Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2017 5:32:27 PM EDT
What websites do y'all use to get your gear from? I was a die-hard Going Gear guy back from when they were a site sponsor, but after some recent issues with their inventory system, I think I'm done. Amazon's always an option, but they don't always have the greatest prices, nor some of the more... Esoteric gear (yeah, I'm a bit of a gear whore, and have a soft spot for unusual, high quality gear).

Lately, I've been using CampSaver and Back Country Gear, found a killer deal on a Soto Windmaster at CampSaver last night ($47.22 with the 3 and 4 prong pot supports!).

Massdrop is also a great site, though the selection is a bit... Limited, obviously.

So, what other sites do you use?
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 12:57:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Steepandcheap - Backcountry's clearance site

eBay - a lot of companies sell their returns and or refurbs there, sometimes under different names. Klymit, GearOutlet (backcountry returns).

Sierra Trading Post used to have some smoking deals when stacked with their 40%+ coupons but I haven't seen those in nearly a year.

REI garage sale events and online clearance

You've already named the others I use. I also try to stack ebates or activejunky to sweeten the deal.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 10:51:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Back Country Gear is great! Free shipping if you spend like $50, which is pretty much anything.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 2:21:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Sierra trading post, but agree their coupons are not what they once were.
Cabelas, really have to surf the bargin cave.
Amazon
Ebay
CountyComm
BackCountry
ForestrySuppliers
HarborFreight
NorthernTool
LAPoliceGear
Walmart (site to store)

I guess it depends what specifically your looking for?
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 7:46:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Survival-Pax is a good. Smaller shop, limited selection but best price on Tramontina machetes and good quality paracord. Real time inventory.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 1:27:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sierra trading post, but agree their coupons are not what they once were.
Cabelas, really have to surf the bargin cave.
Amazon
Ebay
CountyComm
BackCountry
ForestrySuppliers
HarborFreight
NorthernTool
LAPoliceGear
Walmart (site to store)

I guess it depends what specifically your looking for?
View Quote

CampingSurvival for paracord!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top