.  Color me shocked.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:11:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I know that pain.  My son was the exact same way.  He'd sleep 2-4 hours straight at any given time.  For 11 months.

My best advice is to try and work it in shifts.  I'd "work" the first half of the night, and then my wife would get the second half just so we could have some set amount of sleep (even though his crying would still wake us).

If you get as sleep deprived as me, you'll get frustrated, so my other advice would be to just walk away if you get frustrated.  When they're already crying and not going to sleep, it doesn't hurt to set them down for a bit and clear your head.

Give it time.
View Quote

We definitely had those moments.

It made me wonder how many 'SIDS' incidents were from frustrated parents.  

Our 'joke' was 'how far is it to the Baby Safe dropbox at the fire station?  Should we take the plates off the car so they can't trace it back to us?

TRG
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:12:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So he is a crybaby like his dad.  Color me shocked.
View Quote

Your just jelly because his penis is already bigger than yours.

TRG
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:39:28 PM EDT
[#7]
good looking kidlet
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:21:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
good looking kidlet
View Quote

We just bathed him in the sink.  Nice, warm, loving family scene.  Bubbles and coos.

Was squeezing the washcloth to reduce the water content.  Thought it was odd that the water squirted out so far.

Wasn't the washcloth.

He just pissed in to our toaster.

Can't make this shit up.  LOL

TRG
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:51:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

We just bathed him in the sink.  Nice, warm, loving family scene.  Bubbles and coos.

Was squeezing the washcloth to reduce the water content.  Thought it was odd that the water squirted out so far.

Wasn't the washcloth.

TRG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
good looking kidlet

Wasn't the washcloth.

TRG

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:03:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:07:50 AM EDT
[#12]

You are grasping at attention whore status.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:47:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Go polish my tiara and STFU, n00b.

TRG
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:28:30 PM EDT
[#14]
This threade delivers.

Milk?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:27:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This threade delivers.

Milk?
View Quote

We're planning to open up a line of artisan yogurts and cheeses.

TRG
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 11:35:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s671.photobucket.com/user/TheRedGoat/media/garden2013/20141107_103331_zpsa0ff6d95.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv71/TheRedGoat/garden2013/20141107_103331_zpsa0ff6d95.jpg</a>

TRG
View Quote

Congratulations
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 11:49:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 2:25:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I have alot more things actually sprouting this year than I did last year.  It is a-maaa-zing how planting at the right time, with the right equipment, with the right fertilizer is working so much better this year.  

A few more pics from today.  I found some decorative gourd seeds, birdhouse and crooked neck, and I just didn't have room for them in the other patches, so... I made a 15x 30 spot for them out in the sunniest part of my pasture.  According to the directions, they are to be left to dry before pulling them out of the field and hanging them on a fence, another reason to move them out where they will not be disturbed:

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv71/TheRedGoat/20120324_142523.jpg

A quick shot of the three main tools this season, the Oliver 55, 5' tiller and a square hoe:

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv71/TheRedGoat/20120324_142530.jpg

I forot to take pics of another patch of food/flowers I planted a month ago.  This is 5' x 15' patch across the fence from my driveway.  It has edible sunflowers and zinnias planted.  The sunflowers did not do well last year, but they are already sprouting this year:

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv71/TheRedGoat/20120324_142748.jpg

Had to break for lunch.  Fresh wild hog liver with sliced green onions from the garden.  Pan fried in some bacon grease:

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv71/TheRedGoat/20120324_121617.jpg

TRG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looking great!

I only hope I get some sprouts on my end soon.

I have alot more things actually sprouting this year than I did last year.  It is a-maaa-zing how planting at the right time, with the right equipment, with the right fertilizer is working so much better this year.  

