Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2017 8:18:25 PM EDT
I currently have a Thermarest Trail Pro that I have used for years with no issues. I put it directly on the ground and sleep on top of it with my bivy.

The issue is it is kind of bulky and takes up too much space in my pack.

Does anybody know of a sleeping pad that is made of similar material as the Thermarest, but is not self-inflating. I'm ok with having to inflate it myself if it is durable, but packs down smaller.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out Klymit. Their website is easy to navigate. I personally can vouch for the Static V insulated, and the Static V Lux insulated. These are the only pads I've tried that work for me when I sleep on my side. Keeps the shoulders and hips off the ground. I've tried the foam pads and I've had a Thermarest, but I always get sore sleeping on those. Get the uninsulated ones if you don't camp in cold temps. They really pack down small and are light! The material is strong, and they don't make a ton of noise like the neo airs.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 10:06:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Haha, see the other sleeping pad thread. Klymit.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 10:30:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check out Klymit. Their website is easy to navigate. I personally can vouch for the Static V insulated, and the Static V Lux insulated. These are the only pads I've tried that work for me when I sleep on my side. Keeps the shoulders and hips off the ground. I've tried the foam pads and I've had a Thermarest, but I always get sore sleeping on those. Get the uninsulated ones if you don't camp in cold temps. They really pack down small and are light! The material is strong, and they don't make a ton of noise like the neo airs.
View Quote

Thanks! Just got the Static V Insulated Recon from LAPG for $55!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top