Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2017 4:48:54 PM EDT
Saw this and thought it was a great cheap prep item. Even comes with stuff sack

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 9:35:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I've wanted one of these for a while - I think I've also seen the same thing under the "double black diamond" brand?
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 1:01:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I'll have to see if my local sams has them.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 1:46:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Saw this and thought it was a great cheap prep item. Even comes with stuff sack.
View Quote

Which WI Sam's Club?
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 3:11:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've wanted one of these for a while - I think I've also seen the same thing under the "double black diamond" brand?
View Quote

If these are indeed the same, jump on them.  I've got a few of the Double Black Diamond ones which I acquired from Costco.  They're great.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 8:46:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Which WI Sam's Club?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saw this and thought it was a great cheap prep item. Even comes with stuff sack.

Which WI Sam's Club?

Kenosha
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 9:10:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 11:00:31 PM EDT
[#7]
My local Sams was down to about a dozen left today. I had my choice of maroon or grey so I grabbed 2 in grey. I have 1 similar, under a different maker, from Kohl's that I use all the time so I'm pretty excited to get more.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 2:47:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If these are indeed the same, jump on them.  I've got a few of the Double Black Diamond ones which I acquired from Costco.  They're great.
View Quote

The Eddie Bauer ones measure 60" x 50", or actually 56"x 48" as finished, as one reviewer commented.
The Double Black Diamond ones measure 60" x 70" so they are 20" longer.

You can buy a two pack of the Double Black Diamond ones at costco.com for $39.99, so the same price.
http://www.costco.com/Double-Black-Diamond-Packable-Down-Throw-2-pack.product.100314979.html
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 1:24:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I bought one today. Great deal. These are very warm!
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 12:30:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I bought one today. Great deal. These are very warm!
View Quote

This thing is static electricity gone crazy! I'm going to have to put it in the dry for a short time with a dryer sheet.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 6:46:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The Eddie Bauer ones measure 60" x 50", or actually 56"x 48" as finished, as one reviewer commented.

You can buy a two pack of the Double Black Diamond ones at costco.com for $39.99, so the same price.
http://www.costco.com/Double-Black-Diamond-Packable-Down-Throw-2-pack.product.100314979.html
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered the Costco versions. I am thinking about making a pseudo bag out of them I can wrap myself up in. I'll decide once I have them.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 10:11:40 PM EDT
[#12]
The Sam's club version is just too small to be useful for a guy my size other than just a throw. It would keep my legs warm in a chair.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 9:25:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd grab these but I don't know anyone who has a Costco membership.
May end up just grabbing a snugpak jungle blanket.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 4:02:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Those little things are warm as can be.  I've grabbed a few for the trucks
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 10:44:32 PM EDT
[#15]
The Costco versions are very nice. The materials seem a tiny bit finer and the stuff sack is a bit smaller over all. I put one over me in my living room and I started sweating quickly. They weigh 15 oz each. Less than half the weight of a regular throw close to the same size. These will be an important part of my light weight travel kit.

The extra size over the Eddie Bauer version is a big deal for a large guy like me

With shipping them ended up about $25 each.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 6:27:31 PM EDT
[#16]
These are great. Picked up a couple of them last year when they had a similar sale. I leave mine in my truck/BOB.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 6:38:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Hmm, seems the Costco version would make a good hammock under quilt...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top