A few more pics from today.  I found some decorative gourd seeds, birdhouse and crooked neck, and I just didn't have room for them in the other patches, so... I made a 15x 30 spot for them out in the sunniest part of my pasture.  According to the directions, they are to be left to dry before pulling them out of the field and hanging them on a fence, another reason to move them out where they will not be disturbed:

A quick shot of the three main tools this season, the Oliver 55, 5' tiller and a square hoe:

I forot to take pics of another patch of food/flowers I planted a month ago.  This is 5' x 15' patch across the fence from my driveway.  It has edible sunflowers and zinnias planted.  The sunflowers did not do well last year, but they are already sprouting this year:

Had to break for lunch.  Fresh wild hog liver with sliced green onions from the garden.  Pan fried in some bacon grease:

TRG

Think I recognize that Liver!!!  Looking good.  The garden bounty tastes pretty good too.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 11:05:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Think I recognize that Liver!!!  Looking good.  The garden bounty tastes pretty good too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looking great!

I only hope I get some sprouts on my end soon.

TRG

Thanks, man.

Although I have a small winter garden with onions, garlic, radishes, carrots .. the 30 degree overnight temps, cloudy days... not much growth.

This has been my main occupation this winter:

TRG
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 12:43:42 PM EDT
[#20]
He is a good thing to concentrate on.  He should be getting fun to play with.  I wish i were closer to my new grandbaby.  He look like a happy one!
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:18:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:01:36 AM EDT
[#22]
I've been promising that I would add some Garden pics, here is the coop and run I built in the Fall.  I give a shout-out to Brad for telling me about making a 'grazing area' that the hens could use without eating the grass to the roots.  It is filled with oats and it works perfectly yo supply Vitamins when everything else in the coop is bare.  

I will be adding more in the Spring.

some garlic (re-grown from last spring's leftovers, onions, radishes, carrots, not much really happening with overnight temps in the low 30s and highs sometimes only in the 50s.

TRG
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:59:04 PM EDT
[#23]
I would design some more beside them, so you can put your garden under cover to keep the birds out.  Then when the garden is finished you could open a gate to allow the chickens to glean the remnants.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:49:51 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I would design some more beside them, so you can put your garden under cover to keep the birds out.  Then when the garden is finished you could open a gate to allow the chickens to glean the remnants.
View Quote
that or throw the weeds from the garden in the coop, those birds will eat everything you put in there. I spoil mine with over ripe melons in the summer.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:07:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
that or throw the weeds from the garden in the coop, those birds will eat everything you put in there. I spoil mine with over ripe melons in the summer.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those hens are very destructive.  I originally thought about planting inside the run to keep weeds and bugs at bay.  They are Houdinis and managed to go everywhere that I tried to stop them from going.

TRG
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:03:54 PM EDT
[#26]
They like pork rind too esp the maggots
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:08:49 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Those hens are very destructive.  I originally thought about planting inside the run to keep weeds and bugs at bay.  They are Houdinis and managed to go everywhere that I tried to stop them from going.

TRG
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TRG
Yes they are, I let mine out in the afternoons and they fluff all the pine straw beds around the house looking for bugs to eat

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:51:19 AM EDT
[#28]
I like the size of that run. How many birds?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:37:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I like the size of that run. How many birds?
View Quote

17 I think.

TRG
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:38:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
They like pork rind too esp the maggots
View Quote

Yes ... they do!

TRG
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 12:17:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Had some tings to post today...

First up .. 'just dis guy, you know?' ...

The pullets, and two older Game hens have begun to lay eggs. I think this is 3 day's worth of eggs.

For those following my chainsaw blade problems... I've cut two trailers full of wood with the new sprocket.  Appears to have solved the issue with a loose chain.  This was the chain's tension after cutting today.  

Yes, the saw really is 20+ years old...first sprocket replacement.  Original clutch,  no shit.

It cut this elm:

These two sweet gums:

Cut these sections:

Started this spark-fire:

These logs:

All with the tension still the same as the first pic.

