Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2017 10:00:27 AM EDT
Stumbled upon a brand of backpacks from Poland called "Wisport". I guess they're popular overseas and just haven't caught on strong here yet. Seems that the only seller is some place called "Military 1st". Looks like they're based overseas as well but ship to the US for free. They've got some real nice looking bags in a large assortment of sizes and designs and the prices are great. But my only question is durability. Most of the video reviews on them aren't in English. The few that are in English look like overviews and haven't thoroughly tested the bags yet. I'm tempted to pick up a Wildcat 55L.

Attachment Attached File

Military 1st Wisport list

Unless you speak commie you'll want to turn the volume down on this. But this'll at least show you the bag's features. Looks pretty good to me. Especially for the price.

Ruksak Wildcat 55 Wisport (SK)
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 11:10:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Wisport Sparrow 16. Upon arrival, I noticed this:

The loose stitching was not attributed to stress at the seams. In fact, it's in an area where no stress could be applied. The person sewing just did not sew through all the layers. The rest if the bag is in good condition, so it could be just a lemon.

Military 1st was also the vendor and they offered an exchange/refund. I decided to stitch it up myself, but I'm probably gonna use this pack exclusively for light loads.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 5:19:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Edging tape to close to the end...have had it do the same on cheapchina shit before. And even on issue SDS pouches..
It's not done by hand but by a special feeder foot on the machine. That folds it while you sew it on.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:24:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting. Thanks for the feedback, guys. I was initially concerned over what looked like single strand sewing on certain parts. Then I saw other name brand packs with similar stitching and didn't know what to think.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:57:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Hi! Check out this video, guys from Black Owl Outdoors are reviewing one of Wisport packs: https://www.blackowloutdoors.com/blog/2015/6/21/woodcraft-backpack-wisport?rq=military%201st

All Wisport packs are hand made in Poland and come with five years manufacturer's warranty.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top