Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2017 3:57:32 PM EDT
Last night I was navigating the river and my Convoy C8 died.

Does anyone here happen to have a thread handy on replacement guts that I can put into my host body? I don't mind soldering. I just don't want to sift threads to figure out where the cheapest parts are.  I just want my light working, illuminating stuff a long way out.

For clarity, I'm not asking anyone to sift through the info.; don't spend your time. Only bother if you have something at hand. I just don't want to spend the time sifting through flashlight build info right now and if someone already has a thread handy that gives me the part numbers and place to pick them up it would be helpful.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 11:45:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Followup:

Mountain Electronics is out of stock on a new flashlight, so I think I am going to modify what I have in the following manner:

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/54262

It looks fairly easy, and it will be interesting to see if there is a marked improvement over what I already had going on.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 10:51:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I just went home for 4 weeks and brought my Convoy C8 and it was fine.  I would have posted your link, but I wasn't on the computer all that much.

They're easy to fix, although I've never built/modded a light.

Richard at Mountain can set you up with all of the parts.

Good luck, Chris
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 3:33:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got everything I need in a padded envelope from MTN Electronics.  I just need to find time.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 1:19:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Flickr test and Convoy family.

Chris
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top