I bought a new maul.. and holy shit .. it'sa nice...Seriously, this took less than 10 minutes, and barely broke a sweat:

My wood/fence wagon is 14' long.  It hauls a solid cord of wood.  I came through a creek crossing and decided to try a new path.  Dropped in to a hole, wedged the tire under roots, and had to admit defeat.

It was left to a decision...unload the trailer, leer it up.  Pull forward.  Reload wagon....or ... swallow my pride and ask a neighbor to bring his FEL over to lift it up and allow me to pull forward...  I called the neighbor.

TRG

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:03:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Good job.  At least you know where good bars come from.  wish i had a woodstove just not feasable with all the new regs here.  

You mean you didn't he man up and lift that trailer with your TRG powers  it's nice to have a neighbor who can help out though.

Oh good looking kiddo too.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 10:33:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Love the blue eggs, I have one arocouana in my coup that lays them, theres a guy locally here that has "olive eggers", dang eggs are dark olive green. I'll probably get two of them in the spring.

Good looking boy too
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 10:53:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Good job.  At least you know where good bars come from.  wish i had a woodstove just not feasable with all the new regs here.  

You mean you didn't he man up and lift that trailer with your TRG powers  it's nice to have a neighbor who can help out though.

Oh good looking kiddo too.
View Quote

Oregon does make a good bar.  

I've heard bits and pieces about the 'wood smoke' regulations up in your area.  There is something fundamentally wrong with our government when they have the ability to regulate a fire for warmth.

TRG
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 10:53:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Love the blue eggs, I have one arocouana in my coup that lays them, theres a guy locally here that has "olive eggers", dang eggs are dark olive green. I'll probably get two of them in the spring.

Good looking boy too
View Quote

My city-girl wife had never seen a green egg.  I told her the hen was old and was laying rotten eggs.

She believed it.

TRG
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:35:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:45:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 12:29:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Asshole neighbor or cool neighbor?
You swallow a lot of things, so pride should not be an issue...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was left to a decision...unload the trailer, leer it up.  Pull forward.  Reload wagon....or ... swallow my pride and ask a neighbor to bring his FEL over to lift it up and allow me to pull forward...  I called the neighbor.

TRG

Asshole neighbor or cool neighbor?
You swallow a lot of things, so pride should not be an issue...

Not Tim the FSA neighbor.  Hell, I would burn the trailer in place before I asked him for a damn thing.

TRG
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 12:57:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:11:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What model Stihl is that?  

Your pictures made me tired.
View Quote

Stihl 026.

They don't make this model any more from what I have been told.

TRG
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:42:20 PM EDT
[#41]
It's not the smoke issue but permitting.  Dave just looked into putting in a woodstove.  Because we have manufactured homes the stove and installation was going to be close to 5grand.  Too rich for our blood.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:54:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

My city-girl wife had never seen a green egg.  I told her the hen was old and was laying rotten eggs.

She believed it.

TRG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good looking boy too

She believed it.

TRG

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 2:06:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Good one.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 4:47:21 PM EDT
[#44]
How are things going with the little goat?
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 4:58:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
How are things going with the little goat?
View Quote

Last week he started some unexplained crying and fussing while eating.  Spent a solid hour screaming at the top of his lungs.  No fever, called doc.  After some liquid Tylenol he slept.

Took him in for a doc appointment and he was vet checked sound.  Still above average for weight and height.  All exams passed.  

Might've been teething?  Still don't know.

Since then he's been doing great.

He is getting in a bad habit of searching the EE for local deals though.  

His first HK 416.

TRG
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 5:04:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Probably gas.

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 5:11:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Gripe Water helped with my son.  Dunno why it worked, but it did.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 5:28:04 PM EDT
[#48]
poor kid has his daddy's "wtf" look

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 6:11:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Gripe Water helped with my son.  Dunno why it worked, but it did.
View Quote

How much of this rum do I put in his bottle?

TRG
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 6:12:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
poor kid has his daddy's "wtf" look

View Quote

I gotta stop taking pics of him when he's drunk.

TRG
Page / 56
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top