Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2017 11:35:14 PM EDT
Had some bad weather here in texas and the electric was out and used these streamlight lanterns.

Shit....they work great only needed to have them on low. Should've got more when they where on sale.

Small but does a great job lightin up a nice size area.

Thats all...
Stay safe people.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 1:55:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought two of the Siege D models, two Christmases back and left one at my GF's condo with a fresh set of batteries.

I fiddled with both for a bit before putting them away.  They're a nifty lantern and the AA versions are good enough, but there are now brighter lanterns and lanterns that run off of li-ion 18650s.

No stink, no real hazard concerns, great runtimes with D batteries, so yeah...it's a great time for portable lighting systems.

Chris
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 6:16:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah chris, the ones I got are the AA model.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:13:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought one during the Primary Arms sale.

Should've bought two.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:48:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Man, I tracked them on Ebay for 18 months before pulling the trigger when I did.  The AA version is nice, but I bought 8 of the Eneloop Gen. 1 AA>D adapters and they work in the Siege D lanterns, so like my Energizer WeatherSlayer LED lantern, which does AA/D cells as a rule, my Siege lantern can be used with AAs in a pinch.  I'm not yet into D NiMH batteries, but can charge them up in my chargers.

For me, at the time, two Siege Ds lanterns were a better option than one of the new Fenix 18650 jobbies, for a bit more money, even if the latter was smaller and brighter.

Chris
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 9:36:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one D size and 3 AA size.
Used camping for a month where we didn't have power.
Very happy with there performance.

Set my 85 year old Mom up with the AA model with lithium batteries.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 12:29:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Good deal...I got 2 for the house and 1 for my mother and 1 for my daughter.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:22:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Which is better? The D version or AA?
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:58:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Which is better? The D version or AA?
View Quote
I'd get (got) the D version because you can buy Eneloop AA>D adapters and run AAs in it if you want, but if you use D size alkaleaks (or NiMH) you get a lot more capacity.  I think the the Siege lanterns run in series, so you're stuck with the capacity of whatever type of battery you're using.  The D light will be heavier, however.

An Energizer/Duracell D has about 17,000mAh of capacity at a drain of 100mA and a NiMH D has about 8,000-10,000mAh.  We're up to 2500mAh for AA NiMH and perhaps 3000mAh for Energizer Lithium Ultimates, as a comparison.

I've got Duracells here for a 12vdc fan and my Siege lanterns and 8 of the Eneloop AA>D adapters (gen.1) for use with my gazillion AA NiMH batteries I have all over the place.

Chris
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 11:22:07 AM EDT
[#9]
I bought 4 of the c cell siege lanterns. LOVE THEM
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 1:00:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I have 3 D cells and 4 AAs. The smaller ones go in our travel bags wherever we go. The D cell models get used whenever the power goes out. The frosted lens makes them much more useable than other options. They don't have a terrible amount of glare.

Anyone have the USB rechargeable model? It's a little rich for me, but I'd love to try one!

Also, I have used my Dcell models with a Eneloops in adapters and have not been to terribly imprsssed with performance. Are there a rechargeable D cell out there that is worth investing in?
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 8:54:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have 3 D cells and 4 AAs. The smaller ones go in our travel bags wherever we go. The D cell models get used whenever the power goes out. The frosted lens makes them much more useable than other options. They don't have a terrible amount of glare.

Anyone have the USB rechargeable model? It's a little rich for me, but I'd love to try one!

Also, I have used my Dcell models with a Eneloops in adapters and have not been to terribly imprsssed with performance. Are there a rechargeable D cell out there that is worth investing in?
View Quote
Remember, these lanterns and 12v fans are run in series, usually, so running Eneloops in series is only going to compound voltage and not capacity, as they would running in parallel.

An Eneloop is only 2000mAh for standards and ~2500 for the hi-caps, so that there lies the problem.

I have the ability to charge D cells with adapters for my Maha C9000 and Opus BT-3400, so for me, I'll eventually want to pick up some Tenergy Premium Ds (or Cs if you need those), or some Tenergy Centura LSD type NiMH batteries.

Premiums are about 10,000mAh and Centuras are about 8,000mAh, so those are thought to be the best out there.  There are Maha PowerEx Ds/Cs and AccuPower Ds/Cs, with a bit more capacity, but word on the street from users is that the Tenergys are the best for the money.

Chris
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top