Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2017 10:38:51 PM EDT
Walmart

Was walking around Walmart checking prices with my phone!
Came to the Stanley Adventure Series Camp Cook Set. It is about $14.97 or so.
Well it turned out, to be listing for $11.77 on the Walmart web page!
I got it to pop up on "Amazon Market" at some ridiculously low price.
Only when I tried to go to it, it was not there.
So I got the one they had. Will be ordering one more on line, as well.
Need two for Christmas gifts for my kids!
So if you where think of getting a Stanley Cook Set.
This might be a good time to buy one. Or two.  You save about $3.00.

PITA45
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 10:58:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks, I have looked at them for a while but never grabbed ine, guess I'm hitting walmart in the morning.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 12:16:50 AM EDT
[#2]
About six months back, when we were talking the Stanley stuff, Target had a clearance sale on the 24oz. SS pot with two green 10oz. cups and I picked one up for about the Walmart price.

I think that Target was getting rid of them and haven't seen once since, but it's a nice, cheap option to have, especially if you're a coffee/tea drinker.

Chris
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 2:18:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
About six months back, when we were talking the Stanley stuff, Target had a clearance sale on the 24oz. SS pot with two green 10oz. cups and I picked one up for about the Walmart price.

I think that Target was getting rid of them and haven't seen once since, but it's a nice, cheap option to have, especially if you're a coffee/tea drinker.

Chris
View Quote
Yes it is!  I figured some nay sayer would being up, that it was to heavy.
But for someone, just getting started. Who drink tee/coffee.
Uses Mountain House as their camp food.
It seams to work great! A lot of You-Tube videos of it doing just that!
My second one is on it's way! (Third if you count the one I have been using.)

PITA45
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 7:21:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

PITA45
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris

PITA45
I was just at ChinaMart and they had them, among others, for $15, so I think I did OK on price.  It's just another tool in the tool box for me and I'm no 'camping champ', just somebody who needs some stuff during hurricane season, just in case things go south.

You can get 16oz/32oz SS mugs at the supermarket for cheap and they would work well for Mountain House (just bought my first 3 pouches Saturday) in a pinch.  I'm looking at my third Trangia alcohol stove, just to put with the Stanley in a RothCo zippered pouch, which while a tight fit, works pretty well for cheap ($12ish.)

Cover your bases and stay away from the spendy titanium stuff if you're just wanting something to have and you're not an UL backpacker.

ETA:  

Look into the Sterno (yes...that Sterno) Inferno cooking pot, for about $25.  It is a 'convection' jobbie that does well with a Sterno fuel source, or even a Trangia alcohol stove and boils water in <5 minutes (16oz.).  I think it's 20oz. and works well for tea, coffee and basic water boiling.

I also picked up 3 bottles of yellow HEET, just to have.

Chris
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 12:39:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I have ShopSavvy app.
I was told that the Walmart app does the same thing!
I just don't have it yet! Still looking!
My understanding is; If it is on line at a lower price.
AND if it is sold and shipped by Walmart.
Then they will match that price in the store!
They are not going to look for it.
A while back got a queen size air bed (21inch high).
in store it was around $75.00 or so.
On line, got it for $50 plus. At the store!
I know that your only, saving about $3.00.
But the Stanley Cook Set, hardly ever goes on sale!
Glade you got yours!

PITA45
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 2:47:46 PM EDT
[#6]
After reading this thread, I did some research on the Stanley Adventure series Camp Cooker.  Watched some Youtubes, read some reviews, decided it was something I needed to have.

So the next time I was in Academy, I put my hands on one.  My suspicion was confirmed; I needed one.  But they weren't on sale at Academy.

Yesterday, I went by WalMart, intending to pick one up for $11.77, but I couldn't find one ANYWHERE in the Sporting Goods dept.

Today I went by Academy again, they had several on the shelf, but the price was $24.99.  I took one up front and asked the cashier if they would pricematch Walmart.  She said yes and I bought it.

When I got to my truck, and looked at the receipt, Academy actually offers a 5% discount below their competitor's price if you are pricematching, so instead of $11.77+tax I actually paid $11.18 + tax.  

Not bad, Academy!!  

Also, I am going to put together an inexpensive backpacking gear list for my son's Boy Scout troop and this dude along with the stainless steel $4.97 Ozark Trail cup from Walmart that nests around this Stanley cooker will go on that list.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 2:52:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
After reading this thread, I did some research on the Stanley Adventure series Camp Cooker.  Watched some Youtubes, read some reviews, decided it was something I needed to have.

So the next time I was in Academy, I put my hands on one.  My suspicion was confirmed; I needed one.  But they weren't on sale at Academy.

Yesterday, I went by WalMart, intending to pick one up for $11.77, but I couldn't find one ANYWHERE in the Sporting Goods dept.

Today I went by Academy again, they had several on the shelf, but the price was $24.99.  I took one up front and asked the cashier if they would pricematch Walmart.  She said yes and I bought it.

When I got to my truck, and looked at the receipt, Academy actually offers a 5% discount below their competitor's price if you are pricematching, so instead of $11.77+tax I actually paid $11.18 + tax.  

Not bad, Academy!!

https://www.rei.com/media/product/876647

Also, I am going to put together an inexpensive backpacking gear list for my son's Boy Scout troop and this dude along with the stainless steel $4.97 Ozark Trail cup from Walmart that nests around this Stanley cooker will go on that list.
View Quote
I just went through 82 hours without power here in Miami, due to Irma.  I didn't need to use my Stanley set, since I have a Coleman single burner propane stove and just used my tea kettle to boil water for coffee/iced tea, but it's nice to know I have it in case I have to leave 'light handed.'

It'll do a few jobs, so for $12, it's a no brainer.  Get the RothCo water bottle holder, as it fits into that, albeit a bit snugly.

Chris
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 3:51:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Well just picked up a couple of these kits, Amazon has them for $11.77.

Also just spent an hour or so watching some simple modifications by those on youtube.

Pretty neat piece of kit that is not overweight nor breaking the bank.

Truck and pack will each get one.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#9]
The aluminum bottle alcohol stove is a perfect fit for these.  3rd summer I've used this camping on the bike

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top